Removing Guest Characters

Scislac-Busorez
Mortal

Removing Guest Characters

Post by Scislac-Busorez »

Would it be possible to remove Freddy Krueger from the select screen and Nekropolis with editing the coalesced or game files? I know that if I delete or rename his character files, he does not show up in the select screen, but it will sometimes cause the game to crash when he loads in the arcade tower. I prefer MK without guest characters if I'm playing single player so I was wondering if that's possible. Thanks if anyone has any experience with this.

MaxGambito
Mortal

Re: Removing Guest Characters

Post by MaxGambito »

I don't think all that is possible.
I mean, the part of removing the characters from the nekropolis is impossible, since the game can crash if you remove the files from the nekropolis.

In the first versions of the game are the characters dlc?
you could check, and download the first version.
Scislac-Busorez
Mortal

Post by Scislac-Busorez »

I actually did discover a way to do this using the mod tools in the Gameplay Mods section - you simply have to edit the coalesced to state false where it asks if Freddy Krueger is unlocked. Same thing if you install the mods that allow you to have custom outfits for DLC characters.
Saibot1
Mortal

Post by Saibot1 »

Scislac-Busorez wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:46 pm Would it be possible to remove Freddy Krueger from the select screen and Nekropolis with editing the coalesced or game files? I know that if I delete or rename his character files, he does not show up in the select screen, but it will sometimes cause the game to crash when he loads in the arcade tower. I prefer MK without guest characters if I'm playing single player so I was wondering if that's possible. Thanks if anyone has any experience with this.
Dude, just accept that he's there.
Vrbada
Mortal

Post by Vrbada »

Saibot1 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:53 pm Dude, just accept that he's there.
Read the post above yours. He figured it out and explained how to remove him with coalesced editing. This is a mod website, nobody just "accepts" how the vanilla game is. Don't be dismissive for no reason

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Gameplay Mods”