DLC Vita Skarlet [All Game Versions]

zepterrian
Grand Master
Side: Light

Re: DLC Vita Skarlet [All Versions]

Post by zepterrian »

yeah you're right, the mod adds and not replace. i was talking about the coalesced files. and yeah i honestly have to give you credit for doubting about the boss mod cause i would think exactly the same.. but thing is that i have it from months ago and i've been using it and never gave me problems, also no one told me of an issue it could be causing except for you but the problem with you is that you have a modded game (who knows the method they used to do it) so the situation turns out to be like trying to unwind a ball of wool that is all messed up to see where the real problem is.
Cause, there is maybe something left from old npc playable characters, that was installed in my game, and game thinks that those old characters are still in there, and thats the reason of that BUG_ME window.
completely agree. that's the question i've been asking myself and the reason why i can't conclude the boss mod is bad. replacing coalesceds should delete all the old entries so the game doesn't see the old installed files. something must be slipping away
my last bullet is the mod made by howardc i linked.. and if for some reason it doesn't work then i'm afraid this will be the end of the way for me, i'm out of ideas. i would have told you about that mod in first place but i remembered it just yesterday, it's a very old mod so i completely forgot about its existence so i hope it helps this time

For the raptor race...
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

oh there it is. i managed to duplicate your problem. it emerges when you replace the unaltered coalesced files while having some mod's files yet inside the asset folder. in some way reptile gets affected and the game crashes when you select him for ladder. and also an empty box in ladder mode appears with "BUG_ME" as name in the place where i think reptile should be. but everything is alright when you take out any unofficial file from asset folder and then introduce the unaltered coalesceds. So restore your game as it was after installing and just use HowardC's mod. forget the boss mod and the coalesced files i sent. i bet this time it will work.
For the raptor race...
DTHLongplays
Warrior

Post by DTHLongplays »

zepterrian wrote:oh there it is. i managed to duplicate your problem. it emerges when you replace the unaltered coalesced files while having some mod's files yet inside the asset folder. in some way reptile gets affected and the game crashes when you select him for ladder. and also an empty box in ladder mode appears with "BUG_ME" as name in the place where i think reptile should be. but everything is alright when you take out any unofficial file from asset folder and then introduce the unaltered coalesceds. So restore your game as it was after installing and just use HowardC's mod. forget the boss mod and the coalesced files i sent. i bet this time it will work.
So, what do i have to do exactly? Step by step. Delete something or what?
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

you need to leave the game as if it was recently installed. no boss mod 2.0.1 and no unaltered coalesced files. install HowardC's mod and take the last skarlet package and paste it in asset folder replacing.
For the raptor race...
DTHLongplays
Warrior

Post by DTHLongplays »

zepterrian wrote:you need to leave the game as if it was recently installed. no boss mod 2.0.1 and no unaltered coalesced files. install HowardC's mod and take the last skarlet package and paste it in asset folder replacing.
Ok. I already downloaded HowardC's mod, and i will try it out. I hope that this time there will be no problems with all this, cause i tired of this problems with mods.
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

i don't blame you. and it's even more tiring when you have to think about a solution. let me know the results
For the raptor race...
DTHLongplays
Warrior

Post by DTHLongplays »

zepterrian wrote:i don't blame you. and it's even more tiring when you have to think about a solution. let me know the results
Now it's working right! I did everything as you said, and it works now. No more empty BUG_ME window, no more Runtime Error, NOTHING! Finally i can play some mods, and FINALLY i can play as that Skarlet from PS Vita. Thank you man for all your help. Without you, i don't know what i will do.
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

no problem. anytime
For the raptor race...
DTHLongplays
Warrior

Post by DTHLongplays »

zepterrian wrote:no problem. anytime
Yeah. And i was about to ask you about Frost skin mod. Description for that mod says that, it adds as another costume for Sub-Zero, but after i install it, and trying to select it, then at the end of loading training mode, or any fight in ladder mode, game crashes with runtime error. Can you, maybe, tell me, how can i make it work? Cause, i want that Frost really bad, but she is... not working :lol:
zepterrian
Grand Master

Post by zepterrian »

i think i know the reason but we'd better talk via pm so we don't spam this forum
For the raptor race...
DTHLongplays
Warrior

Post by DTHLongplays »

zepterrian wrote:i think i know the reason but we'd better talk via pm so we don't spam this forum
Oh man.. i'm so tired of this.. this.. game problems with mods! Now after installing that DLC chars mod from HowardC, normal Skarlet's costume doesn't want to work. I wasn't expecting that! After i install that mod, and tried to select simple Skarlet's costume, then the game crashes AGAIN with that stupid Runtime Error while loading! I'm so pissed of right now, cause i thought that everything now is working great, and it was working, and then this happens. I thinks you should help me with all of this stuff... again. And when this is gonna end.. :? :cry:

Edit: That mod by HowardC does something to my original coalesced file, because, when i replaced back the original file, then Skarlet began to work fine, but i was have to delete his mod. So, i think that it messes up original files somehow, or maybe it needs original coalesced file, cause my coalesced file has russian translation, do to my country, where we all understands russian language. So, thats maybe the case, or not, i don't know. I'm confused right now.
evilghost
Mortal

Post by evilghost »

DTHLongplays wrote:
zepterrian wrote:no problem. anytime
Yeah. And i was about to ask you about Frost skin mod. Description for that mod says that, it adds as another costume for Sub-Zero, but after i install it, and trying to select it, then at the end of loading training mode, or any fight in ladder mode, game crashes with runtime error. Can you, maybe, tell me, how can i make it work? Cause, i want that Frost really bad, but she is... not working :lol:
if the mod crash in loading screen that because the mod you are using is old and only works for old mortal kombat version. and you probably having mortal kombat 1.07(latest version)
DTHLongplays
Warrior

Post by DTHLongplays »

if the mod crash in loading screen that because the mod you are using is old and only works for old mortal kombat version. and you probably having mortal kombat 1.07(latest version)
No, there is another problem, but i'll just skip all that, cause i'm tired to finding solution for all those problems with mods.
Io_Ivan
Master
Side: Darkness

Post by Io_Ivan »

Since installing the UMK3.3, it appears to me bug_me in arcade mode, can anyone help me?. Thank you
Hablo español
(I speak spanish)

Uso google traductor para hablar en ingles, perdonen cualquier error de escritura
(I use google translator to speak in English, forgive any typing mistakes)

Mi canal de youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP5Q0U ... 32nledfs9Q
(my youtube channel)
DTHLongplays
Warrior

Post by DTHLongplays »

Io_Ivan wrote:Since installing the UMK3.3, it appears to me bug_me in arcade mode, can anyone help me?. Thank you
I know your problem, cause i having the same problem too. If you was already had some boss mod installed before, with playable hidden NPC characters like Classic Reptile, Classic Jade, Classic Noob Saibot and Classic smoke, then thats the case why that BUG_ME window is poping out. And, i think that the only solution to this problem, is to download clean version of MK9, without any mods in it, and install Ultimate Boss 3.3 mod, and then this PS Vita Skarlet, if you want to.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 9 PC Skins”