Mortal

Re: MOD: Enforce 30/45 FPS for less powerful PCs

Post by mkscorpion83 »

To get things like what you put at 50 FPS all you have to do is 60/50 = 1.2

Cmat
Mortal

Post by Cmat »

Thank you for your work. I'm using 30fps for my laptop but because it's too fast I upped the graphics a little and it works nicely. I tried 45 too but it was still slow (for my laptop). I believe something between 35-45 would be best for me. I tried editing the .ini file but unfortunately with no success :(. One thing I noticed after replacing the .ini is that in ladder mode if I select "retry" after loosing a match, the game returns back to normal (slow) fps and speed. This also happens if I do an Xray hit :( Besides these, the game runs nicely. Thanx again
Spawn
Mortal
PSN: nemesisustanak
XBox Live: nemesisustanak

Post by Spawn »

Hi guys have to ask you a question...
when i download the file (the one of the fps) the mod boss will be automatically removed
there is one way to play at 30 fps per second and at the same time use the bosses?
yukfoo1
Mortal
PSN: yukfoo1

Post by yukfoo1 »

I also tried both mods to make game run better, but it was like x3 the speed lol
The Killing Joke
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Post by The Killing Joke »

There is a way to run the game faster (that's what I assume you all want) and play as the bosses, chameleon/khameleon, etc. Tricky process though. I'll try to be as thorough as possible.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have want the bosses included for light modding the game, you MUST have them installed first. Also, make sure that you back up your original coalesced file beforehand.

1. http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/vie ... =83&t=6656
2. Download Mortal Kombat 9 Coalesced Tools by Haoose v1.0 (Extractor/Packer)
3. Once downloaded, make a new folder inside the mkke.exe folder. (Name it whatever you want)
4. Click the ... and browse for the aforementioned folder
5. Hit extract and pick the folder that says coalesced and choose coalesced.ini
6. Edit the game's settings to your liking (Using MK9Game) [Not the PC_file]
7. Hit pack
8. Find the new_Coalesced.new file
9. Delete your current coalesced file
10. Rename new_Coalesced.new to coalesced.ini
11. Enjoy

SECOND NOTE: You must edit the configuration settings each individual time you want to change game speeds.

And side note: I don't exactly know if this is just my CPU that's weird, but after I made the modifications the game seemed to run just a little faster. It's not ridiculously fast, but it is sorta noticeable.

I hope this helps anyone who needs it.
egadd
Mortal

Post by egadd »

Sorry, I'm really bad with computers. How do you just install this mod? I'm having trouble with it and I don't want to put up with the super low fps I'm getting

Edit: Okay so I got the MK9tools program and am trying to change the game speed and fps but it doesn't seem to be changing anything ingame. Any ideas? I make sure to save the changes and pack them into coalesced.ini
Sablicious
Apprentice

Post by Sablicious »

Download RIVE TUNER and you can use it to limit the refresh rate on any game.

Be aware, however, that if a game's engine is tied to its frame rate (e.g., DoA5:LR), the game will run slow/er accordingly. This isn't common though.

It works great on games like Dark Souls 3, where the 'strobing' effect (like in movies) gives the game a more filmic feel. Obviously, with fighters (and racing games etc.), higher frame rates are preferable. But, if the hardware isn't up to the task, a steady 24~30fps is heavenly compared to something that dips from 60 to 10 and back all the time.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Gameplay Mods”