Gamezone TGS 07 News Tekken 6

Mortal Kombat Master 777
Immortal

Gamezone TGS 07 News Tekken 6

Post by Mortal Kombat Master 777 »

The King of Iron Fist Tournament 6 at TGS07

Hey guys Andre' here. TGS 07 is really the best video game players hangout. I mean we have fans of Metal Gear Solid 4 shouting out Snake's name and so much more. But this preview ain't about anything else. It's about Namco's new Tekken game, Tekken 6.

First of all I gotta say everything looks amazing! The level designs, the character models and interactivity with levels is beyond any Tekken fan could ever dream of. From what I've heard there will be more than 40 characters in Tekken 6. There are 4 new fighters in the game:

Leo- A girl who has lost her mother and wants vengeance on Kazuya for the murder

Zafina- An Indian women who wants to prevent a symbol that symbolizes Kazuya & Jin's war.

Miguel- A Spanish who wants revenge on the Mishima Zaibatsu for the murder of his sister

Bob- A overweight martial artist who is known to be the "genius" of fighting.

I've heard that the game will support an all new Medal system whereby you defeat your opponent in a Live Rank match and you get medals. Medals are basically similar to Virtua Fighter 5 but it will give players the opportunity to download the medals to their phone in Japan only.

The game has a new "bounce" system so when you finish off a juggle your opponent would bounce on the floor. The bounce animations were looking better in Tekken 6 than Virtua Fighter 5.

The new "RAGE" system is officialy for Tekken 6! KOF and Street Fighter players should know what the rage mode is all about. When your opponent/or your health is low the health gauge would blink red inidacting that damage taken would be more severe, The fighters also have a red glow around them meaning they are about to be defeated.

Tekken 6 also features the new "item move" system. For example if you pick Law and you costomize him with a nun chuck he can use the nunchuck as an attack.

The arcade cabnet of Tekken 6 is much bigger than VF5's cabinet. The screen is in ratio 16:9 and supports 720p. (Namco announced 1080p for PS3) The arcade machine also has ID card slots. Card loads would play better in T6.

Overall Tekken 6 is a great fighting game for next gen arcade fighting and console gaming. It is expected to be released in Japan in December. The PS3 title will be released in April of 2008.

Stay tuned for more previews soon...

Sub-Zero
God
Side: Darkness
XBox Live: Korig

Re: Gamezone TGS 07 News Tekken 6

Post by Sub-Zero »

Is it coming out for 360?
Mortal Kombat Master 777
Immortal

For now its just arcades and PS3s.

GZ had a mini interview with Wayne Shiu regarding Tekken 5 Online & some little info on Tekken 6.

Hey guys we are here at TGS 07 talking with Wayne Shiu who is the prodct manager at Namco America working on Tekken Dark Resurrection Online for the PlayStation Network Exclusive.

GZ: Wayne can you tell us about what Tekken Online is and how will it be played?
WS: Tekken has been one of the most greatest fighting games in history. We are really excited to bring the arcade experience onto the PS3s and we are happy that its finally online. It will be played by a few modes like Opti Matches where you can search rooms that have the same rank as you or Quick Games where you can serach for a really quick match.
GZ: Will you be able to create your own rooms and have your own set of rules? Like how you want the game to be played etc?
WS: Yes. Players can adjust the time limit, number of rounds, what kinda rank do you want to show, etc. It's like creating your own Tekken match. Which is fun.
GZ: Would it be possible to play online battles internationally?
WS: Yes it is possible. If you have purchased the Japanese versions and if you see American players or European players that means of course the game is played internationally.
GZ: How is the lag in Dark Resurrection Online?
WS: Lag is pretty good. It depends if you have a good connection. Wired connection plays very well. I wouldnt recommed fighting players far from your current country as the lags would be quite bad. But still playable.
GZ: How many fps will Tekken Online run during online battles?
WS: Full 60fps. We have worked really hard on some online dificulties for the PS3. So this is the best we could do.
GZ: Earlier this year Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection was released in Europe. Any chance we might be seeing Online soon?
WS: The American, Asian and Japanese versions have been out for quite some time. For European players, dont fear. Its coming very soon.
GZ: Now we've played a few awesome matches with Tekken 6. Can you share with us any news on the next title either for the PS3 or arcade?
WS: Im sorry to say that the European versions of Tekken 6 wont be out till Summer of 2008, which is a few months after the home version is out. Well from what I've heard from Namco Japan, is that they are including Online Battle for Tekken 6. You could expect additional modes for the console versions. Um other than that there are 4 new fighters. 3 more are yet to be revealed. I'm really excited of how Tekken 6 is really showing up.
GZ: It seems this will have the largest character line up since Tekken Tag. Will be see our old time favourites like Michelle, Kunimistu, Alex etc?
WS: Well you know we still have time to talk about it but our main focus is to see how well the game is played, the graphics engine and the new ID card features.
GZ: One last thing before we end this interveiw, is there anything else you will like to say to the fans out there?
WS: Just be on the look out for new Tekken 5 or Tekken 6 news. We will always keep you updated. And we like to thank all the fans out there supporting this major project.
GZ: Thanks for your time.
Sub-Zero
God

Post by Sub-Zero »

Idiots for not releasing it for the 360. I just wanna play as King again.
Mortal Kombat Master 777
Immortal

King has a 3rd costume. It's like his primary outfit but except its white and green pants.
Squall_1st
Master

Post by Squall_1st »

No tekken, and no MGS4 for X-Box 360.
FF13 will not be realesed for X-box too. :D
Point of having x-box is stupid already.
The greatest games not avaible for X-box 360.

What esle i've got?
1-2 shooters that i can play with the bad joystick of the box, or some stupid racing game ( race0game0hater )
Dead Rising is cool. ^_^

New Ninja Gaiden for PS3 this time.

gl
Sub-Zero
God

Post by Sub-Zero »

Those games don't appeal to me or the usual Xbox fan, I thought I liked MGS1 but it turned out I was playing Siphon Filter. I own 22 games for the 360 and all but 1 [Overlord] I think are great.
Squall_1st
Master

Post by Squall_1st »

I don't care for x-box fans. I have the consoles. So it's not a problem for me to try all that i want.. and still i prefer PS3. ;]
Playing shooter on joystick is suicidal.
Sub-Zero
God

Post by Sub-Zero »

I haven't met one pc gamer in shadowrun that was good.
Mortal Kombat Master 777
Immortal

More Tekken the better!

News- Monday 29th October

We dropped by at Namco Europe to see a finalized version of Tekken's latest version Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection with the all new online patch. Thanks to Mark Huges, we were able to play some matches and ask him questions regarding Online and the new title, Tekken 6.

GZ: Tekken is one of the most best selling fighting games out there and its always better to bring online worlds to fighting titles. Why did you guys decide to make Tekken Online?
MH: Tekken is played worldwide and its a fan favourite because of gameplay and the uniqueness of diffrent fighters. All balanced and frames do a good job. We want Playstation 3 gamers to experience arcades at their own home by adding online mode, it enables the experience.
GZ: How many fighters are in this latest version?
M: Its the same fighters from the original except we have 3 new fighters. Lili, Dragunov & Armour King. You get to play as the final boss Jinpachi which is included.
GZ: Now theres a rumor that players will be able to chat with headphones. Is this true?
M: Yes indeed.
GZ: Now I've heard that you guys(Namco) will be releasing Tekken 6 in the arcades in Japan. When will we see the arcade version or home versions here in Europe?
M: Bandai Namco Japan havent stated their announcement wether or not they want to release the arcade versions here. the home versions will be no doubt.
GZ: One of our staff who are great Tekken players will be showing up in Japan to play Tekken 6 once its out. When is it out?
M: Mid November as I've heard.
GZ: Before we end this interview what would you like to say to the players out there?
M: We are happy to finally bring Online to Tekken. It's like a new born baby. So we hope you enjoy the game.
Mortal Kombat Master 777
Immortal

Gamezone Tekken 6 in Hong Kong!

Samm goes to Hong Kong to play the latest arcade games in the Hong Kong Games Convention 2007. Luckily enough, as a Tekken fan and Virtua Fighter fan he checks out both games. To read about VF5 go to the next page...

Tekken 6 preview= Looking good

Tekken 6 is the latest chapter of the Tekken series. It has the greatest number of characters in the series and posses new features like interactivity with levels and all fighters now have more than 3 costumes!

In the recent trailer I saw, Tekken 6 uses te Ocatvine or Octave Engine, that simulates water and other visual effects that make physics in the game realistic and better yet..badass!

The games storyline as I've seen in the intro is based in war where Jin wins Tekken 5 and now he wants to take control of the world!

Item moves are in use if the character has a weapon on his/her back. Some can even possess chickens like Bruce! Some can wield swords, while others take a pistol and start blastin'!

Tekken 6 is out for arcades in Asia on the 26th of November. Playstation gamers never fear, it's coming very soon. Most likely 2008.
Scorpion Killer
Mortal

Post by Scorpion Killer »

I haven't touched a Tekken game for a long long time, but I thought Tekken Tag Tournament was a Tekken fan's dream come true at the time. It was just immensely fun to play with a friend, and every other Tekken that has arrived after it just wasn't particularly impressive to me.
Mortal Kombat Master 777
Immortal

Tekken 6 makes its release in the states of this year!- Gamezone Hot News

According to our sources, Tekken 6 will be released in arcades 26th November 2007 in Japan. But for American players will be a joyous day as Tekken 6 will hit local American arcades a little later than Japan's initial release.

A development test of Tekken 6 will be shown at the IAAPA(International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions) from November 14th till the end of the week. The arcade cabinets do look identical to the Japanese arcades with the exception of the Tekken Net features built in the Japanese arcades.

Tekken 6 runs full 720p on HD sets. However it will not support JAMMA signals as resolution lags may occur which Namco doesnt want to have.

Tekken 6's arcade is officialy powered by the PS3's cell power and it's arcade joystick are now using USB functions. Everything has been controlled through USB which makes the whole function work even better than before.

Though the Octavine Engine isnt released till this December, Bandai Namco says that the consoles visuals would be slightly better after Octavine's release.

Tekken 6 is ready for launch next week in Japan. As for the US, we may say December 2007.

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”