MK4Strip problem. Really need help here.

tremor_209
Mortal

MK4Strip problem. Really need help here.

Post by tremor_209 »

Hi to all mksecrets members. I am here to seek help from you especially to Gambid.

I start MK4Strip yesterday, and I know how to use it now(thanks to Gambid's tutorial.)
Okay here's my problem.

1st. Problem: I tried to edit Johnny Cage P2 costume to look like his MKSM version. So what I did is, I cut and paste Johnny Cage's face from the MK:DA textures using Photoshop CS3, I made a new layer and the blending mode is "color" to repaint his red paddings to blue. I successfully did it, but when I played the game and selected Johnny Cage. The Player 2 Johnny Cage color got mixed. (His paddings are green. His skin and face is Pale Blue.). I tried to edit it once again but it got all messed up. The Player 2 Johnny turns to all grayish black and his textures are millions of dots.

2nd Problem: I think I rather call this a question. How can I edit MK4's textures? I mean. Is Photoshop good at all to edit the textures? Cause I want to replace Jax's arms with his MK:DA arms and I want to completely replace scorpion's skin with his MK:DA costume. But I am afraid of the result. Any tips for this?

And the Last Problem: How can I repaint textures skin, hair, and clothes or paste an image to the texture using photoshop?Cause when I do it the textures are too cartoonish to look. Cause what I want to do is.

I'll edit Sonya's 3rd costume so it can look like her MK3 costume, but i edit it by using the
vector method. You know like. tracing the parts and then fill it with color. But the result don't look a 3d texture. It looks more cartoony.

And also want to add Johnny belt a Lion head by cutting the lion's head and paste it. Is it possible?

I'm sorry if I demand a lot, but I really really need your help. Can someone please help me?
Just simply write your answers like what I did to my problems.. I really need help :( :( . Thank you!! :D

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: MK4Strip problem. Really need help here.

Post by Gambid »

Answer to the first question: Edit the textures with Photoshop but then copy-paste them to Paint and save them using paint. This should fix the color problem.

Photoshop is the best image editing software ever made.

How good the textures look, depends only on your own editing skills. Sorry, there are no tips I can give you here.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
tremor_209
Mortal

Post by tremor_209 »

Gambid wrote:Answer to the first question: Edit the textures with Photoshop but then copy-paste them to Paint and save them using paint. This should fix the color problem.

Photoshop is the best image editing software ever made.

How good the textures look, depends only on your own editing skills. Sorry, there are no tips I can give you here.
Thanks for the answers Gambid.:D I knew you can solve this. But how can I copy and paste the photo from photoshop to paint? And should I save it to 24 bit or 32 bit?

And is it good if I use GIMP?
Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Post by Noob Cyborg »

Attachments
Adobe Photoshop 7.0 Full.torrent
(14.04 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
"I am Goro! General to the armies of Outworld and Prince to the subterrianian realm of Shokahn..."ImageImage
Barakuda
Warrior

Post by Barakuda »

tremor_209 wrote:...
You need more mind.
"My blades will find your heart."
ImageImage
Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Post by Noob Cyborg »

Barakuda wrote:
tremor_209 wrote:...
You need more mind.
...MORE! :lol:
"I am Goro! General to the armies of Outworld and Prince to the subterrianian realm of Shokahn..."ImageImage

Return to “Mortal Kombat 4 Enhanced and Strip”