Possibility to add costumes for DLC characters

DTHLongplays
Warrior

Possibility to add costumes for DLC characters

Post by DTHLongplays »

Hi everyone! So previously i had a problem with installing mod made by HowardC and redone by Zepterrian, which is called Ultimate Boss Mod 2.0.1, which allows you to install alternate costumes for DLC characters like Skarlet, Kenshi, Rain and Freddy Krueger (Here: viewtopic.php?f=83&t=46427&start=0&hili ... +DLC+Chars). The problem was in the ladder mode, when after installing this mod, there appeared some unknow portrait of a character, which will crash game when it comes to fight with him. And it happened, because i'm using non steam pirated version of the game, which has ultimate boss mod already installed.

So, after many tries and fails, i made it to work for me, and i decided to share it here, because there are maybe people that encountered the same problem as i.

What i actually did with the mod is, i deleted all lines that adds bosses from ini file, with bosses files, and left only DLC characters files. So after you install this mod, it only reinstalls all DLC characters, so you can add alternate costumes for them, like UMK3 costume for Rain or PS Vita costume for Skarlet, without deleting any bosses or installed playable NPC's.

Other words: if you already have Ultimate Boss Mod installed, but you can't add any alternate costume for DLC characters, then you can install this mod and play without any problems (at least i hope so)

And thanks to this mod, i finally managed to install UMK3 costume for Rain, made by K0BR4 and PS Vita costume for Skarlet without any crashes. So now i can play it without any problems :)

How to install:

1. Copy ini file from Installed folder, which is in archive of this mod, to your Installed folder in DLC Manager.

2. Launch your DLC Manager as administrator and UnInstall OLD CHARS file.

3. Then, copy all files from ToInstall folder to the same folder that is in your DLC Manager and install NEW DLC Chars file via DLC Manager.

That's it! Run your game and see if all DLC characters like Rain, Skarlet, Kenshi and Freddy Krueger are there. And if so, then you can now install any alternate costume for them and play, without any fear of encountering the same problem as i encountered.

Here is that skins you saw on my screenshots below

UMK3 Ninja's with Rain: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=46534
PS Vita Skarlet: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=46437

WARNING!: Install this mod via DLC Manager 2.6. Also, make sure that your Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition has DiscContentPC folder in it, where all the files are located. Cause if it's not, then you will get a RunTime error everytime you try to install this mod.
Attachments
MKKE 2019-02-07 19-17-06-21.png
MKKE 2019-02-07 19-16-45-97.png
MKKE 2019-02-07 19-16-35-64.png
Alt costumes slots for DLC chars.zip
(1.28 MiB) Downloaded 1387 times

chuck5
Mortal
Side: Light

Re: Possibility to add costumes for DLC characters

Post by chuck5 »

Does this mod ONLY add alt costume slots for DLC characters or does it do anything else at all?
DTHLongplays
Warrior

Post by DTHLongplays »

chuck5 wrote:Does this mod ONLY add alt costume slots for DLC characters or does it do anything else at all?
The title of post speaks for itself. Only slots for costumes.
chuck5
Mortal

Post by chuck5 »

DTHLongplays wrote:
chuck5 wrote:Does this mod ONLY add alt costume slots for DLC characters or does it do anything else at all?
The title of post speaks for itself. Only slots for costumes.
Just making sure.

Isn't there already a mod that does this, besides the Boss mod?
DTHLongplays
Warrior

Post by DTHLongplays »

There is, but that mod does not work for me properly. Also i said about it in my post.
chuck5
Mortal

Post by chuck5 »

DTHLongplays wrote:
There is, but that mod does not work for me properly. Also i said about it in my post.
Sorry I meant to ask whether there was already a mod that does exactly what this one does?
chuck5
Mortal

Post by chuck5 »

Noob Saibot is labelled "BUG_ME". No other issues found so far!
MrBerza Corleone
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Post by MrBerza Corleone »

I followed all the steps and now the dlc characters names is Bug_me, what can i do?

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Skins”