New Mortalkombat movie: Mk devastation

lin kuei prodigy
God

Re: New Mortalkombat movie: Mk devastation

Post by lin kuei prodigy »

MK anihilation?
Haven't you seen it, it sucked. No wonder they are having technical difficulties to even say updates for this movie & also the directors, producers are lazy so their imagination ain't leaving good relsults when they make video game based movies.

SWEET!!! WE GOT TO STICK TOGETHER!!! SWEET!!!
LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

Yeah,Annihiliation is the worst movie in the world :D
But Seriously,it's a commercial flop.Storyline was pathetic.

Like i said again,this info from wikipedia(already posted above):
"In spite of the film's lack of success, a third Mortal Kombat film, Mortal Kombat: Devastation, is currently under work. The film is apparently expected to <span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>replace</span> Annihilation as the official sequel to the 1995 motion-picture"
so like i said,This movie is gonna Replace Annihilation,not being taken as a sequel to it.
shotokan
Immortal

Post by shotokan »

I liked annihilation but yes, don't forget it's not a sequel, so the hopes of anything carrying off is slim, especially with Kitana and Sindel :( Was really hoping for that. Well it depends what the plot is and if that person is good at directing it. They did an awesome job with mortalkombat the movie, let's not forget that shall we? It is possible, if you can re-create it well and leave a good plot everyone can follow that grabs you attention. That's what movies do and what makes them good.
lin kuei Grandmaster
Grand Master

Post by lin kuei Grandmaster »

im bloody glad this is not a sequel...hopefully there making a fresh start and not carrying of from the cruddy last films they did. like lin kuei prodigy said....im not surprised there having technical difficultys when you look at there previous films.
shotokan
Immortal

Post by shotokan »

I wouldn't want to completely carry from annihilation, but just the reunion of Kitana and Sindel, and Raiden becoming a thunder god, you know? Just the good points in the movie that could carry off into a sequel of deadly alliance or something, although most of us know what's it's about.
Alucard
Grand Master

Post by Alucard »

still. it will suck.
Mk movies are not like the original.
badboy52292
Master

Post by badboy52292 »

we cant say its going to suck or its going to be cool. cuz we havent even seen previews or pictures. yea im sure that it will show the return of sindel and kitana. they wont make it a sequel to annihilation. mk movies usually talk about more then one mk game. in the first mk movie it was about mk1 and mk2. so devestation will have a little bit of mk4, mkda, and mkd, and some of mka. im sure that how it will be. but im sure all those games will fall into place in the movie
shotokan
Immortal

Post by shotokan »

Yeah. Well of course the mk movies aren't original if you're referring to games. However, they did do a good job of recreating it, and that's not an easy thing to do, especially when it's based on a game. Yeah I think they will to because luckily they're based in it, but it's based on Sub-Zero's history so no Liu Kang :( :angry: Yep everything will fall into place, and hopefully catch up and won't take as long to create a new mk movie.
wesborland
Apprentice

Post by wesborland »

Alucard wrote: still. it will suck.
No MK movie will ever be, but that doesn't mean that you can't make another good MK movie.
And, those of you who keep saying that this will be an alternate sequel: please stop, that rumor is so old it has a birthday.
lin kuei prodigy
God

Post by lin kuei prodigy »

wesborland wrote:
Alucard wrote: still. it will suck.
No MK movie will ever be, but that doesn't mean that you can't make another good MK movie.
And, those of you who keep saying that this will be an alternate sequel: please stop, that rumor is so old it has a birthday.
Fact but... Honestly the damage was high. They even have to atleast consider to remake an sequel to fix that error.
SWEET!!! WE GOT TO STICK TOGETHER!!! SWEET!!!
wesborland
Apprentice

Post by wesborland »

They can just focus on another part of the story and remake this horrible sequel in another moment. After all, the mk story is pretty wide.
Rumors that said that the movie "Mortal Kombat: Annihilation" would be replaced by this one were proven false, since the official plot has already been announced: this movie will be based on the games "Mortal Kombat: Deception" and "Mortal Kombat: Armageddon". This movie was going to be filmed in Thailand, just like Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, but Universal Studios decided to build a huge studio/theme park, in which people would be able to see the filming in progress. But, since hurricane Katrina ruined those plans, they were delayed. The rest of the filming is taking place in Thailand and other locations.

Confirmed cast

Tony Jaa - Liu Kang
Ryan Reynolds - Johnny Cage
Marcus Winfred - Scorpion
Christopher Lambert - Raiden
Adoni Maropis - Quan Chi
Matthias Hues - Fujin
Alex Statham - Sub-Zero
Zhang Ziyi - Kitana/Mileena
Kate Beckinsale - Sonya Blade
Siena Miller - Li Mei
shotokan
Immortal

Post by shotokan »

Yes but I also say include some of the characters up until now, like their bio's instead of mostly being about Sub-Zero. That's just my interest though. Yes the story is very wide so maybe it will all lead up to that hopefully. Hopefully if another one is planned the time frame will be shorter for less anticipation.
Tamedcheetah
Mortal

Post by Tamedcheetah »

I think they should write Jax into MK III and re-hire the actor that played that character in MK II. He had some crazy corny lines but they just need to write a better script so that he can come across as that awesome-bodied/power ranger/ super-hero type brother that they hired him to portray. He's definitely packing the body...All they need to do is bring him in drinking some kind of all natural (organic)/anti-oxidant power juice - give him a smarter appeal and a more active role. The man with the plan (type role). That passive-aggressive "dumb-jock" script that they wrote for him in MK II ruined it. The costumes were awesome & he wore them well. I can't think of a better body they could hire to put in one of those fantasy muscle costumes...that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :P

Viva Jax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LordScorpion
God

Post by LordScorpion »

wesborland wrote: They can just focus on another part of the story and remake this horrible sequel in another moment. After all, the mk story is pretty wide.
Rumors that said that the movie "Mortal Kombat: Annihilation" would be replaced by this one were proven false, since the official plot has already been announced: this movie will be based on the games "Mortal Kombat: Deception" and "Mortal Kombat: Armageddon". This movie was going to be filmed in Thailand, just like Mortal Kombat and Mortal Kombat: Annihilation, but Universal Studios decided to build a huge studio/theme park, in which people would be able to see the filming in progress. But, since hurricane Katrina ruined those plans, they were delayed. The rest of the filming is taking place in Thailand and other locations.

Confirmed cast

Tony Jaa - Liu Kang
Ryan Reynolds - Johnny Cage
Marcus Winfred - Scorpion
Christopher Lambert - Raiden
Adoni Maropis - Quan Chi
Matthias Hues - Fujin
Alex Statham - Sub-Zero
Zhang Ziyi - Kitana/Mileena
Kate Beckinsale - Sonya Blade
Siena Miller - Li Mei
where did you get that news?
TANYAxSCORPION
Mortal

Post by TANYAxSCORPION »

i like lordscorpions news better it included tanya!

Return to “Mortal Kombat (2021 Movie)”