Getting MKAK now from Steam?

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Getting MKAK now from Steam?

Post by Roy Arkon »

Hi, I'm new here and I got a question regarding MK: Arcade Kollection.

I've been a fan of MK since MK2 and I've played pretty much every game since, but I've started to get into a more serious play only like a year and half ago with MK9, and I want to try the classic games that are good for serious play with some online matches. So my question is: Is it worth it to buy MKAK now? And if it is, should I buy it from Steam (I don't own a 360 and while I do have a PS3, I've already bought the PS4 version of MKX and I'm not sure if I will keep my PS3 when I get both MKX and PS4, so I want to buy it for the PC if I can get enough matches online there)?

Thanks for everyone in advance.

No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
rocksoldier1990
Mortal
XBox Live: Axel Ridd

Re: Getting MKAK now from Steam?

Post by rocksoldier1990 »

Hi friend. I have MK:AK on my 360 and on my PC (from steam) I will tell you what I know for the PC version because you don't have Xbox 360.
There is a problem with the game. The problem is that Windows 8.1 users have problem with the plugin of the game. I am talking about Games For Windows Live. I guess you know this plugin. This plugin doesn't work easy on Windows 8.1 PCs. I open a topic a few days ago to tell the problem here but I fixed it with a guide. So this sold my problem. (If you have Windows 7 you won't have any problems with that) The next problem is that not many people play the game online. There are many Mame out there and lot of people download the game for free and play it. But if you download the game on steam of you find an opponent he will add you to play more games! So the problem with the game is that they haven't move out to steamworks and lots of people report that. I don't play that much online because of the problem I mention earlier. But I enjoy it also offline. It is a classic game and classic is classic. So if you wanna download it not only for the online gaming it is a good choice. If you download it I will be happy to play with you. That's my advices for the game!
rocksoldier1990
Mortal

I opened and problem solved I meant... I am typing with my smartphone so sorry for bad English!
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

rocksoldier1990 wrote:Hi friend. I have MK:AK on my 360 and on my PC (from steam) I will tell you what I know for the PC version because you don't have Xbox 360.
There is a problem with the game. The problem is that Windows 8.1 users have problem with the plugin of the game. I am talking about Games For Windows Live. I guess you know this plugin. This plugin doesn't work easy on Windows 8.1 PCs. I open a topic a few days ago to tell the problem here but I fixed it with a guide. So this sold my problem. (If you have Windows 7 you won't have any problems with that) The next problem is that not many people play the game online. There are many Mame out there and lot of people download the game for free and play it. But if you download the game on steam of you find an opponent he will add you to play more games! So the problem with the game is that they haven't move out to steamworks and lots of people report that. I don't play that much online because of the problem I mention earlier. But I enjoy it also offline. It is a classic game and classic is classic. So if you wanna download it not only for the online gaming it is a good choice. If you download it I will be happy to play with you. That's my advices for the game!
I have Windows 7 Home Premium, not Windows 8 or 8.1, does the game work fine in Windows 7?
rocksoldier1990
Mortal

Yes it works.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

rocksoldier1990 wrote:Yes it works.
And people still play online in the PC version?
rocksoldier1990
Mortal

Roy Arkon wrote:
As i told you before because i like to be honest with others, not much people play this game online. Unless you add some friends to play together on steam. Me for example i have add some people and play with them
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

rocksoldier1990 wrote:
Roy Arkon wrote:
As i told you before because i like to be honest with others, not much people play this game online. Unless you add some friends to play together on steam. Me for example i have add some people and play with them
Ok thank you.

Return to “Mortal Kombat: Arcade Kollection”