MK3 is NOT a prequel

wesborland
Apprentice

MK3 is NOT a prequel

Post by wesborland »

<!--QuoteBegin-Wikipedia.org+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wikipedia.org)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->There is no confirmed information about the plot of this movie. So far, three rumors have been spread over the years:

Rumor #1: This movie will disregard Mortal Kombat: Annihilation and will be an alternative sequel to Mortal Kombat. This rumor went rampant for years.

Source: Threshold Entertainment, although with the years it became a "ghost quote", since every fansite supporting this information took the quote from other fansites, none of them having a link to the original source.

Rumor #2: This movie is going to be based on the games Mortal Kombat: Deception and Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, the final scene of the movie will be re-written after the release of the last game mentioned.

Source: Christopher Lambert apparently revealed this information in an interview published on [The Movie Center].

Rumor #3: This movie is actually going to be a prequel with Sub Zero as the main character. Neither Liu Kang, Sonya Blade or Johnny Cage will be in this movie.

Source: This information was apparently revealed by Robin Shou. However, all the quotes can be traced down to [The Unofficial Mortal Kombat 3 Movie Page], which appears to be the source of this information, but provides no link or backup for that quote.

CONFIRMED INFORMATION: There is really no confirmed information about the plot since the script is still being worked upon. And since all the rumors above seem to contradict each other (and the fact that all their sources seem to be made up since it comes from forum posts, blogs or free-hosted websites), there's a big chance that <span style='color:red'>all three of them are false</span>.
[/quote]

I do realize wikipedia is not 100% reliable since anyone can post whatever they want, but I must point out this is the first time someone cares to post something with references.

<!--QuoteBegin-wikipedia+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (wikipedia)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->References
1- "<a href='http://themoviecenter.wordpress.com/200 ... of-cinema/' target='_blank'>A legend of cinema" at themoviecenter.wordpress.com</a>, posted May 20, 2006; last accessed September 20, 2006.
2- <a href='http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0293429/' target='_blank'>Mortal Kombat: Devastation</a> at the <a href='http://www.imdb.com' target='_blank'>Internet Movie Database</a>; last accessed September 18, 2006; status last updated September 3, 2006
3- <a href='http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0293429/fullcredits' target='_blank'>Full Cast and Crew </a>for Mortal Kombat: Devastation at the Internet Movie Database; last accessed September 18, 2006.
4- <a href='http://www.hollywood.com/movies/detail/id/3463153' target='_blank'>Mortal Kombat: Devastation</a> at hollywood.com; last accessed September 18, 2006; date last updated unknown. [/quote]

I do understand how rumors are created (forum posts, fansites, etc) what I don't understand, is how those rumors spread so fast. What's with the fans who believe every single rumor flying at them like it's absolute truth? :unsure:
Unless the information comes from the official site (the one and only mortalkombat.com, which has been abandoned for the past 3 years) or you see a video of someone directly involved with the production, it's another lame rumor.

LordScorpion
God

Re: MK3 is NOT a prequel

Post by LordScorpion »

That's a good Speech,wes.This will make everybody understand and STOP posting such rumors.Some rumors are created even HERE,in MKS(by certain Members you may know).

So,just like wes said,there's no REAL storyline for MK:3 TM now,so we don't need any rumors,nor any false info,or anything,UNTIL the movie releases in 2007.

Over.
wesborland
Apprentice

Post by wesborland »

I remember a few months ago someone posted on the IMDb forums that not only this movie was already being filmed and going to be released somewhere between dec 2006/feb 2007, but also that a fourth movie titled "Mortal Kombat: Apocalypse" was in the works and was going to be directed by Steven "War of The Worlds is the worst remake ever" Spielberg. The user quoted a certain interview that was published in Yahoo! Entertainment without posting any links (I believe I read it somewhere on this forum too).
The thing is, for weeks fans talked about the "upcoming fourth movie" like it was absolute truth, when it was just a forum post with no back up whatsoever.

PS: I was right, somebody had posted this rumor here too, here is the link:
<a href='http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/ind ... topic=1779' target='_blank'>http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/ind ... ic=1779</a>
LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

Yea,i saw that rumor earlier.All FAKE.i hate these rumors.when are we gonna get the right storyline?

P.S. that rumor was posted by MK Master 777 as usual.
badboy52292
Master

Post by badboy52292 »

I have now realized.....never to listen to MKMaster777. Well i realized that a while back. But to all new comers, dont listen to MKMaster777 if he cant provide ACTUAL proof. Sorry but not sorry MKMaster777, you put it upon yourself. That goes for everyone else that spread rumors here. If you cant provide actual proof, then dont bother posting it. Nobody here will listen to you, and you are making a bad name for yourself.

Back on topic

I dont believe any of these rumors. Yes, these rumors spread very fast because there hasnt been any official information on the movie. So anybody who post unofficial fake info, many people will belive them because they have been waiting for new info for years.
LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

So far,the only MK Master 777 Rumor i believe is about the one in which he sez he went to GC 2006.

And yea,back on topic
Yea,same here.Dumb rumors.I hate the one about MK Apocalypse especially.Lamiest one ever.
wesborland
Apprentice

Post by wesborland »

All we need is just a little patience

- Axel Rose
LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

I never heard of Axel Rose,but yea,exactly what we need.
wesborland
Apprentice

Post by wesborland »

I never heard of Axel Rose
<a href='http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axl_Rose' target='_blank'>What?</a>, seriously?
LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

Dude,i am from India,i dunno many "Famous people" from other countries.
lin kuei Grandmaster
Grand Master

Post by lin kuei Grandmaster »

i see what he means. Anyway axel rose has nothing to do with this topic so forget him.
LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

Ok,who is he,anyway?and now back to topic.
lin kuei Grandmaster
Grand Master

Post by lin kuei Grandmaster »

axel rose is just somone out of a famous band called guns'n'roses..anyway i can understand why you don't know him.
LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

Oh k then,and now back to topic.
shotokan
Immortal

Post by shotokan »

Lead singer and they all broke up. Partially his fault it is believed, but yes, that is so true. I thought mk3 was supposed to be aprequel? Man rumours make it confusing. Lordy...how about one thing at a time? Works for me.

Return to “Mortal Kombat (2021 Movie)”