Ugh... Game won't launch after installing mods via DLC MAN

polyneutron
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Ugh... Game won't launch after installing mods via DLC MAN

Post by polyneutron »

Hey guys! It's really embarassing, but I can't think of anything causing this, so I decided to make a new topic...
As title says when I install any mod using DLC MAN the game just won't start no matter what version I use (I tried 2.1, 2.5, 2.6 -- no luck).

( I tried MK2 ninjas by omnia smirnow &
DTHLongplays's fixed Frost package (originally created by Hanzo-Hasashi, topic DLC Costume Frost MKX (All Versions) 2.1 - /viewtopic.php?f=81&t=46488)
- and still got nothing. )

I also noticed that modified coalesced.ini becomes approx. ~1 KB smaller (odd enough, both coalesced.por and coalesced.spa become smaller by ~1 KB as well).
I just don't know what's wrong with it. Or may be it's my game version that keeps me from getting it working, I dunno. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Viktor @polyneutron

K0BR4
Apprentice

Re: Ugh... Game won't launch after installing mods via DLC M

Post by K0BR4 »

This has happened to me.

In my case it was because of an error in the .ini file of the mod I was doing.

So I always keep a backup of all the original Coalesced files.

What I did to solve my situation:

1 - Remove all mods via DLC Manager
2 - Delete all Coalesced files
3 - Reinstall the game
4 - Back up all Coalesced files (to restore if the problem happens again)
5 - Review the code the .ini file of the last mod installed (to correct possible errors)
6 - Test the game using only 1 mod, the last one that was installed.

If the game does not launch, the problem is in this mod, either in the files that will be added by it or in the .ini file

If the game works, it may be a compatibility problem for mods.
If one mod has a file with the same name as another, or the same entries in the .ini file then these are incompatible.
In this case you must choose one or the other.

I'm sharing the experience I had, hope it helps.
Mortal

Post by polyneutron »

Thx for the quick responce, @K0BR4! Although, I think I've just found a culprit.

I unpacked a vanilla coalesced.ini using @Haoose's MK 9 Coalesced Extractor in just 1 second. Then I tried to unpack a modified one (the one which appears after using DLC MAN). The Extractor program couldn't unpack it, returning me an "Out of memory" error!

So I assume that somehow DLC MAN corrupts my coalesced.ini to the point it can't be read by game thus the game itself simply won't start.
Now that's quite interesting. :D

UPD: As of now, I simply put 'CHAR_SubZero_K' inside the Asset folder, delete the original 'CHAR_SubZero_F' (backed it up, ofc) and rename previously copied 'CHAR_SubZero_K' to 'CHAR_SubZero_F'. The newly added 'DLC skin' is there and can be chosen in game under the name 'MK1' [skin].

In short, there's nothing wrong with mod files themselves, but most likely with output config files either because the DLC MAN effs things up, or for some other reason.
Io_Ivan
Master

Post by Io_Ivan »

That happens to me very often :D just I make backup of the Coalesced.ini files and the Localization files. But then you have to put the ID of the characters or the suit manually so that they appear in the game and modify the files in the Localization folder to put the names or otherwise appear the annoying texts bug_me :P
Hablo español
(I speak spanish)

Uso google traductor para hablar en ingles, perdonen cualquier error de escritura
(I use google translator to speak in English, forgive any typing mistakes)

Mi canal de youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP5Q0U ... 32nledfs9Q
(my youtube channel)

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Skins”