Tutorial: How to extend any text

Agahnim
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Tutorial: How to extend any text

Post by Agahnim »

what will you need:
1) The game installed with patch 3
2) A hex editor (I use Hexprobe Hex Editor 4.3 but you can use another)
3) MK4PointerFinder

(apologizes for bad english AND adfly links but i spend a lot of time on that^^)

~PART A: Find The Pointers~
STEP 1:
Open 'Mortal Kombat 4.exe' patch 3 with a hex editor

STEP 2: Press ctrl+f, tick to "ASCII Text" and type any text of the game, eg. "Flawless Victory"

STEP 3: Open 'MK4PointerFinder.exe' and type the offset(hex) of the first character of the text (eg. D3280 is the offset of the character "F" of the text "Flawless Victory". Pointers always set in the first character of a text)

STEP 4: Hit 'Enter' and you will find two possible pointers. one of them is the correct one. before you search for which is the correct one, you must swap them. (eg. if the result is "4d4a80", swap it to "804a4d")

STEP 5: Now search in hex editor for the pointer. press ctrl+f, untick ASCII Text, insert "80 4a 4d"... no luck.. then try with another one "80 54 4d". Congratulations! you have successfully find the pointer of "Flawless Victory".

Last edited by Agahnim on Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Agahnim
Mortal
Side: Darkness

Re: TUTORIAL: How to extend any text (PART B)

Post by Agahnim »

~PART B: Change The Pointers~
STEP 6:
Search in the hex editor an area with a lot of zero's (eg. on the offset "FD650")

STEP 7: In this area type a new text replacing the "Flawless Victory" text (eg. "there is no knowledge that is not power")
NOTE: After you finish with the new text, ALWAYS add "00 00 00 00" in the hex area.

STEP 8: Open a new 'MK4PointerFinder' and type the offset of the new text (eg. FD650 is the offset of the character "t" of the text "there is no knowledge that is not power")

STEP 9: Back to hex editor, find again the pointer of "Flawless Victory" (80 54 4d) and change it to the pointer of "there is no knowledge that is not power" ("50 ee 4f" or "50 f8 4f")

STEP 10: Try the game and... Congratulations! you have changed the "Flawless Victory" to the bigger text "there is no knowledge that is not power"
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: TUTORIAL: How to extend any text

Post by Gambid »

This is a great tutorial. Would you please upload the images and files in the post itself.
This way, they will always be available.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
KeshaFilm
Mortal
Side: Light

Re: Tutorial: How to extend any text

Post by KeshaFilm »

Yay, it works pretty good! Big thanks to you, Agahnim!
Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Re: TUTORIAL: How to extend any text (PART B)

Post by Noob Cyborg »

Could you make a video tutorial for us?
"I am Goro! General to the armies of Outworld and Prince to the subterrianian realm of Shokahn..."ImageImage

Return to “Mortal Kombat 4 Enhanced and Strip”