Sega Dreamcast Emulator

Mortal Kombat Master 777
Immortal

Sega Dreamcast Emulator

Post by Mortal Kombat Master 777 »

Hey I'm gonna download it but can it play copied games?

Alucard
Grand Master

Re: Sega Dreamcast Emulator

Post by Alucard »

.... yep.... you just need to mount the game of course. At least i am downloading a lot of dc's games.
florentin
Warrior

Post by florentin »

Hey guys, there's a new Dreamcast emulator out called <a href='http://www.aep-emu.de/emus20.html?newlang=eng' target='_blank'>NullDC</a> .It's already at the first release better than Chankast , and more good things are coming like netplay and improved graphics . It runs Mk Gold quite perfect ,even on slow computers ~ 1.4 ghz .
ded
God

Post by ded »

For some reason that emu runs very slowly mkg on my pc on some arenas, any help florentin? :rolleyes:

i have athlond 1.8+, 256ddr 333, 64 video lol
LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

<span style='color:crimson'>I am in the same situation here.

And good to see ya around,florentin.</span>
Ravonite
God

Post by Ravonite »

i think i might stick to chankast. i own all the dc games legit and the only game i need for it is "evolution" its such a good rpg.

if anyone knows a link. i looked fort it but it was a2 part fille which i cant be bothered with. if it is i like them as : .rar.001 etc
but i can use my own dreamcast if i can find the controller.
florentin
Warrior

Post by florentin »

First make sure you use the NullPVR video plugin .If that 64 MB video card of yours doesn't support pixel shader you can't use this plugin so that's why it's slow . Then there's the sound issues .With Chankast AICA it will be fast but with some sound errors and no voices .With Null AICA will work ok but only if you find the right buffer size . I use 1024 but it can be different depending on the pc.
Need i say don't have anything running in the background when running the emu ? It always wants 100% of your CPU , ram and vga don't matter so much .
I get 40-50 fps on a Duron 1400 Mhz,256 ram, radeon 64 mb with pixel shader.
---------------------------------------
Here's a <a href='http://forums.ngemu.com/nulldc-forum/87 ... ght=wizard' target='_blank'>little app</a> to help you configure NullDC cause this first release has bugs when modifying the cfg file through the emulator.
LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

<span style='color:crimson'> Hmmm,Intriguing,i'll try and check it out. If i experience any bugs i'll PM/Report to you. :) </span>

Return to “Off Topic Discussion”