MK3 is NOT a prequel

LordScorpion
God

Re: MK3 is NOT a prequel

Post by LordScorpion »

So far whatever he heard are all Rumors.Nothing Else.Until,probably,when the movie releases.

lin kuei prodigy
God

Post by lin kuei prodigy »

MK Devastation will fail.
SWEET!!! WE GOT TO STICK TOGETHER!!! SWEET!!!
LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

After waiting for Almost 10 years,if that happens,then it wouldn't be good for either any MK Movie Fan,or for Threshold.
wesborland
Apprentice

Post by wesborland »

lin kuei prodigy wrote:MK Devastation will fail.
Bear in mind that New Line Cinema was the one and only reason the second movie flopped, and they are no longer involved with Mortal Kombat, so this movie still has a chance.
lin kuei prodigy
God

Post by lin kuei prodigy »

wesborland wrote:
Bear in mind that New Line Cinema was the one and only reason the second movie flopped, and they are no longer involved with Mortal Kombat, so this movie still has a chance.
You are so clueless noob. no off. Let me remind you this fact.
MK1 movie was the greatest mk movie & it is from new line cinema... Dou you think dimension films, constantin filsm, paramount pictures, United Artist movies, Tri Star movies, Columbia Pictures, Warner Brothers films, 20th Century movie would make it great.. dude it is all about how it is directed, produced & how it is done & also the actors effort too.

Director, producters are mostly responsible from the movie's success or failure.
SWEET!!! WE GOT TO STICK TOGETHER!!! SWEET!!!
shotokan
Immortal

Post by shotokan »

That's true. The actors only do what they're told, which lines to read from. They just do the best they can. I'm starting to have doubts, but will keep it fair. I'm just gonna be in the middle for now.
LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

lin kuei prodigy wrote:
wesborland wrote:
You are so clueless noob. no off. Let me remind you this fact.
MK1 movie was the greatest mk movie & it is from new line cinema... Dou you think dimension films, constantin filsm, paramount pictures, United Artist movies, Tri Star movies, Columbia Pictures, Warner Brothers films, 20th Century movie would make it great.. dude it is all about how it is directed, produced & how it is done & also the actors effort too.

Director, producters are mostly responsible from the movie's success or failure.
I get what you mean.The Company which directs\produces\hosts\films\distributes and .,etc,aren't very important.The Only thing that matters is >the Storyline.Not even the Graphics or such.
shotokan
Immortal

Post by shotokan »

That's true. That's what catches people's attention. Like Snakes on a plane..not catchy. Off topic I know, it was an example. But yep good speach Lin Kuei Prodigy.
wesborland
Apprentice

Post by wesborland »

Nope, New Line Cinema was the one and only reason MKA flopped, allow me to explain:

Back in 1991/1992 when Larry Kasanoff was working on Terminator 2, he was involved in meetings with Midway on creating T2 videogames. While there, he looked into their game library to see if they had any titles that could make good movies. They just so happened to be finishing up on their latest game, Mortal Kombat. Larry loved the premise of the game and knew it could be a great film, so he bought the movie rights to the franchise. He then started his own company, Threshold Entertainment, and MK was their first project. New Line Cinema signed on to distribute the film, but had no real knowledge of the goldmine they were sitting on. So, they allowed Larry and Paul Anderson to do whatever they wanted. MK became a huge success, and the execs at New Line realized the potential the series had. Thus, they quickly put the sequel into motion.

This time, however, they forced Larry and John Leonetti to follow specific directions when making MKA. The crew at Threshold has said time and time again that MKA was not the movie they tried to make, it was the movie New Line forced them to make. After that fiasco, Threshold once again secured the movie rights, and severed ties with New Line. Having no intention of working with New Line again, Larry and Threshold have assured the fans that MKD will be the sequel we deserve, for they are once again in creative control over the franchise.

The fact that Threshold has total control over MKD should put most fears to rest. They created a spectacular film with MK1. MKA suffered because of the execs at New Line. With them out of the picture, MKD should have no trouble surpassing MKA.

Sources:
<a href='http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/076150 ... e&n=283155' target='_blank'>Mortal Kombat: Behind The Scenes by Michael Goldman</a>
<a href='http://www.mycomicshop.com/megastore/se ... &til=34027' target='_blank'>MK Official Movie Magazine</a>
<a href='http://mortalkombat.com/transcripts/josh.php3' target='_blank'>Some info was gathered from online chats from that site with producers Larry Kasanoff, Alison Savitch, and Josh Wexler </a>
lin kuei Grandmaster
Grand Master

Post by lin kuei Grandmaster »

nice info there wesborland. I do feel a bit more relieved now. :)
LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

wesborland wrote: Nope, New Line Cinema was the one and only reason MKA flopped, allow me to explain:

Back in 1991/1992 when Larry Kasanoff was working on Terminator 2, he was involved in meetings with Midway on creating T2 videogames. While there, he looked into their game library to see if they had any titles that could make good movies. They just so happened to be finishing up on their latest game, Mortal Kombat. Larry loved the premise of the game and knew it could be a great film, so he bought the movie rights to the franchise. He then started his own company, Threshold Entertainment, and MK was their first project. New Line Cinema signed on to distribute the film, but had no real knowledge of the goldmine they were sitting on. So, they allowed Larry and Paul Anderson to do whatever they wanted. MK became a huge success, and the execs at New Line realized the potential the series had. Thus, they quickly put the sequel into motion.

This time, however, they forced Larry and John Leonetti to follow specific directions when making MKA. The crew at Threshold has said time and time again that MKA was not the movie they tried to make, it was the movie New Line forced them to make. After that fiasco, Threshold once again secured the movie rights, and severed ties with New Line. Having no intention of working with New Line again, Larry and Threshold have assured the fans that MKD will be the sequel we deserve, for they are once again in creative control over the franchise.

The fact that Threshold has total control over MKD should put most fears to rest. They created a spectacular film with MK1. MKA suffered because of the execs at New Line. With them out of the picture, MKD should have no trouble surpassing MKA.

Sources:
<a href='http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/076150 ... e&n=283155' target='_blank'>Mortal Kombat: Behind The Scenes by Michael Goldman</a>
<a href='http://www.mycomicshop.com/megastore/se ... &til=34027' target='_blank'>MK Official Movie Magazine</a>
<a href='http://mortalkombat.com/transcripts/josh.php3' target='_blank'>Some info was gathered from online chats from that site with producers Larry Kasanoff, Alison Savitch, and Josh Wexler </a>
You already posted this info in another topic,but i do agree with you.I just said the only thing that matters is >the storyline,which is most important.The Writers of MKA (could be hired by new line,so that you'll agree) wrote a sick story,hence the movie failed even after 2 whole years of filming.
shotokan
Immortal

Post by shotokan »

Hm that is true. That's what makes it worthwile, and also the fact of expecting actors to return but if the movies good, I'll watch as much as I can. Which may be difficult.

I just like some of their work, that's all.
LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

Actors...Don't count.Of course they count a bit but...the Storyline is the most important.
lin kuei Grandmaster
Grand Master

Post by lin kuei Grandmaster »

well i kinda disagree..actors are everything..and since this is a mk film the story will probably be good anyway.
LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

lin kuei Grandmaster wrote: well i kinda disagree..actors are everything..and since this is a mk film the story will probably be good anyway.
i said "they count a bit".If the story is probably good,then did you like MK:Annihilation's story?it sucked.major crap.

Return to “Mortal Kombat (2021 Movie)”