Classic MK3 Sub Zero Mod for MK:DA

wiggo
Mortal

Classic MK3 Sub Zero Mod for MK:DA

Post by wiggo »

Since there is no category for other MK games modding I'll post it here.

As you probably remember my MK4 mods for N64 I recently discovered that Gamecube/Wii emulator Dolphin is also capable of loading custom high-resolution (hi-res) textures. With the release of Dolphin v3.0 emulation of MK games improved (especially Deadly Alliance as it seems playable). I've noticed that info of emulation is quite outdated so I'll post my results and my rig specs on other topic so you could update it.

I gave a try on making MK3 Sub Zero mod (costume - call it whatever you like) over the original MK:DA Sub Zero. So the outcome is for your judgment:

Instructions:
1. Download Dolphin emulator*: http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/downloa ... =32&os=win
2. Place mod files to *your emulator directory*/User/Load/Textures/GMKD5D
3. Run emulator, go "Options -> Graphic Settings -> Advanced", tick "Load Custom Textures" and close.
4. Run your game through "File -> Open" and select your game's image**.

*You must use only fresh Doplhin v3.0 version (provided by link) and NO later builds in order to make the mod work properly.
**The mod was made using European/German game version so it might be incompatible with other game versions like US.
Attachments
25513180.png
17628547.png
MK3 Sub Zero for MK-DA.rar
(5.91 MiB) Downloaded 75 times

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: Classic MK3 Sub Zero Mod for MK:DA

Post by Gambid »

Hi man, that's a great mod. Do you plan to do more. BTW you can attach both the images and the file to our board, so that they don't expire. Would you please do it.

I can create a forum for modding Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance if we need one. So if you plan to do more or if you want to explain exactly how a person can do this, just let me know and I will create the forum and move this topic there. Just let me know.

And once again great job. You can try make custom skins for other fighters as well. May be even for the entire game.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
wiggo
Mortal

Post by wiggo »

Thanks for response. I'm not sure if I make any more DA mods since models are pretty detailed and texture mapping is quite complicated but I might when I somehow unlock alternate costumes and characters (I'm too lazy to play through the game).

Section dedicated to DA is not necessary. Let's see if people get interested in this. Section like "Other Mortal Kombat Games Modding" would be more appropriate as you can mod Deception the same way (but it runs slower on my rig so that's why I haven't made a mod yet).

And I would gladly make step-by-step tutorial on how to dump original textures and how to load edited ones.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

If you write the tutorial it will be great.
I Rule This World!

Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

I uploaded everything, now you shouldn't worry that the uploaded file will expire :)
I Rule This World!

Return to “Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance|Deception|Armageddon Modding”