Register    Login    Search   View active topics    FAQ

Post subject: Project Suggestion: Hack Genesis MKs to be closer to Arcade.
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:12 pm 
Mortal

Hello. This is my first post on this forum.

I saw this ROM hack for the Genesis version of UMK3 which attempts to bring it closer to the arcade version while merging it with MK3 Arcade material:
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,14382.0.html

Then I saw how you guys love to make MK ROM Hacks yourselves as well as mod the PC versions of the MK games.

Now don't get me wrong, I fully understand and agree that the Arcade versions of MK are the best versions out there, and I'd rather play those versions on MAME (and FBA in the future) any day over any of the console ports.

But here's the thing: I play MK1, MK2, and UMK3 EVERYWHERE, on EVERYTHING. Even on flash drives and on phones. Obviously many handheld devices out there can't run the Arcade versions of MK (and those that can will most likely have major issues doing so), so in situations like this, I have no choice but to resort to the Genesis and SNES versions of the MK games.

I don't see this as an absolute requirement that I'm forcing you guys to make for myself (It will NOT be just for me FYI), but here's my suggestion for a fun little project:

With your group of talented ROM hackers and PC modders, _ded's extremely valuable knowledge of the Arcade versions' inner workings, and that ROM hack I posted above as reference, do you think you could hack the Genesis ROMs of MK1, MK2, UMK3, and maybe MK3, so that they're as close to the Arcade ROMs as possible?

Profile E-mail