Register    Login    Search   View active topics    FAQ

Post subject: MK9 Fow Low end PC
 Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2020 3:13 am 
Mortal

Side: Light
PSN: dmitrydc
XBox Live: dmitrydc
Exist any way to remove scenary backgrounds and shadows?
My old pc dies and i want to try play on a old pc but runs slow. maybe if i remove all backgrouds and reduce the textures and remove shadows and particles runs better
Sorry for my bad english

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: MK9 Fow Low end PC
 Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2020 6:19 am 
Elder God

XBox Live: Armored Gambid
What kind of a PC are we talking about? MK9 is by today's standards not really a demanding game. As far as I know it can even run on some integrated GPUs.There are of course limits. I myself do not know of a way to remove the stuff you asked.

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Post subject: Re: MK9 Fow Low end PC
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 12:57 pm 
Master

DmitryDC wrote:
Exist any way to remove scenary backgrounds and shadows?
My old pc dies and i want to try play on a old pc but runs slow. maybe if i remove all backgrouds and reduce the textures and remove shadows and particles runs better
Sorry for my bad english

The best you could do without much work is to reduce the game's screen resolution. I think that the lowest resolution you could get in the options menu is something like 800x600.
Nevertheless the game can be adjusted to even lower resolutions by manually setting the high and wide in its respective file inside the appdata folder.
To access to this file you would need to be able to see the hidden files of your pc (google it) and then go to C/Users/"your user name"/appdata/roaming/
Once inside the roaming folder look for some folder related to MKKE and open it.
There you will find a file which you would open with notepad. Adjust the resolution there. The lowest setting you can establish by the way is 500x400, more or less (just mess around it). Then save the file.
You will also need to set it as a Read-Only file by right clicking on it and going to properties. This will avoid the game to alter the changes you just made.

It is obvious that you will have to set the video options inside the game options to their minimum too, as you said.

There are also ways to "remove" the backgrounds if you still need it, that would help too.
There's even a third option you can take by adjusting the game frame rate that by default it runs at 60Hz. You can alter it so it runs at lower frequencies instead, though this would remove some of the game's fluency.

These three options are the lowest you can go in terms of settings when you try to run this game in a low-end pc.

Note: I assume your game is already running, but with difficulties. As Gambid said, there are limits. If the tips i gave you still do not help you, then shamefully there's nothing you can do except to update your hardware.

Profile E-mail