New Mortalkombat movie: Mk devastation

LordScorpion
God

Re: New Mortalkombat movie: Mk devastation

Post by LordScorpion »

shotokan wrote: Well that depends if you're willing to give the movie a second chance. I would still go to it because I love mk and would find something to like in it unless it was worse then annihilation. Besides, if christopher lamber is in it, and the others are returning then there's hope. I think this will reall pick up.
yeah,with Robin,Keith,Casamassa,Adoni,Lambert and Linden,this movie's gonna be a huge blockbuster!

PYRO
Warrior

Post by PYRO »

I'm curious is scorpion and the other ninja guys are gonna be with their normal costumes or they are gonna be with more original costumes :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I am what you made me!
goro
Warrior

Post by goro »

noppe
Get Over Here
shotokan
Immortal

Post by shotokan »

How so? I like the originals but didn't like sub-zero's costume in annihilation, but perhaps they'll better looking.

Hey guys bad news!!! Really bad!! It's gonna upset us all, but it turns out Robin Shou and the other original characters won't be in mk:3. From what I've read it's going to be all about sub-zero before Liu's time! No original characters because they don't want to pay the actors their regular fee. It's stupid I know! Apparently it's taking out old and putting new to pay less money! So this means new actors! :angry: It looks like this may not be the mk we all know and love with the old mk cast, nor does it appear to be what we're looking for, at least for me. It's on mortalkombatguides.com and it'll be on the front page. Sad to say our white lotus hero won't be with us.
LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

shotokan wrote: How so? I like the originals but didn't like sub-zero's costume in annihilation, but perhaps they'll better looking.

Hey guys bad news!!! Really bad!! It's gonna upset us all, but it turns out Robin Shou and the other original characters won't be in mk:3. From what I've read it's going to be all about sub-zero before Liu's time! No original characters because they don't want to pay the actors their regular fee. It's stupid I know! Apparently it's taking out old and putting new to pay less money! So this means new actors! :angry: It looks like this may not be the mk we all know and love with the old mk cast, nor does it appear to be what we're looking for, at least for me. It's on mortalkombatguides.com and it'll be on the front page. Sad to say our white lotus hero won't be with us.
What?!?!?i think this is all that Director,Mink's Doing.Apparently That dummy wants the hero of his other two movies for MK.if so,this movie will not be good.At least maybe Casamassa and Lambert may make the cut,and not even Linden,because if the whole story is going to revolve around Sub-Zero(i think both the younger and the elder),Scorpion And Rayden should definetely be there.and yeah,don't let ourselves forget Sultan Uddin(For Noob Saibot).If The story revolves around Sub,and not Liu(and the MK tournament),then these are my Theories for the cast:
Keith Cooke\Francois Petit - Sub Zero(either the younger or the elder)
Chris Casamassa - Scorpion(What is Sub-zero's story without Scorpion,Dudes?!?)
Christopher Lambert\Jeff Meek - Raiden(The Lord of thunder is always there...)
Master Kimball Sultan Uddin - Noob Saibot(Sub's bro,y'know)
Adoni Maropis - Quan Chi(i'm guessing why they made him the main villain...)
Jeff Meek - Shao Kahn(A Mortal Kombat without the Evil emperor of Outworld?!?)
? - Frost(all of ya may already know why,coz if the story's about sub...)
Sal Divita\J.J.Perry - Cyrax And Sektor
? - Human forms of Cyrax and sektor(hmm...)
Sal Divita\Ridley Tsui - Smoke(Robot)
? - Human Smoke(guess easily)
Reiner Schöne - Shinnok(of course,if chi is in it,then what about shin?)
Keanu Reeves(lol!) - Kenshi(remember MKD?)
? - Hotaru(again,remember MKD?)
Ho Sung Pak(no,just guessing,simply) - Liu Kang(sub and scorp are on the good side in MKII,so Liu should definetely come,but if Rob won't come,then Pak should come definetely)
? - Kintaro(MKII)
Deron Mcbee - Motaro(MKIII,far as i know,Mcbee's good for the part)

That's as far as i know,by my theories,for if this is Sub-Zero's history,then these characters are a must for the movie.I don't know who will play Frost,Human Cyrax,Human Sektor,Human Smoke,Hotaru And Kintaro.Honestly i don't think that Motaro May make the cut.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wikipedia's info on the cast(Keith,Casamassa and Lambert are already confirmed,so i won't post them here):
Talisa Soto - Princess Kitana
Lynn "Red" Williams - Major Jackson 'Jax' Briggs
Patricia Ja Lee - Li Mei
Kimball Sultan Uddin - Noob Saibot
Reiner Schöne - Shinnok
Dana Hee - Mileena
Dan Southworth - Kenshi (as Daniel Southworth)
Ray Park - Reiko
Stacey Dash - Tanya
Robin Shou - Liu Kang
Linden Ashby - Johnny Cage
Adoni Maropis - Quan Chi
Matthias Hues - Fujin
John Rhys-Davies - Bo' Rai Cho

I don't know why Li,Reiko,Tanya Or Cho should make the cut,but this is just wikipedia's info,not mine.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
so i guess that'll be all for now.let's think of who may come in the future,or if the storyline changes.
shotokan
Immortal

Post by shotokan »

Well I don't really know who's directing it but this isn't confirmed, but let's hope it's not. It doesn't look so hopeful right now :angry: especially when we're all expecting and used to the white lotus mk champion returning. Well on the site it said Chris Cassamassa, Christopher Lambert, and Linden Ashby were all confirmed to be in the next mortalkombat movie, so we can expect to see those three back, especially when mk is the only time I've seen Linden Ashby in.
LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

Linden may not make it if it's Sub-Zero's story.Apparently that was old news on the site.But Scorp will definetely appear in the story.Like i said,Quan chi may be the Villain coz the story's about Sub-Zero.Would be nice if they made a movie about Scorp's Story.
shotokan
Immortal

Post by shotokan »

Well I think it shouldn't really concentrate on one character because we know what it's about here. I think it will also concentrate on scorpion as well. That would make sense because they're rather rivals, or their clans are anyway.
ecw7
Mortal

Post by ecw7 »

robin shou's pr guy has said that he wont be returning, but its gonna be a little while before they start, so that could change
LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

ecw7 wrote: robin shou's pr guy has said that he wont be returning, but its gonna be a little while before they start, so that could change
"a little while before they start"?for your information ecw7,the movie started filming in 2005,and plans were there eversince 2004.

and the storyline has changed far too many times,so they wouldn't change it.anyway most MK fans may love the 3rd movie because it's about Sub.
shotokan
Immortal

Post by shotokan »

Should, but I still wanted Liu, Kitana, Sindel and the others to be in it :( Now we may have to wait another while before this happens. We've waited what? Five or six years for this.
LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

shotokan wrote: Should, but I still wanted Liu, Kitana, Sindel and the others to be in it  :( Now we may have to wait another while before this happens. We've waited what? Five or six years for this.
Yeah we waited so long.Hollywood's so slow.i think we waited Eight years for this.But information may change soon.

[EDIT]I found something on wikipedia that may be a hint

"In spite of the film's lack of success, a third Mortal Kombat film, Mortal Kombat: Devastation, is currently under work. The film is apparently expected to replace Annihilation as the official sequel to the 1995 motion-picture"

So i don't think Devastation will continue on Annihilation's plot.Maybe more like go direct to MK4,or MKM:SZ.

More info from Wikipedia:
"IMDB-confirmed cast
Chris Casamassa - Scorpion
Keith Cooke - Sub-Zero
Adoni Maropis - Quan Chi

Threshold Entertainment-confirmed cast
This cast list is taken from the unofficial Threshold Entertainment MK3 website.

Christopher Lambert - Raiden
Walter Emmanuel Jones - Kai

Other possible cast
Talisa Soto - Kitana
John Stamos - Johnny Cage
Jason Scott Lee - Noob/Smoke
Lynn "Red" Williams - Jax
François Petit - Noob Saibot
Reiner Schöne - Shinnok
Dana Hee - Mileena
Stacey Dash- Tanya
Matthias Hues - Fujin
Keith Cooke - Sub-Zero
Adoni Maropis - Quan Chi
Bruce Locke - Shang Tsung
Kristanna Loken - Kira
Patricia Ja Lee - Li Mei (Still in talks not 100% confirmed)
Ray Park - Reiko (Still in talks not 100% confirmed)
George Michael - Kurtis Stryker (Still in talks not 100% confirmed}
Emma Watson- Frost/Khameleon (Unlikely due to filming of Harry Potter movies.)
Paolo Montalban - Kung Lao (rumored but there they're thinking of it)
Frank Welker - (voice) Moloch/or Kintaro
Ridley Tsui - Sektor
Musetta Vander - Sareena"

"It has been revealed that Liu Kang will not be the hero of this movie, as stated by Robin Shou in an interview. Instead, the hero is to be Sub-Zero. [1] This interview was confirmed, however, the plot is now official that this film will be a sequel and NOT A PREQUEL and Robin Shou has since been asked to rejoin the project. See the IMDB link below to see".

So what do you think?did this help?
Assasin
Warrior

Post by Assasin »

LordScorpion wrote:
shotokan wrote: Should, but I still wanted Liu, Kitana, Sindel and the others to be in it  :( Now we may have to wait another while before this happens. We've waited what? Five or six years for this.
Yeah we waited so long.Hollywood's so slow.i think we waited Eight years for this.But information may change soon.

[EDIT]I found something on wikipedia that may be a hint

"In spite of the film's lack of success, a third Mortal Kombat film, Mortal Kombat: Devastation, is currently under work. The film is apparently expected to replace Annihilation as the official sequel to the 1995 motion-picture"

So i don't think Devastation will continue on Annihilation's plot.Maybe more like go direct to MK4,or MKM:SZ.

More info from Wikipedia:
"IMDB-confirmed cast
Keith Cooke - Sub-Zero
Adoni Maropis - Quan Chi

Threshold Entertainment-confirmed cast
This cast list is taken from the unofficial Threshold Entertainment MK3 website.

Walter Emmanuel Jones - Kai

Other possible cast
Talisa Soto - Kitana
John Stamos - Johnny Cage
Jason Scott Lee - Noob/Smoke
Lynn "Red" Williams - Jax
François Petit - Noob Saibot
Reiner Schöne - Shinnok
Dana Hee - Mileena
Stacey Dash- Tanya
Matthias Hues - Fujin
Keith Cooke - Sub-Zero
Adoni Maropis - Quan Chi
Bruce Locke - Shang Tsung
Kristanna Loken - Kira
Patricia Ja Lee - Li Mei (Still in talks not 100% confirmed)
Ray Park - Reiko (Still in talks not 100% confirmed)
George Michael - Kurtis Stryker (Still in talks not 100% confirmed}
Emma Watson- Frost/Khameleon (Unlikely due to filming of Harry Potter movies.)
Paolo Montalban - Kung Lao (rumored but there they're thinking of it)
Frank Welker - (voice) Moloch/or Kintaro
Ridley Tsui - Sektor
Musetta Vander - Sareena"

"It has been revealed that Liu Kang will not be the hero of this movie, as stated by Robin Shou in an interview. Instead, the hero is to be Sub-Zero. [1] This interview was confirmed, however, the plot is now official that this film will be a sequel and NOT A PREQUEL and Robin Shou has since been asked to rejoin the project. See the IMDB link below to see".

So what do you think?did this help?
yeah i think that helped
lin kuei prodigy
God

Post by lin kuei prodigy »

... An sad day when mk 3 movie is released.
SWEET!!! WE GOT TO STICK TOGETHER!!! SWEET!!!
LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

lin kuei prodigy wrote: ... An sad day when mk 3 movie is released.
What do you mean by that,prodigy?

Return to “Mortal Kombat (2021 Movie)”