Steam update : editing characters (still error message)

mycomer
Mortal

Steam update : editing characters (still error message)

Post by mycomer »

Hi there,

As I said in a previous post, I try to make Amoral Mod for Steam Update.

I still have the error message even with all your posts (copied modded layer in a "update".dds then injected them in a "update".xxx), I tried, I tried, again and I finally have a doubt in the dds options (in case of alpha layer or no).

So I just tried to change color of an "update".xxx, that's all..... and still got error.

So I'm asking how can I know if a .dds file should be saved in a DXT5 or DXT 1 options ? (I'm using Photoshop)

Thanks a lot

UncleFestor
Grand Master
Side: Darkness

Re: Steam update : editing characters (still error message)

Post by UncleFestor »

What error msg are you getting ?

Did you decompress the xxx file before injecting the texture ?

For Char Diff's u use DXT5, Alpha channels should be kept & check Generate mip-maps.

There's really no need to copy the layer from one dds file to another. All you really need to do is extract the dds files from the Char package that you want to get the Mod from, save it in the correct format, then inject it into your Steam updated char package. Make sure that the Texture2D file you're using was extracted from your Steam updated package. You'll know if you saved the dds correctly cause it'll be the same size as the Texture2D file.

If the dds is too big then save as DXT1, if it's too small then save as DXT5.
Check out my Youtube Channel : https://www.youtube.com/user/unclefestorable
HowardC
Mortal

Post by HowardC »

You probably don't even have to do that. The texture2d files are most likely compatible as-is... at least going by the analysis I did a while back.
mycomer
Mortal

Post by mycomer »

Thanks for your replies but..... damn !

You still helped me : the size of the files was a clue. But 1 thing I don't understand in UncleFestor's post : why should I "save it in the correct format" (the dds file of the existed mod) if I don't change it ? As HowardC says, in this case I just have to take it.

And yes, I've decompress the xxx file before injecting the texture.

The error message (when I see it) is : Runtime Error - Program:.... - R6025 - pure virtual fonction call

I really want to do this mod by myself, but why/where/how am I doing wrong ?

PS : if another guy has already re-made this mod, I'll take it :)
RosaHunsicker
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Post by RosaHunsicker »

A calculation is formed for the intensity of all offers. The fluctuation of the myassignmenthelp australia in the ambit for the reforms. The pattern is flicked for the optional side for the beneath sides for the citizens.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Modding Tutorials and Discussions”