Klassic Character Moveset/Costume Tweaks?

Scislac-Busorez
Mortal

Klassic Character Moveset/Costume Tweaks?

Post by Scislac-Busorez »

I have no modding experience, however I am considering reading the tutorials here to make some tweaks to the hidden versions of the fighters in MK9. Theoretically, would it be possible to make the following changes and if so, which tutorials should I start with?
If these are possible to do, I would like to attempt learning the methods to create these, as I think it would complete the last retro styled content that could be reasonably be added to MK9.

Klassic Reptile
- Add the rest of Sub-Zero and Scorpion's special moves and finishers

Klassic Smoke
- Change his outfit to MK2 Smoke
- Add the rest of Scorpion's special moves and finishers

Klassic Noob Saibot
- Change his outfit to MK2 Noob Saibot
- Add the rest of Scorpion's special moves and finishers

Klassic Jade
- Change her outfit to MK2 Jade
- Add the rest of Kitana's special moves and finishers

Smoke
- Add a MK3 robot Smoke costume to Smoke that works without a tag partner or another fighter using the same mesh.

Pantelis
Mortal
Side: Light

Re: Klassic Character Moveset/Costume Tweaks?

Post by Pantelis »

Hi there fellow,yes it is possible since you want to mesh swap their textures but not their mesh.You can extract CHAR_ files and swap their textures in photoshop,it is very easy.You just use gildor's decompress and extract.exe and scorpion'sk17(i think so is his name) texture2d to dds and xxxrepack tools.The first one it is used to convert textures in dds format,so you can edit their costumes,accesories etc or even swap them amd the second one is used to rebuild the xxx file basically.There is also a pdf and links for the files/ tools somewhere on this forum,posted by UncleFestor.You just need to find their char files inside the Asset's folder(I don't remember which one's is which).Now for swaping movements I don't know,it is called a script edit,I have never tried it to be honest but I know someone who is expert enough and has made tutorials,his name is GamerSubZero
Scislac-Busorez
Mortal

Post by Scislac-Busorez »

Okay, so if I follow that method, I should be able to create a DLC costume for Smoke using the Klassic Cyber Ninja model, without needing a tag partner with the same model, correct?
Pantelis
Mortal
Side: Light

Post by Pantelis »

Scislac-Busorez wrote:Okay, so if I follow that method, I should be able to create a DLC costume for Smoke using the Klassic Cyber Ninja model, without needing a tag partner with the same model, correct?
Yes,just create a new CHAR_SMOKE_C costume,along with an ENG and INI file if you planning on adding a completely new custome to the game
Attachments
Do you mean something like this?.It is a cyber-smoke swap
Do you mean something like this?.It is a cyber-smoke swap

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”