Need help with installing mods

Sohnnyjins
Mortal

Need help with installing mods

Post by Sohnnyjins »

First,hello to all and second i really need help installing mods on mk9.Im new to installing mods on mk9 but not on other games(used to install mods on skyrim,fallout and bunch of other games) but that was on the nexus mod manager however installing mods on mk9 is different.I have no problems adding skins(replacing some skins in the game with the ones from this site)

The problem is with the DLC skins from this site,few days ago i downloaded the installing tool,dlc man or something like that and had no problems installing a dlc skin but then it fucked something up in the coalesced files and the game didnt wanted to start at all,and then i needed to reinstall the game(didnt make backup files from the coalesced files)

Now i found some DLC skins/characters that i would like to add but all of them require a different dlc man version,so which one dlc man tool is the latest and best tool and does it work for all the dlc skins or do i need to have a specific version of the tool(example if someone specifies which version of dlc man you need when uploading a skin)BTW,whenever i try to download the 2.6 version of the tool it always downloads the 2.5 version.Last question,do the tool versions go from 2.1 to above/newer versions or is it the other way around(from 2.6 to 2.1/2.1 being the latest)? Thanks

Sohnnyjins
Mortal

Re: Need help with installing mods

Post by Sohnnyjins »

Another thing just to add is,today i wanted to install the cyber smoke dlc and it said it needs the 2.6 version of the dlc man tool,so i downloaded the 2.6 version added the dlc file toinstall folder,ran the tool as administrator clicked on install and i got an error,error 59 i think,later i saw the dlc man tool was version 2.5 as i already mentioned above for some reason it always downloads the 2.5 version instead of the 2.6
zepterrian
Grand Master
Side: Light

Post by zepterrian »

The dlc man 2.6 beta is the one i posted in the tools section. It is the latest DLCMan version you can find. IIRC it says 2.5 when you open it. I guess the original author of the tool forgot to rename it but 2.6beta is the name he gave it when releasing it. He made an update of the 2.5 version because that one was having some sort of problem i cannot remember.

Yes, bigger numbers means newer versions.

You can use 2.6 beta to install any mods you want. Some of them will specify to use 2.5 and other 2.1 but that is because the DLC manager was evolving at the same time these mods were being created.

If you refer to my cyber smoke mod.. the mod is fine. I suggest you to check you have all of the four localization files. Also make sure you do not have the CHAR_Smoke_B.xxx file modded.
For the raptor race...
Sohnnyjins
Mortal

Post by Sohnnyjins »

zepterrian wrote:The dlc man 2.6 beta is the one i posted in the tools section. It is the latest DLCMan version you can find. IIRC it says 2.5 when you open it. I guess the original author of the tool forgot to rename it but 2.6beta is the name he gave it when releasing it. He made an update of the 2.5 version because that one was having some sort of problem i cannot remember.

Yes, bigger numbers means newer versions.

You can use 2.6 beta to install any mods you want. Some of them will specify to use 2.5 and other 2.1 but that is because the DLC manager was evolving at the same time these mods were being created.

If you refer to my cyber smoke mod.. the mod is fine. I suggest you to check you have all of the four localization files. Also make sure you do not have the CHAR_Smoke_B.xxx file modded.

Fixed it,looks like my game version was wrong or something,i dont know

Edit:It doesnt work,first it worked on a smaller mod(the ps3 buttons mod) but character dlc's dont work,i cant open the game after adding a dlc character and it always changes the coalesced file from 59kb to 58kb after a dlc character installation,any way to fix this?
zepterrian
Grand Master
Side: Light

Post by zepterrian »

It's pretty difficult to determine what's going.
What game version do you have? Did you get a fresh game or just downloaded it with some mods already in it?. If you downloaded a game that was already modded then that could be the problem. A time ago a user ran into the same problem with some mods because he owned a modded game that got from the internet.
I'm afraid there's no much i could do to help. Go to the section where you got cyber-smoke and read the last page. The user PlayerOne had some issue he managed to solve. Perhaps that can help you out.
BTW how many mods did you test? Do they all give you the same problem?.
Last, there are two coalesced.ini files in the tools section. They are fresh files. Try the one that matches your game version.
For the raptor race...

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Skins”