I need a favor

AlterL
Grand Master

I need a favor

Post by AlterL »

good day to anyone reading, if you're reading this you're probably familiar with at least some of my mods, I've made my best efforts to provide the best possible MK9 mods that I can make but I want to get better, now to my request, I need to learn how to replace sounds inside of MK9 CHARS, like someone did with the Blaze and Symbiote mods on this very forum. If anyone provides me with a way to archive this I'll upload some mods including UMK3 Subz and Scorpion, Chun Li and Morrigan (Updated) Updated Hanzo, Subzero and Human Reptile, (with working mouth this time) Fujin, Tanya MKX&MK4 and I'll even make a special mod for anyone that can teach me how to do this.

Kamidogu
Apprentice

Re: I need a favor

Post by Kamidogu »

Hey AlterL! What exactly are you trying to do? Are you just looking to make custom VO that announce the character? If so, have you checked out oubgrdevvbuyn's tools + VO Maker because that should generally be enough to get the job done.

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6529

However, if what you want to do is add specific sound effects into the character package, mod the main menu, add new stage music, etc.

That's a little more complicated.. It's been awhile (years) but IIRC part of the issue is that when injecting the .fsb's they must be exactly the same size OR smaller otherwise you can't re-inject them. It's not so bad when you are doing one large individual .fsb that contains multiple sounds, but when it's small tiny SFX's (like hit/attack sounds) that's when it becomes a PITA to swap and re-inject.

Anyways I am rusty when it comes to all of this so hopefully someone else can chime in, but regardless we can try figuring out whatever you need to do.
AlterL
Grand Master

Post by AlterL »

Kamidogu wrote:Hey AlterL! What exactly are you trying to do? Are you just looking to make custom VO that announce the character? If so, have you checked out oubgrdevvbuyn's tools + VO Maker because that should generally be enough to get the job done.

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6529

However, if what you want to do is add specific sound effects into the character package, mod the main menu, add new stage music, etc.

That's a little more complicated.. It's been awhile (years) but IIRC part of the issue is that when injecting the .fsb's they must be exactly the same size OR smaller otherwise you can't re-inject them. It's not so bad when you are doing one large individual .fsb that contains multiple sounds, but when it's small tiny SFX's (like hit/attack sounds) that's when it becomes a PITA to swap and re-inject.

Anyways I am rusty when it comes to all of this so hopefully someone else can chime in, but regardless we can try figuring out whatever you need to do.
Sadly I need the later one. I did a Tanya mod and is truly great, but I can't stand having the voice say "Jade wins" every time I play Tanya. I've already managed to make the SND_VO_Announcer_Ta.xxx file
Kamidogu
Apprentice

Post by Kamidogu »

That shouldn't be too bad, toughest part is modding individual sounds (hit sfx). So think we can def figure it out!

I noticed the upload Unclefestor put of oub's tools doesn't have the tutorial (oub wrote) that I used. So went ahead and I've uploaded the pack that I got straight from Oub himself back when he was active modding the PS3 version of the game.

I'll also try to set up the tools (because I'm now using W10) and try to follow along to help you out.

Hang tight Alter, we'll try to figure this out! 8)
evilghost
Mortal

Post by evilghost »

if you want to make the voice "jade wins" silence, send me the file and i will do it
AlterL
Grand Master

Post by AlterL »

Kamidogu wrote:That shouldn't be too bad, toughest part is modding individual sounds (hit sfx). So think we can def figure it out!

I noticed the upload Unclefestor put of oub's tools doesn't have the tutorial (oub wrote) that I used. So went ahead and I've uploaded the pack that I got straight from Oub himself back when he was active modding the PS3 version of the game.

I'll also try to set up the tools (because I'm now using W10) and try to follow along to help you out.

Hang tight Alter, we'll try to figure this out! 8)
Thanks for the help, I haven't figured anything out just yet, but I'll still upload a few mods these days.
rankelord
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Post by rankelord »

Hey man! Great work you've benn don sofar, talking bout favors, is that possible to make tailless alien on baraka on mk9? or with tail without animation? thanks!

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Skins”