Mortal Kombat Arcade Collection on Windows 8.1

rocksoldier1990
Mortal
XBox Live: Axel Ridd

Mortal Kombat Arcade Collection on Windows 8.1

Post by rocksoldier1990 »

Hi all! I have a steam account with MKAK. I bought the game one year and a half ago. I played it for half a year and then i did a format on my laptop. I upgrade my system from windows 7 to 8.1 and as you know GFWL died last year and i can't play on 8.1. My questions are:

1) The game still works on Windows 7? If yes you can play also online on steam?

2) I read that there are many people out there that they can't play the game with Windows 8.1 I sent some tweets to Ed Boon to do something with the game but i guess he didn't even see my tweets :P Does anyone here play on Windows 8.1? Is there a solution to play the game?

P.S Lot's of people on steam vote for the game to change from GFWL to steamplay! I like that there are still people out there that love the classic MK games!

Any respond would be appreciated

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: Mortal Kombat Arcade Collection on Windows 8.1

Post by Gambid »

I haven't started the game for ages on my laptop but I will test it tonight and let you know. I have Windows 7.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
rocksoldier1990
Mortal
XBox Live: Axel Ridd

Post by rocksoldier1990 »

Gambid wrote:I haven't started the game for ages on my laptop but I will test it tonight and let you know. I have Windows 7.
Thank you Gambid but i fixed the issue. For those who want to learn how i did it i will tell you (for Windows 8.1 users)

1) Uninstall GFWL and GFWL Marketplace
2) Reboot your computer (don't skip that)
3) Download GFWL client http://www.xbox.com/el-GR/LIVE/PC/DownloadClient
4) Right click on the installer and select properties and choose compatibility for Windows 7. Apply settings and choose ok
5) Right click on the installer and select 'run as administrator'
6) Install and select ok for the updates
7) Then run the game and it should work :D

P.S) If you do all these steps and the game still not work maybe the troubleshooter will help you. When the troubleshooter run it will ask you on witch version of Windows the program used to work. Select Windows 7 and then try again.

Hope i help you all guys with that. Thanks to steam forums :D
urbanman2004
Mortal
XBox Live: urbanman2004

Post by urbanman2004 »

rocksoldier1990 wrote:
Gambid wrote:I haven't started the game for ages on my laptop but I will test it tonight and let you know. I have Windows 7.
Thank you Gambid but i fixed the issue. For those who want to learn how i did it i will tell you (for Windows 8.1 users)

1) Uninstall GFWL and GFWL Marketplace
2) Reboot your computer (don't skip that)
3) Download GFWL client http://www.xbox.com/el-GR/LIVE/PC/DownloadClient
4) Right click on the installer and select properties and choose compatibility for Windows 7. Apply settings and choose ok
5) Right click on the installer and select 'run as administrator'
6) Install and select ok for the updates
7) Then run the game and it should work :D

P.S) If you do all these steps and the game still not work maybe the troubleshooter will help you. When the troubleshooter run it will ask you on witch version of Windows the program used to work. Select Windows 7 and then try again.

Hope i help you all guys with that. Thanks to steam forums :D
Your suggestion to change the compatibility mode to Windows 7 helped me solve this problem. Thanks

Return to “Mortal Kombat: Arcade Kollection”