Editing Spells

Mephisto
Mortal

Editing Spells

Post by Mephisto »

Title says it. How do I go about editing those? I can't find the statistics for how much damage one spell deals or how much life a player has to start hex searching for them.

I want to edit Reptile's skills but I have no idea how to find them with a hex editor.

Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Re: Editing Spells

Post by Noob Cyborg »

Mephisto wrote:Title says it. How do I go about editing those? I can't find the statistics for how much damage one spell deals or how much life a player has to start hex searching for them.

I want to edit Reptile's skills but I have no idea how to find them with a hex editor.
http://mk4strip.xyz/
"I am Goro! General to the armies of Outworld and Prince to the subterrianian realm of Shokahn..."ImageImage
Mephisto
Mortal

Post by Mephisto »

This is for appearance though. I want to edit data. Damage and such.
Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Post by Noob Cyborg »

Mephisto wrote:This is for appearance though. I want to edit data. Damage and such.
What kind of data?
No offence but your English is less bad. Be more explicit!
"I am Goro! General to the armies of Outworld and Prince to the subterrianian realm of Shokahn..."ImageImage
Mephisto
Mortal

Post by Mephisto »

The combatants deal damage to each other and have health right? So when I use one move like Acid Spit with Reptile, it deals 200 damage to my opponent. I want to change that 200 to 400 (I just made up these numbers, because I do not know where to find the real ones).

How do I edit moves/spells? Casting speed, damage and so forth.
Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Post by Noob Cyborg »

Mephisto wrote:The combatants deal damage to each other and have health right? So when I use one move like Acid Spit with Reptile, it deals 200 damage to my opponent. I want to change that 200 to 400 (I just made up these numbers, because I do not know where to find the real ones).

How do I edit moves/spells? Casting speed, damage and so forth.
AAA! You speak about movement data. Good!
You must use mk4strip for decompling filesys.dat
After that you found 3 folders RAW,VIEW AND WAV
In RAW directory you found originals files (not converted) as:

GFX - compressed (RLE-like) 256*256 15bit texture file. Can be converted to BMP
GEO - geometry file. Can be converted to OBJ and viewed in 3D Exploration.
ESF - not converted to WAV sounds. Koming soon.
MISC\r002 - possibly the movements file.
MISC\r001 - ???

MISC\r791.tga - 2D font.
BMP - converted from GFX textures. View them in any Graphics Viewer/Editor.

For editing movoment files you need to have advanced knowledge about:
Borland Pascal 7.0
Borland C++ 5.01
Microsoft Visual C++

In this case, the only one who can help is my good friend Barakuda.
He showed me how edited and changed some interesting moves for his favorite model Baraka from Mortal Kombat Gold.
Here are details on how to contact him:
http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/mem ... le&u=13065
I hope I helped you but I have a question for you:
Where did you get avatar reptile MK4:
You've created?
Barakuda
Warrior

Post by Barakuda »

Noob Cyborg wrote: In this case, the only one who can help is my good friend Barakuda.
He showed me how edited and changed some interesting moves for his favorite model Baraka from Mortal Kombat Gold.
Also I created a special trainer.
"My blades will find your heart."
ImageImage
Mephisto
Mortal

Post by Mephisto »

Yea I created the avatar and a loading screen for reptile (since I changed him to the old version, I needed these).

Editing data sounds complex. For any other game I've modded you just play around with text files that contain different data like damage, life, movement speed, attack range, attack speed, etc.
I guess I won't bother but thanks for answering my question, now I know at least. Weird, with all other games it's usually the other way around - editing that type of data is easy, but editing skins requires many tools and conversions.
Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Post by Noob Cyborg »

Mephisto wrote:Yea I created the avatar and a loading screen for reptile (since I changed him to the old version, I needed these).

Editing data sounds complex. For any other game I've modded you just play around with text files that contain different data like damage, life, movement speed, attack range, attack speed, etc.
I guess I won't bother but thanks for answering my question, now I know at least. Weird, with all other games it's usually the other way around - editing that type of data is easy, but editing skins requires many tools and conversions.
There is absolutely no bother!
It's nice to have you with us, I'm proud and I'm glad you share yours opinions with us about your works. If you want , you can join us in our comunity and subscribe in this group on the facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mk4strip/?ref=bookmarks to post photos with your mods so everyone to appreciate your work.
We waiting you with open arms!
Mephisto
Mortal

Post by Mephisto »

Eh, no huge mods here, just changed my reptile. Was hoping I could toy around with the moves as I said but I'm pretty bad at programming related stuff when it comes to modding so that's out. I usually only bother with art/txt file stuff in all games I mod (tried hex editing - not my thing really).
I suppose someone could find these useful so I'll upload them here (no need to start a new thread for such a small edit):

edit1: oh yea actually, I also have this Kai ninja texture based on this art https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=htt ... 39.jpg&f=1 but it didn't really turn out so well.
Attachments
Reptile Files.rar
(210.85 KiB) Downloaded 448 times
Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Post by Noob Cyborg »

Mephisto wrote:Eh, no huge mods here, just changed my reptile. Was hoping I could toy around with the moves as I said but I'm pretty bad at programming related stuff when it comes to modding so that's out. I usually only bother with art/txt file stuff in all games I mod (tried hex editing - not my thing really).
I suppose someone could find these useful so I'll upload them here (no need to start a new thread for such a small edit):

edit1: oh yea actually, I also have this Kai ninja texture based on this art https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=htt ... 39.jpg&f=1 but it didn't really turn out so well.
WOW! Nice Job Man!
It is the best work I've ever seen for Reptile MK4 (classic ninja human).
I love and i liked! I will try myself to explore your experience. :D
I wonder what might come out the other ninja characters if you create. (Sub Zero, Scorpion & Noob Saibot) :o
It is clear that you are clever and skillful in the art to customize textures.
Keep going with your talent. :)
I can not find you on facebook and in group that I suggested.
It would be nice to share them and there people to give you likes and comments.
In case you find me on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bobby.bronek.joint
In case you want to subscribe and sign in our group about Mortal Kombat 4 Modding: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mk4strip/
or let me your account and give me your facebook.
Mephisto
Mortal

Post by Mephisto »

I barely get into Facebook so I'd rather not join, I've already got a ton of groups to follow (which I don't cuz.. You know, time).
It's not really a classic Reptile, I just created what I wanted with these skins (this Kai skin doesn't even exist really) and I'm not an MK fan or anything, but MK4 is a pretty good game I used to play with my brother so I decided I'll mod it. And since Reptile is my favouritte character and I like the ninja costumes I just changed him :D
I wouldn't really touch Scorpion and Sub-Zero though, I like them a lot as they are. I might create some special outfits for them but the vanilla ones are perfect. I'd rather play around with the rest of the characters and turn them into Rain and such. Don't know who to pick though... Hmm, if the effects' textures are change-able, I could use those to make purple effects for Rain. If I create something I'll upload it here but don't expect anything.
Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Post by Noob Cyborg »

Mephisto wrote:I barely get into Facebook so I'd rather not join, I've already got a ton of groups to follow (which I don't cuz.. You know, time).
It's not really a classic Reptile, I just created what I wanted with these skins (this Kai skin doesn't even exist really) and I'm not an MK fan or anything, but MK4 is a pretty good game I used to play with my brother so I decided I'll mod it. And since Reptile is my favouritte character and I like the ninja costumes I just changed him :D
I wouldn't really touch Scorpion and Sub-Zero though, I like them a lot as they are. I might create some special outfits for them but the vanilla ones are perfect. I'd rather play around with the rest of the characters and turn them into Rain and such. Don't know who to pick though... Hmm, if the effects' textures are change-able, I could use those to make purple effects for Rain. If I create something I'll upload it here but don't expect anything.
I played your skins. Is very beautyful! Good Job Man!
What have you listed above and from my knowledge I know you can do this effect in projects M.U.G.E.N. even 3D.
Is a group on Facebook with a project Mugen about Mortal Kombat Gold 2D it includes Rain with all purple effect.
That is why I've recommended the group, because there are tutorials related but especially so the world is very jumper to help you compared with this topic dead.
Only in these communities is the key to solving your problems.
Whatever! How you want. The decision is yours (belong to you).
Question:
Who is redhead girl (avatar) from your projcet in place Tanya.
Did you have the her texture? Your project mk4strip is finished?
You have other finished characters besides them?
Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Post by Noob Cyborg »

Mephisto wrote:I barely get into Facebook so I'd rather not join, I've already got a ton of groups to follow (which I don't cuz.. You know, time).
I played your skins. Is very beautyful! Good Job Man!
What have you listed above and from my knowledge I know you can do this effect in projects M.U.G.E.N. even 3D.
Is a group on Facebook with a project Mugen about Mortal Kombat Gold 3D in 2D it includes Rain with all purple effect.
That is why I've recommended the group, because there are tutorials related but especially so the world is very jumper to help you compared with this topic dead.
Only in these communities is the key to solving your problems.
Whatever! How you want. The decision is yours (belong to you).
Question:
Who is redhead girl (avatar) from your projcet in place Tanya.
Did you have the her texture?
Your project mk4strip is finished?
You have other finished characters besides them?
Mephisto
Mortal

Post by Mephisto »

It's a texture I did years ago (supposed to be Blood Rayne). I'd rather delete it and give it another go but I'm really too lazy for that. I might look around that group but I won't be joining.

No other characters I believe. I made Sub-Zero's special version be purple I think although I can't recall.

Return to “Mortal Kombat 4 Enhanced and Strip”