masteroowl5000

masterowl5000
Mortal

masteroowl5000

Post by masterowl5000 »

Hello, I am new to this forum, I would like you to help me with something, please. I want to modify mortal kombat 4 in my own way but I use mk4 strip but the problem is that the part of the bmpfx2 bat that I do not understand is more until I get many errors. Help to convert a skin to gfx is more download it if you want it is from tanya please help me :( :( :( :(

Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Re: masteroowl5000

Post by Noob Cyborg »

masterowl5000 wrote:Hello, I am new to this forum, I would like you to help me with something, please. I want to modify mortal kombat 4 in my own way but I use mk4 strip but the problem is that the part of the bmpfx2 bat that I do not understand is more until I get many errors. Help to convert a skin to gfx is more download it if you want it is from tanya please help me :( :( :( :(
Step 1: First, copy your filesys.dat in the directory of MK4Strip.
Step 2: Double click on BEGIN.BAT. The information is being extracted from filesys.dat and put in the RAW directory.
Step 3: Double click on CONTINUE.BAT. This will convert all files into well known formats. These will be placed in the VIEW directory for 3DModels and Textures and in the WAV directory for the sound files. This will probably take a while. Don't close the window, it will close itself when done.
Step 4: Now open and edit the textures you want with an image editing tool (PhotoShop, Gimp, Paint... ).
Note: Only 256*256 TrueColor BMPs are supported!
Step 5: Put the edited file in the VIEW directory and replace the original one.
Step 6: Use Command Prompt (StartMenu --> All Programs --> Accessories --> Command Prompt) to start BMP2GFX.BAT. With it you can convert the edited BMP files back to their original GFX format. Use bmp2gfx filename.bmp to convert a file. The new file will automatically replace the old one in the RAW directory.
Step 7: Finally double click on COMPILE.BAT to build the new filesys.dat. The old one will be autamotically backed up.
Step 8: Copy the new filesys.dat file in the Mortal Kombat 4 directory and replace the old one.
Step 9: Start the game.
Step 10: Have Fun.
"I am Goro! General to the armies of Outworld and Prince to the subterrianian realm of Shokahn..."ImageImage
masterowl5000
Mortal

Post by masterowl5000 »

Hi, I understand everything you wrote but only the part of editing the textures with photoshop and pasting them in the view folder, but the part of opening the system symbol and bmp2gfx filename I do not understand, no matter how much I do, I get incorrect commands or even me Error comes out, could you explain that part step by step or better with images or with a video tutorial please, I send you greetings
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Can you may be post an image of the error and the command you execute to get it. It might help figuring our what the exact problem is.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
masterowl5000
Mortal

Post by masterowl5000 »

sir administrator gambid I propose something to you if you convert the file to .gfx what do you think you could do it for me please is that the mk4 strip is not compatible with my new pc what do you think if you convert the file to gfx
masterowl5000
Mortal

Post by masterowl5000 »

Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Post by Noob Cyborg »

send me the bmp files at https://www.facebook.com/bobby.bronek.joint and I will convert them for you in gfx.
"I am Goro! General to the armies of Outworld and Prince to the subterrianian realm of Shokahn..."ImageImage
masterowl5000
Mortal

Post by masterowl5000 »

ready sir administrator I already sent it to you all that remains is for you to do your job thanks for everything
mortaltibor
Mortal

Post by mortaltibor »

Gambid wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:12 pm Can you may be post an image of the error and the command you execute to get it. It might help figuring our what the exact problem is.
same problem i don't know what to write to the command promt to convert bmp to gfx. if it's not a big problem then you could tell me what to write to the command promt to convert bmp to gfx because every time i try ,this error comes out: "BMP2GFX .BAT ”is not recognized as an internal or external command, running program, or batch file. In short I just want to ask what to type on the command promt to convert bmp to gfx.Sorry for my bad english :D
Noob Cyborg
Immortal

Post by Noob Cyborg »

I haven't received anything yet

Return to “Mortal Kombat 4 Enhanced and Strip”