Mortal Kombat Mythologies (New Fanfic)

What's next for this story? (Other than the game that's coming out)

Season 2
20%
Comic Book
20%
Character Side-Stories
40%
Other
20%

Total votes: 5

kadell
Mortal

Mortal Kombat Mythologies (New Fanfic)

Post by kadell »

---Mortal Kombat Mythologies---
(The Mortal Kombat Redemption Prequel)
I have been working on a new Mortal Kombat Fan-Game called Mortal Kombat Redemption for a few months. Progress is a bit slow, but I am commited to finishing the game off as a trilogy. Before I release the game, however, I want to release the background history of my game. Every true fan knows the lore and storylines of everything about Mortal Kombat, but my game's history is alot different from Ed Boon's series. It's not like MK Rebirth or MK Legacy. This new fanfic will show you the history from Onaga's Fall to Shao Kahn's Rise to Power. I've already finished the entire fanfic on Kamidogu and TRMK, but I never got a chance to release it here. So without further ado, here is the first chapter to my fanfic, Mortal Kombat Mythologies.

For thousands of years, Outworld's Leader, Onaga, merged many realms illegally. Although there was no solution to this at the time, Onaga was forced to stop merging the realms. His subordinate, Shao Kahn, also disagreed with his methods for conquering realms. He believed that there was no entertainment in it as all they did was pull the realms together by force without a reason. Shao Kahn knew that he was unable to defeat Onaga alone, so he decided to find the solution to all of his problems. While Shao Kahn traveled the realms, he found many different warriors who were strong enough to fight against Onaga's Army. Before returning to Outworld, Shao Kahn saw a young warrior in Earthrealm who defended his clan from the Lin Kuei. His codename, was Ermac.

Shao Kahn: Hey you. Boy.

Ermac: My names not boy, it's Ermac.

Shao Kahn: Do you know who I am? I could kill you, with a mere though.

Ermac: I'd like to see you try.

Ermac slashes his sword towards the ground causing all of the blood that was on the sword to slide off quick and clean. He pulls his sword up in an offensive position, ready to engage in a battle with Shao Kahn. Shao Kahn grins.

Shao Kahn: Your intent to fight is strong. But why live with such a short lifespan when you can live forever? Would you rather kill 1000s of people, or be killed 1000 times? Would you rather work for a mere mortal for riches, or working for the next powerful Emperor of Outworld?

Ermac lowers his sword and looks at Shao Kahn in confusion.

Ermac: What are you insisting? That I join your clan just so you can kill your current leader?

Shao Kahn: (laughs) I don't own a clan young warrior, I own an entire world. If you join me, I will grant you the power to live forever. You will also own an entire village and create your own clan. All you have to do is kill the current Emperor of Outworld so that I can take over Outworld.

Ermac puts his sword into the ground and smiles while walking past Shao Kahn. He then stops walking and looks to the sky.

Ermac: Ok old man. I'll join you. As long as I can kill whomever I desire to kill.

Shao Kahn smirks.

Shao Kahn: Good. But first, you must gain your immortality. I have the power to give you that immortality.

Ermac: How can you do this when you can't even defeat your own emperor?

Shao Kahn: He can rip my soul out of my body without effort and he has the power to regenerate his army when they die. I don't have that same power, but I can fuse the souls of fallen enemies with your soul, although your soul will still take control over the others.

Ermac: Work your magic. When I see it, I'll believe it.

Shao Kahn: Very well then.

Shao Kahn raises his hand in the air and it begins to glow green. Ermac watches his surroundings as the souls of the fallen Lin Kuei flow around his body. When Shao Kahn points his hand in Ermac's direction, the souls rush into Ermac's body causing his eyes to glowing green without a pupil.

Ermac: Heh, I...we feel powerful, but not immortal.

Shao Kahn swings his hammer against Ermac's head which decapitates it and kills him. However, Ermac's head reforms through his energies from the fused souls. He looks at himself in amazement.

Ermac: So you were right. But why do we feel...different?

Shao Kahn: Because when you die, a soul will take your place in death. The amount souls that you use to regenerate your life decreases each time. You aren't completely immortal, but you are able to come back from death.

Ermac: Alright. So, what are we waiting for? Let's leave. Shouldn't keep the Emperor waiting.

Shao Kahn: Indeed.

Shao Kahn uses his powers to open a portal that leads straight to Onaga's throne room door. He signals Ermac to step through the portal. As they head towards the portal, Ermac asks Kahn one last question.

Ermac: By the way, what is your name?

Shao Kahn enters the portal while bravely saying...

Shao Kahn: I am the most powerful ruler in Outworld. I use to be the subordinate of Onaga until I found my champion from Earthrealm. Who am I you ask?

Both Shao Kahn and Ermac have entered the portal. They've appeared right in the entrance of Onaga's throne room. As they look around the room, they see Onaga and his army, along with Tarkatans and a Shokan named Sheeva. All of a sudden, three more portals appear behind Kahn and Ermac. Appearing from each of those portals from left to right are Ashrah, Shang Tsung, and Reiko.

Shao Kahn: My name is Shao Kahn. And I'm reclaiming this throne.

Onaga stares at Shao Kahn with a surprised look. However, because he knew that his army couldn't die, Onaga was not scared of Shao Kahn and his warriors. Instead, he had anger and hatred in his eyes. Ermac takes a look Onaga and smirks. As he pulls out a kunai, he rushes towards Onaga in a murderous intent. Onaga's men (and in Sheeva's case, women) jump into defensive positions ready to fend off Ermac thus beginning the battle for Onaga's throne.
-----------------------------------
I hope you liked it. The next chapter will be posted either tomorrow or Wednesday. (Chapter 2: Ermac Pt. 2)
Last edited by kadell on Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roboronald10
Master
Side: Light
PSN: KlassicGODZILLA9

Re: Mortal Kombat Mythologies (New Fanfic)

Post by roboronald10 »

Awesome, you should check out our fanfic called Mortal Kombat Apocalypse. It's currently "dead" as of now. The story was started by The Reptile and I. Another user named Hanzo Hizashi has joined in to take the role of Scorpion, but I do intend to still use him (just hope he's ok with that). I'll be honest, I have no idea when it takes place,but if anything, it happens after Armageddon,where the Force of Light win the final battle and Shao Kahn dies. We feature fan-made characters and characters from MK Lore like Belokk. I look forward to the next chapter.
kadell
Mortal

Post by kadell »

Thanks, PM me the link to your fanfic so I can check it out. 
On that note, here's Chapter 2.
----------------------------------------------------
Chapter 2: Ermac (Pt. 2)

As Ermac advances towards Onaga, soldiers attack him by throwing their lances directly towards him. They're efforts were worthless as Ermac dodged all of their lances and begins combat with each of them one by one. When 2 of the soldiers are killed, Ashrah and Reiko enter the battle. While the three of them were engaged in battle, Shao Kahn looks at Shang Tsung in confusion.

Shao Kahn: What are you waiting on Shang Tsung? You're suppose to be fighting as well.

Shang Tsung: You must understand, Shao Kahn, that I've got a special power that even you are familiar with. Just continue to watch that battle while I support our champion from this distance.

Shao Kahn: You better do something Shang Tsung. I didn't make you my subordinate for nothing.

After Ashrah, Ermac, and Reiko kill off most of the soldiers, they focus their attention towards Onaga. However, Baraka and Sheeva intervene with them.

Sheeva: You will not win. Don't think you can just get away with killing the Emperor.

Baraka: Stupid rebels. You dare challenge Onaga's rule?

Shao Kahn: You two, who were once my most trusted allies, are now challenging me? Sheeva, I rescued you and your two favorite bodyguards from the brink of extinction during your war with the centaurs. I remember how you looked up to me when you were a child. And Baraka, I gave you the rank of General over you entire race. You two should be working for me.

Sheeva feels a sad for having to fight against Kahn. Baraka gives his words some though, but realizes that betrayal in unforgivable.

Sheeva: I'm sorry Kahn, but Onaga can't be killed. I'll spare you, but everyone else must die.

Onaga: Kahn, you were a fool. You can't kill my men. Now, let me show you my power!

Most of the killed men are resurrected, but the other men had their souls levitating into the air.

Onaga: What's going on? Why aren't the rest of my men standing?!

Shang Tsung uses his powers to draw the souls of Onaga's army into Ermac, making his power increase. Ermac forces his way through Sheeva and Baraka by using his telekinesis and runs towards Onaga. As Onaga attempts to stand and fight Ermac, he is suddenly frozen.

Onaga: What's going on? Why can't I move?

Ashrah: It looks like it worked. Don't you think...Shao Kahn?

Shao Kahn: So, this is what the Netherealm sorcerers are capable of.*

Onaga: What did you do me?

Ashrah: It's easy. You require your heart to resurrect your army. That can only mean that you are using dark sorcery. My power allows me to disable any dark sorcery that occurs around me at will. Meaning that your heart automatically stops beating. If you're defenseless, you're weak. Shao Kahn is now the Leading power of Outworld.

Ermac jumps in the air with his kunai in his hand. As he is about strike Onaga, he is struck with a deadly blow to his stomach that causes him to have a hole in his chest. Everyone in the room looks surprised at the attack as Ermac's body is slung across the room. Finally, Ermac's body slams on the ground dead. Ashrah stares at Ermac in a scared way.

Ashrah: How could this happen? You shouldn't even be able to move at all. Your heart isn't even beating.

Onaga: My hearts only function is ressurection. If you through your spells could kill me, you were dreaming.

Ermac: And if you though you killed us, you were dreaming.

Onaga: What?!

The hole in Ermac's chest regenerates through his energies. He raises up and dusts himself off.

Ermac: We ran into you on purpose Onaga. We knew you'd attack us. Our energies also gave us the power of detecting the feelings and thoughts of others. Our goal was to hit you with Ashrah's portal kunai that leads straight into the lowest planes of the Netherealm.

A huge portal begins to form behind Onaga. As the portal opens, it begins to drag Onaga in side.

Onaga: No! I can't die! Not at the hands of mortals!

Onaga is almost dragged completely into the Netherealm portal, but before he is completely sucked in, he grabs Ashrah's ankle and drags her in with him.*

Ashrah: No! Ermac! Reiko! Shang Tsung! Shao Kahn! Help!

Ashrah is almost dragged into the portal. Shao Kahn grins as he says…

Shao Kahn: I can't help you, but your gratitude will not go unpaid. Because of you, I've finally understood what my reason for merging realms is.

Ashrah looks surprise after hearing Kahn's response. She takes one last look at Ermac as only her chest and up are still visible. Ermac looks at Ashrah and puts his hands near hers.

Ermac: You...do not belong here.

Ashrah is heartbroken by Ermac's response and looks at him angrily as he uses his telekinesis to force her into the portal. Before the portal closes, Onaga's voice is heard.

Onaga: I will return to reclaim my throne. I can't be killed! I am…Onaga!!!

The portal finally shuts as Ermac walks towards Shao Kahn.

Ermac: So, what next?

Shao Kahn: We use my new solution to merging realms. We could build our armies with each world's inhabitants. We won't force the realms to join us. Instead, we will do it through fighting. And to prevent the other realms from starting a war against us, we will do these fights in a formal fashion. To win, the opposing team's champion must kill our champion and defeat me or Shang Tsung in combat. If we lose, we must avoid fighting them for 500 years. If we win, however, we will get to merge their realm with ours.

Ermac: We can do this, but what will we call this tournament?

Shao Kahn: It's a tournament about mortals fighting each other in combat. How about we call it "Mortal Combat."

Ermac: It sounds great, but I know how we can make the name better. Since you made up the tournament, why don't we change the name to "Mortal Kombat." The only difference is to change the "C" to a "K" representing the first letter in your last name.

Shao Kahn: Then it's settled. We will call it "Mortal Kombat!"

And thus, the Mortal Kombat Tournaments have been the only legal way for Shao Kahn to Merge other realms with Outworld. All realms that disagreed to the tournaments were forced to merge as they denied the new law of that elder lords that forces them to give Kahn the chance of merging realms with them as it would increase peace between the realms. Kahn's rule was great until he began to get greedy with his power. Instead of claiming realms peacefully, he now Sends his army into the realms to kill those who denied his Mortal Kombat Tournaments. Ermac continued to live in Outworld as Shao Kahn's champion. He forgot to claim his village and never created his own clan. Reiko became the General of Shao Kahn's Army. Sheeva and Baraka lived with the same ranks they had before Onaga's incarceration. Ashrah was never found and her depts were never paid. It's been 100 years since Shao Kahn became emperor of Outworld. Now he sets his sights on a new realm.

Shao Kahn: Alright Ermac. Prepare yourself. In the Morning, we will be having our next tournament in the realm of "Zaterra."
----------------------------------
I hope you liked it.
(Next-Chapter 3: Reptile)
Gambid
Elder God
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Great work. I also posted a link on facebook so that more people could learn about it.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
kadell
Mortal

Post by kadell »

Thank you, Gambid. Much appreciated. Also, I read MK Apocalypse. Its cool, and the way you all wrote the fanfic was pretty neat too. I enjoyed reading it.
Anyways, here's Chapter 3.
-----------------------------------------------------
Chapter 3: Reptile

Years ago, Raiden and Shinnok were at war for possession of Earthrealm. Although Raiden defeated him, he sent Earthrealm into the dark ages. This caused all of the Saurians to flee to a realm called Zaterra. It started out as a peaceful realm, at least until Shao Kahn appeared. I am Khameleon. I'll start from the beginning where I was talking with the Queen of Zaterra in her palace.

Khameleon walks into the Queen's palace in fear about the events to come.

Khameleon: Please Kre, we must allow everyone to flee to another realm. Zaterra won't be safe anymore. Not while Shao Kahn's invitation is in effect.

Kreeya: Fear not,there is no need for us to flee when we still have warriors who will be strong enough to fight. And please address me as "Miss," baby sister.

Khameleon: I know you're royalty now, but I just can't get use to calling you Miss.*

Kreeya: It would have been me saying Miss if you would have studied your royalty letters.

Khameleon: That not important right now. What will we tell the people? They won't accept this.

Kreeya: Tell them nothing. Gather 6 of our greatest warriors. Make sure our friend Reptile is included in that 6 as well.

Khameleon: Yes ma'am.

And so I went out and searched for our greatest warriors. When they got word of Shao Kahn's tournament, they declined fighting against him. Surprisingly though, Reptile still accepted the challenge. But he was just one man and he was also injured from an attack by members of the Lucust Clan. Being part of the royal family has made me unable to participate. I just pray that we win.

It is now the next day, and we've accepted Kahn's tournament. The only people present were Shao Kahn, his general, his champion, Shang Tsung, me, Kre, Reptile, and the Zaterrian Counsel. Kahn began the Tournament.

Shao Kahn: Alright Queen, it's been 5 minutes since I've finished my speech. Where are the rest of your warriors?

Kreeya: Reptile is the only warrior brave enough to challenge you. He will fight all of your warriors.

Shao Kahn was indeed very angry at the fact of us only having one warrior for the Tournament, but for some unusual reason, he simply smiled and said...

Shao Kahn: Since you only have one warrior, I'll allow him to fight only one match against my champion. ERMAC! Get out there!

Ermac: Don't rush us.

Reptile: I don't know how I'll survive, but I can atleast try to fight him.

Khameleon: Relax Reptile. I won't let him kill you. You can beat him.

Reptile stepped into the ring as Ermac arrived at the ring. They both look towards each other with high tension, waiting for Kahn's new line.

Shao Kahn: FIGHT!!!

Reptile speeds past Ermac in less than a second. Ermac was surprised at how fast Reptile could move, even when he was injured. As Ermac begins to turn his head, he is elbowed in the face by Reptile. His body begins to soar across the field, but was still in reach for Reptile to grab his leg and prepare to strike him dead. Ermac realises that regeneration will cost atleast 3 souls while ressurection would cost 8 souls. He decided to use his sword to cut off his own leg, which allows his body to travel across the arena. As Reptiles looks at Ermac in an unsuprising manner, he tosses the severed leg in the air as it erodes into dust. Ermac's leg begins to regenerate.

Reptile: Rrrrhh. Dark Sorcery. I fought a sorcerer of the Netherealm once who could disable dark sorcery. To bad for her, I didn't use dark sorcery. Beware her if you ever see her. If she disables your power to contain those souls, you can lose control of your thoughts and eventually die.

Ermac gets a vision of Ashrah in his mind. He decides to disarm himself and use his telekinesis to levitate his sword. Reptile continues to stare at Ermac. Ermac finally forces his sword towards Reptile. It was 3 feet in front of Reptile in less than a second. Reptile simply moved his head to the side as the sword scraped the top of his shoulder. The sword then hits a large boulder which splits in half and crumbles to pieces. Reptile's skin was hardened, so the sword didn't harm him. Reptile then rushes towards Ermac. He spits acid on his hands and swings his arms towards Ermac. Ermac was still hit by a few of Reptile's attacks, but his energies healed all of his injuries. As Reptile prepares to use his final blow, Ermac's sword returns from the rubble and flies toward Reptile. Reptile dodges the sword and it pierces Ermac instead. He pulled the sword out of his body, which heals, and swings it simultaneously at Reptile in at fast pace. Reptile dodges most of the attacks and uses his hard skin to block the other attacks. Ermac finally uses his telekinesis to move his own body at fast speeds. He forces himself towards Reptile as Reptile runs toward Ermac. They both collide and blood splatters between both of them. Reptile moves back with his hand coming out of Ermac's stomach. Acid and blood dripped from Reptiles hand and Ermac fell dead on the ground.

Khameleon: I can't believe it. He actually won. Reptile saved our realm!

Kreeya: I know he could do it.

Shao Kahn: Reptile Wins. FATALITY!!!

All of the counsel member were filled with joy. Ermac returned from the dead, but the acid caused him to need a large amount of souls to fully resurrect and regenerate himself. Reptile won, but for some odd reason, Shao Kahn laughed.

Khameleon: What's so funny?

Shao Kahn: Your men should have joined this tournament as well.

Over 100 large portals hovered around our realm. We knew that something went wrong. But we didn't know what happened.
Thats the end of this chapter. Expect a new one this weekend.
(Upcoming-*Chapter*4: Khameleon)
kadell
Mortal

Post by kadell »

Chapter 4: Khameleon

As everyone in Zaterra looked at the sky filled with portals, thousands of soldiers fell from the sky. Although Kahn's Army was large and fierce, the armies of Zaterra prepared themselves for war. Kahn began to speak.

Shao Kahn: The laws of the Elder Lords clearly state that at least 1 fighter from your realm must fight in the tournament. You've disobeyed that ruled by foolishly using Reptile as a warrior for you battle.

Khameleon: None of us were born in Zaterra except some of the children.

Shao Kahn: It's still legal to have other realms fight for your Realm's freedom. The difference is that Reptile was actually born in Outworld.

Khameleon: How? I though my mother said his family fled to a realm near Edenia.

Shao Kahn: You should have asked for the name of the realm. Now Reptile, what will you do about this?

Kreeya: Don't fall under his influence Reptile. He only wants to use you for his army.

Reptile's mind goes into a blank state after he realizes that Zeterra would be taken by Kahn because of him. Many topics circled around his mind. He didn't do anything but breathe. But then, he suddenly had only one thing in mind, a word heard before.

Reptile: FIGHT!!!

Everyone looked at Reptile in confusion. They didn't understand why he said what he said.

Reptile: Did you all hear me? FIGHT! Kill each other off until only one side wins.

Kreeya: Reptile, why would we do this?

Reptile looks at Kreeya in a rage. In one second, he pierced his hand through her heart. I was shocked at the fact that my sister's long time best friend actually killed her without hesitation.

Kreeya: Agh.  *heavy breathing* Why...why are you doing this?

Although all of Reptiles memories before the tournament were faded away, he still felt sad that he just killed his best friend.

Kreeya: I...loved...you...

Khameleon: KRE!!!

Saurian councilor: He just killed the Queen. Reptile has became a traitor. We have no choice but to fight.

Before Reptile's memories completely vanished, his soul felt relieved when he heard Kre's final words. Now that Reptile's words were clarified, our soldiers attacked. They came from all directions and used the battle as a distraction to allow everyone to somehow evacuate Zaterra. We only had 1 portal that would lead to Earthrealm, and it was at my Mother's old castle. The one I used as a last resort battle tower. As they fought, Reptile slaughtered the entire counsel and hundreds of Zaterrian residents.

Khameleon: Reptile, please stop!

My words were like a whisper in the wind to Reptile. He didn't even look at me. All he did was kill anyone who fought against Kahn. It was like he became a double agent years ago. He completely sided with Shao Kahn. It seems that merging realms with Outworld has an affect on the other realm. As if he could take something from the realm and claim it as his own. I couldn't bear to stay. I decided to flee Zaterra instead of using my battle tower against Kahn. If I would have tried to kill Kahn when I had the chance, I would only get myself killed by Reptile just like he killed my sister. I didn't get the chance to mourn the death of my sister nor did I get a chance to get help. In the Aftermath of the battle, we lost almost every member of the saurian race. The others are either slaves or hiding somewhere. Zaterra had permanently became Outworld. Ermac found me before I escaped. For some reason, he decided to let me go. He told me that he had absorbed every dead warrior's soul, but he allowed my sister's soul to peacefully enter Heaven. He said that Outworld would merge 5 more realms before attempting to overtake a realm that is said to be connected to the Elder Lords' tower of elements. I decided to go into hiding until I can find a way to recapture Zaterra. Who knows? I just might finally get to be called Miss.
That's all for chapter 4.
(Upcoming - Chapter 5: Lin Kuei: Pt. 1)
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

This is going really well, nice work :)
I Rule This World!

kadell
Mortal

Post by kadell »

Thanks, Gambit. And here is chapter 5.
---------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 5: Lin Kuei (Pt. 1)

A few years have passed since Kahn destroyed Zaterra. His Army grew rapidly and he was finally ready to take on the realm of Edenia. Before we even get to that point, we're going to take you to Earthrealm. During the year that Ermac joined Outworld, his clan, the Shirai Ryu, was said to be in a deep hibernation that allowed the previous members to live longer and still look like they did years. The leader of the clan was said to be lead by someone who left the Lin Kuei, but the true leader is still unknown. Let us begin with a day where the Lin Kuei begin their new training program. The Lin Kuei Grandmaster sits on his outdoor throne as the members of the Lin Kuei are standing around a huge empty area directly in front of the Grandmaster. Standing next to the Grandmaster are Sector and Hydro on the right and Noob and Frost on the left. Sector wore his normal combat attire. Hydro wore his old Lin Kuei attire instead of the new uniform he was issued. Noob wore his new, black attire and mask. * Frost wore her long, black hair down instead of in a pony tail, and she maintains a darkish skin tone. She wore her special made Lin Kuei attire and was proud to see that her sister, Shelia, would be the second female to join the Lin Kuei. Today was the day that 2 new trainees would have to fight each other to determine which of them would officially join the Lin Kuei. The Trainees were Kuai Lang, Noob's brother, and Shelia, Frost's sister. They entered the middle of the floor and got into their offensive stances. Tension aroused, and the grandmaster begin the battle.

Grandmaster: FIGHT!!!

Shelia ran up to Kuai and attempted a roundhouse kick. Kuai blocks it a sends a couple punches and kicks in Shelia's direction. She is hit by one of the Kicks, but she shook it off and continued with some punches and kicks of her own. Kuai is hit a few times, but he ends her combo with a sweep. She picks herself back up and throws another set of punches at Kuai. After her 5th punch she kicks him in the leg and hits him with a backflip kick to finish the combo. Frost wanted to cheer her sister on, but showing feelings is a sign of weakness to the Lin Kuei. Kuai picks himself back up.

Grandmaster: You two are now able to use your powers in the final match if needed.

Frost: You do know that my subordinate---

Grandmaster: Silence! That is none of my concern. You knew that she didn't learn any powers before you signed her up.

Shelia was tired and she tried to stop him early by doing a flip kick in the air. Kuai blocks her attack and flips her over. She attempts to stand back up, but he freezes her hands to the ground.

Grandmaster: Kuai Lang wins. You will now be recognized as Subzero. Everyone is dismissed.

As everyone begins leaving, Subzero breaks the ices that binds Shelia's hands. He attempts to help her up, but she knocks his hand out of the way and picks herself up.

Subzero: You still have many chances to prove yourself to the Grandmaster.

Shelia: I don't need your sympathy, Subzero.

Smoke: Shelia!

Shelia looks at Smoke in rage. She turns her head and walks out of the room.

Frost: She really wanted to join the Lin Kuei. Years ago, our grandfather died at the hands of the Shirai Ryu leader. He killed over 100 men by himself. Our father was also killed by a group of Shirai Ryu members in our home. She wanted revenge, and that's how she ended up here. She will get over it. I'll go talk to her.

Sector: You won't be able to do that.

The Frost, Noob, Smoke, and Subzero looked back and saw Sector. He had a serious look on his face.

Sector: We have been assigned to a new task. And you have been assigned a special task as well, Frost.

Frost: What did you do with Shelia.

Sector: Not what did I do, what did she do. She just fled away and left a note saying that she is joining the Shirai Ryu.

Frost: I have to go---

Sector: You can't. You've been assigned to deliver a gift to a merchant.

Frost was upset after hearing Sector's response.

Noob Saibot: Don't worry, we will bring her back safely. We're assigned to get a map that leads to the temple of elements. If we see Shelia on the way, we'll rescue her.

Frost smiled a little. She grabbed the gift and ran out the room.

Subzero: So who's assigned to this mission?

Sector: All of us including Cyrax.

Noob Saibot: Alright, let's go.

They all set off to the Shaolin Temple of the west. After 10 minutes, they arrived there.

Cyrax: I never knew this temple was so close.

Sector: Quiet! If they are sleep, we can easily sneak in.

All of them hopped into a nearby open window and entered the castle. They roamed the castle quietly while searching for the map. After a few minutes, they find a huge room in which the map was sitting on a post stand directly in front of them.

Sector: There's the map. Grab it so that we can go.

As Smoke walks toward the map, Subzero realizes that something was wrong.

Subzero: Have you all realized that this place was vacant the whole time?

Noob Saibot: Your right. Where have they vanished off to?

Smoke was only 3 feet away from the map, but he was interrupted as a mysterious figure came from the air and kicked him in the face sending him flying back. The others went into there defensive positions.

Sector: I don't know who you are, but no one challenges the Lin Kuei.

As Smoke picks himself up, the shadowy figure stood firmly. It is revealed that the shadowy figure was actually Ashrah, who hand a very serious look on her face.
That's all for this chapter. About 6 more chapters, and this entire saga will be finished.
(Next-Chapter 6: Lin Kuei Pt. 2)
kadell
Mortal

Post by kadell »

Chapter 6: Lin Kuei Pt. 2

Subzero: There's no need for us to fight. We only want the map. 

Ashrah: I know what you want. I have also been tasked with this job, along with my partner Scorpion. His whereabouts are unknown for now, so I guess I'll just fight you all myself. 

Ashrah made a devious grin. All of them were shocked to see that a female was actually accepted into the Shirai Ryu. They were also confused as of why the Shirai Ryu needed the map.

Smoke: I don't like fighting women, but that kick you did earlier hurts. So let's see if you can handle this.

Smoke vanishes in a cloud of smoke. Ashrah was unsurprised and stood firm. She had a serious look on her face. In an instant, Smoke appeared behind Ashrah and attempted to swing his fist across the back of her head. Before the punch could actually connect, Ashrah slightly moved her body to the side. He missed her and stumbled fowarded, almost falling. However, when his body passed by Ashrah, she did an upward kick into his chest. The impact caused him to fall to his knees while holding his chest in pain.

Ashrah: Ha, steel boots. These were made specially for me. So strong that it can kick the voice out of you, as you can see with your friend there.

Ashrah points her finger in Smoke's direction. He's screaming with pain, but the screams are really silent (and that is the only reason his cries didn't get him kicked out of the Lin Kuei). Subzero grew angry.

Subzero: You've messed with the wrong people.

Subzero runs up to Ashrah and swings his fist towards her 2 times, but she dodged both. Noob jumps over Subzero and attempts to use a jump kick on Ashrah, she dodges the attack. He sends a punch straight towards her, which yet again she dodges it. Noob manipulated the darkness to create a clone of himself. The clone sends a series of punches and kicks in Ashrah's direction. She dodges most of the attacks and blocks the rest. She dispels Noob's clone (since it was made by dark sorcery) and kicks Noob in his right arm, causing it to break. Subzero attempts to attack Ashrah again as he runs in her direction. Unfortunately, he is stopped as a mysterious figure appears behind the entrance to their room. A long harpoon stabs Subzero through his back and reappears in the front left of his chest.

Voice: GET OVER HERE!!!

Noob Saibot recognized the voice. He knew that it was Scorpion. Subzero is pulled out of the room and the door shuts behind him.

Ashrah: Just in time.

Cyrax couldn't stand back and watch as she defeated them one by one. He activates a bomb and throws it towards Ashrah. She grabs the bomb and crushes it with her bare hand, defusing the bomb in the process. Cyrax is shocked, but he didn't quit. He ran towards her and sent a series of punchs in her direction, but she dodges them all. She sends a quick kick into Cyrax's left leg. Sector was angered at the fact that they had lost against the Shirai Ryu. He got into an offensive position.

Ashrah: How's your father doing?

Sector: You speak of him as if you were his equal.

Ashrah: I am his equal. Has he ever told you that I defeated him in battle before?

Sector: He never lost to a female. He told me it was the leader of the Shirai Ryu who defeated him in a battle once. He said that your leader used a cheap trick.

Ashrah: I knew he wouldn't tell you the whole truth.

Sector: I want to know why your leader killed all of those men years ago.

Ashrah smile lightly as she realized that he was confused.

Ashrah: It was a man named Ermac. I game him that codename because he was mistakenly accepted into the Shirai Ryu. He never planned on joining the Shirai Ryu, he was only trying to kill me. He was the second and last man to defeat me. He killed all of those men years ago. After he completed that assignment, he vanished. I too have vanished and put my entire clan into a deep hibernation.

Sector: Impossible! You mean...

Ashrah: Yes. I am the true leader of the Shirai Ryu. Your father lied becaused he didn't want to admit that he was actually defeated by a women. We made a bet that I would have the guts to tell you before he would. Now he has to live the next 24 hours with a brain freeze.

Sector: Then what is Ermac? It was said that he was the leader of the Shirai Ryu. My grandfather was the one who said that he left the Lin Kuei to start his own clan.

Ashrah: Are you stupid? I just said that I'm the founder. Ermac was only the co-leader. I allowed him to act the official leader as long as he kept my identity a secret. It's tiresome when everyone you see is trying to fight you when they realize things happen because of you. Ermac was my best fighter. Now he's my worst enemy. I'm assuming that the client who requested this map was a gray bald man?

Sector: Correct.

Ashrah: If you all would, follow my lead. We'll take this map together.

Sector: He promised me that he'd eliminate you clan from existence if we gave him the map.

Ashrah: Yet, I'm in the mood to be grateful and prevent him from eliminating your clan from existence. As you can tell, I'm stronger than your entire clan, so the map is actually mine. Do you really want to pass this offer?

Sector: I would never...

Smoke: Do as she says. She just activated some kind of healing spell.

Cyrax: She has shown us all mercy.

Noob Saibot: Just face it Sector. We can't defeat her.

Sector was angry, but he knew that they were right.

Sector: Fine. Let's give him the map together.

Ashrah: Good.

And so, Ashrah took and map and walked out of the door. Sector and the others followed.

Ashrah: Alright Scorpion, you can spare him...(low tone) for now.

Scorpion was standing over Subzero, who was laying on his back. Scorpion had his sword in a stabbing position that was only a half an inch near Subzero's head. He pulls the sword away from Subzero and walks alongside Ashrah as he puts his sword away.

Scorpion: How pathetic.

Ashrah: (So, when will this war of ours begin...Quan Chi?)
End of this chapter. I hope you liked it.
(Next-Chapter 7: Shirai Ryu)
kadell
Mortal

Post by kadell »

Chapter 7: Shirai Ryu

Some things in the universe should always be kept a secret. Years ago, the realms were made into one realm. The only living beings were God, the Elder Lords, Lucifer, and the One Being. The One Being was the first existing life force in the realm. However, he challenged the Elder Lords and was defeated. God punished him by transforming his soul into a relic known as a Kamidogu. To ensure that he never returns, God split the realm into many different realms. The Kamidogu was also split into 7 different parts and spread across different realms. So far, only three of those parts of the relic were found. One is being held by the sorcerer Shang Tsung. The second one is held by the Emporer Shao Kahn. The third part is being held by a certain man who allied himself with a fallen Elder God.

Minutes after there standoff, Ashrah, Scorpion, and the Lin Kuei members headed back to the Lin Kuei grounds. Before they reach their destination, they are stopped by a bald gray man. They realized that it was the man who gave them their assignment.

Ashrah: Ah, Quan Chi. I see you've arrived.

Quan Chi: Why are both clans here? I thought only one of you would be bringing me the map.

Sector clears his throat and begins to speak.

Sector: We have encountered each other during our assignment for retrieving this map. We've realized that you've assigned them the same mission and reward.

Quan Chi: Yes. I gave you both this mission knowing that you'd encounter each other. If the Shirai Ryu would have failed the assignment, I would need the Lin Kuei to succeed.

Ashrah: The point is that we've decided to bring this map together so that neither clan would get destroyed.

Quan Chi: That was not the deal. Only the clan that retrieved the map will be spare.

Subzero: But we both brought the map, so doesn't that mean we both get spared?

Quan Chi: NO! Only one of you of you can give me the map.

Smoke: What if Ashrah hands you the map and we take the map out of your hand and give it back to you. Can we get both clans spared then?

Quan Chi: NO NO NO NO NO! ARE YOU ALL A BUNCH OF FOOLS?

Ashrah: Is that a trick question or were you being serious?

Quan Chi: FOR THE LAST TIME, ONLY ONE OF YOUR CLANS WILL SURVIVE! NOT BOTH!

Ashrah: But we both want to survive. What does our reward have to do with you?

Quan Chi was frustrated. He had a very angry look on his face. He looked at Ashrah as she looked at him.

Quan Chi: Fine, both of you will live to see the moon. JUST GO!

Quan Chi left the area and was never seen again.

Sector: Thank you for your kindness, now we shall be on our way. Also, mention this to no one.

Ashrah: Alright. See you around.

Sector was about to walk off, but he was stopped by Ashrah. She pulled out an orb that contained fire and handed it to Sector.

Ashrah: I wasn't kidding about your father having a brain freeze for 24 hours. Give him this and he should be able to atleast think straight.

Sector took the orb and departed towards their base. Meanwhile, Scorpion had returned to the Shirai Ryu temple. Some of the members were engaged in combat with a young girl. She fended them off, but she was tiring herself out quickly.

Scorpion: Enough!

All of the ninjas had stopped and backed away from the girl. She turned out to be Shelia.

Scorpion: What is your name? And why are you here?

Shelia: I am Shelia. I've come to join this clan.

Scorpion: Aren't you the sister of the Lin Kuei warrior named Frost? How do I know you aren't a spy?

Shelia: The Lin Kuei didn't accept me, so I've chosen to join the Shirai Ryu. Under one condition.

Scorpion: You come into the temple of the Shirai Ryu, cause a disturbance, and come from the Lin Kuei, and now you want to make demands?

Shelia: I wanted to joined the Lin Kuei so that I may Kill the man who killed my father years ago.

Scorpion: You fool, he has left the Shirai Ryu years ago and is our current enemy. He is too powerful for you to even---

A member of the Shirai Ryu busts through the door and interrupts Scorpion.

Shirai Ryu Messenger: Sir, a large army of Lin Kuei warriors are heading this way with swords and Armor.

Scorpion: There's no way they could have made it here that quick. I just saw them a minute ago.

Shirai Ryu Messenger: I've also gotten reports that Ashrah was with the army.

Scorpion: What? Why would our leader betray her own clan?

Shirai Ryu Messenger: She was the leader? You mean to tell me that all these years, we've been getting orders from a fe---

The messenger was cut off, literally, by a warrior from the Lin Kuei. Scorpion quickly killed the warrior and gave his men an order to defend the Temple. As everyone scrambled out and about, Shelia ran towards Scorpion to receive orders.

Shelia: What should I do?

Scorpion: You are too young for this kind of action. However, if you want to help, then stay by my side.

Shelia: Alright.

Scorpion and Shelia ran outside to view the situation. When they both left the door, 3 female assassins attacked Shelia. However, another Female figure protected Shelia by creating a thick wall of ice to block the attacks from the 3 assassins. Shelia had a big smile on her face. She realized that the figure was none other than her big sister, Frost.

Frost: Surprise. I bet you didn't expect me.

Scorpion: Why would you betray your own clan just to save your---

Shelia: Sister! What are you doing here?

Frost: Sector told me that you planned on joining the Shirai Ryu, and I couldn't stop you.

Shelia: So you disobeyed the rules just to rescue me?

Frost: No. I came here to prevent these warriors from attacking the Lin Kuei like they're doing to you all now. The woman known as Ashrah gave Sector an orb that was used to cool off the Grandmaster's brain freeze. However, that orb is actually a portal that will lead straight to our location.

Scorpion: Wait, if these warriors aren't Lin Kuei, who are they?

Frost: I don't know, but whoever they are, they want both of our clans dead.

Scorpion had remembered what Quan Chi said earlier about allowing both clans to "live to see the moon."

Scorpion: (So it was our client Quan Chi who set this up. Ashrah must have been working with him for a while.)

Shelia: Alright. I'll stop that woman from creating the portal.

Frost: But you can't...alright. Take this with you.

Frost gives her sister a ring with a blue diamond attached to it.

Frost: If that ice breaks, that means I'm dead. Good Luck.

Shelia: Alright. This is for our clans.

Scorpion: Let's go Shelia.

Scorpion departed and ran towards the area Ashrah was stationed. Shelia followed him. Frost got into a defensive stance as her ice pillar fell apart. The 3 assassins stood in a non-violent pose.

Sareena: Look who we have here. A female harlot from the Lin Kuei who couldn't keep her pants up. So they sent you here to finally dispose of you.

Jakaata: They've wasted their time trying to allow you to prevent the events to come, but no one is safe.

Kia: You won't have to be the Lin Kuei's pet anymore when the brotherhood of shadow finish you off. We'll drag your corpse over to Quan Chi and let him torture your soul for eternity. Death and destruction is the only thing you will see throughout your entire life.

Sareena: You are pathetic. Just like your little sister.

They all laughed. Frost was angered by their remarks and they're laughter, but said nothing. Elsewhere, Scorpion and Shelia are trapped in an area full of warriors. Scorpion was furious. Shelia was calm and prepared to fight. Among the warriors were their former boss, Ashrah, and the man who caused the entire thing, Quan Chi. Quan Chi had a large grin.

Quan Chi: HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
Sorry for the long wait. I will inform you that this part of the fanfic will not continue until the tenth chapter.
(Next-Chapter 8: Rain)
kadell
Mortal

Post by kadell »

Chapter 8: Rain

The invasion of the Brotherhood of Shadow was not the only war to occur during this time. We will put that war on hold for now and take the story to a realm called Edenia. This was the most peaceful realm in the Universe. They've only had one war which was against a bunch of rebels who wanted power. Today, they will begin their last war, as they have decline Shao Kahn's tournament. Little did they know that the only way they could win the war was with the help of the Elder Lords. However, their declining of the tournament is defiance to the Elder Lords as they are unbiased about those who declines Kahn's tournaments. We will begin with the resistance force that is being led by a man named Lokke. In that resistance is also the son of a royal ambassador that lives in Edenia. His name in battle was Rain.*

Lokke: Alright men, Shao Kahn should be on his way. We only have one goal: Defend our home. We have the largest army in all of the realms. We have the Elder Lords on our side. And we also have us. Now, we need to wait---

Rain: We need to wait? This Outworld Emperor is on his way with a large army which may appear at anytime, and you want us to wait? What about a strategy? What about using some battlefield tactics for defending our realm?

Lokke: Rain, restrain yourself. King*Jerrod*has made me the commander of the resistance.

Rain: And as a commander, you are suppose to think of a battle strategy. I would suggest that we split into 4 groups lead by you, Raskal, Tesla, and I.

Lokke: We will not use such impetuous actions. If we split up, that would only weaken our defenses.

Rain: They are not coming in from the gates. This man sent his subordinate to our realm by some kind of portal, and the first place he stepped foot was in front of the Throne of King Jerrod.*

Lokke: Jerrod forces are defending the castle inside and out. They won't be able to kill Jarrod without fighting them.

Rain: But everyone else in Edenia will be killed. We need to use a strategy.

Lokke: No! We will not split up and that's final! As your commander, you will obey me.

Rain: Then I guess you're no longer my commander. Anyone who wants to defend Edenia the right way, come to my side.

Around 14 others joined Rain including Tesla and Raskal. The other 27 stayed with Lokke.

Lokke: I hope you all know that rising against my orders is treason, and you will be severely punished.

Rain: Edenia's safety comes first. Raskal, lead your group east of here. That way, you could keep Lokke's team alive.Tesla, Lead your group north of here. You may have to take more heat if they appear from the middle. My group will defend the border of the gate. Even though the west will be open, it is less likely for them to attack from the west. Good Luck everyone.

Everyone did as Rain said and went into there positions. Lokke made a slight grin. Time had passed, and Rain grew anxious. Suddenly, a large number of portals, enough to darken the skies, appeared in the air.

Raskal: That's a large number of portals.

Tesla: I hope this plan works.

Rain: Finally, Kahn has arrived.

Kahn's army rained above Edenia. Their efforts were futile as the soldiers from Edenia killed most of them before they even touched the ground. The other Outworld soldiers came from all directions. They attacked us one gate at a time. My team was on the 3rd border waiting for Kahn's army to attempt an attack. Just as the Outworld Soldiers made it to the 3rd border, Rain drew out his 2 katana blades.

Rain: ATTACK!!!

Rain hopped off the border and dived towards the Outworld soldiers. His squad had done the same as they took out their swords, spears, and axes. When they reached there prey, they killed it. Rain had combined his water abilities with his sword attacks to make the fight much easier. Elsewhere, a large number of soldiers attacked from the west. They were being led by Reiko, who decided to be on the front lines.

Reiko: Kill everyone over 15 years old, this is coming from the Emperor himself. Leave none of them alive. Last but not least...

Reiko looked to the top of the tower.

Reiko: Do not kill Queen Sindel.

Reiko's soldiers believed that they had the upper hand. However, many of them got killed by a huge fireball. Reiko looked behind himself, only to see that Raskal and his group had arrived.

Reiko: Wait, I though you were ordered to defend the East?

Raskal: You though wrong. Rain planned out this attack strategy for me years ago. He knew that I can only see everything in the world backwards. For me, east is west and north is south. He uses this to keep spies from knowing our plan, and it seems it worked.

Reiko: Impressive. But what about you partner, Tesla? Is she going the opposite direction too?

Raskal: No. She's in just the right position.

Tesla's team was at all four conners of King*Jerrod's*Castle grounds. Tesla stood at the very top in the middle of the Castle. She saw that Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung entered the heavily guarded castle. Before the war begin,*Jerrod*told her to use a spell that would keep Shao Kahn inside the Castle grounds so that he wouldn't escape.

Tesla: Hm. It's time...Kanin no Mai.

Tesla pressed her hand onto the the ground as her squad reached their hands toward the castle. A large, violet barrier began to form around the castle. Shao Kahn looked around, but was unsurprised.

Shao Kahn: Ah, a barrier to keep everyone inside. How will this make anything better? Each casualty just increases the power of my champion.

Shang Tsung: Ready to claim the throne, Shao Kahn?

Shao Kahn: Let's make this quick.

???: I don't think so.

Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung looked ahead of themselves, only to see that it was King*Jerrod*and his men.

Jerrod: As long as your champion is outside this barrier, you are powerless.

Shao Kahn: Heh we'll see about that.

At the third border, Rain's team proved to be victorious. Their joy soon vanished as Lokke came unto them.

Rain: Do you see how a real leader works now?

Lokke: Heh. I guess you were right. As a matter of fact, We know you're right.

Lokke begins to glow green. The souls of thousands of dead soldiers began to shift towards him. Rain was confused.

Rain: What's going on?

Lokke: Lokke was the man you knew yesterday. We killed him and took his soul. Our soul collection counts up to the millions. We are powerful enough to transform our physical being into the body of one of our other souls contained within us. We learned about your strategy and used that to our advantage. Most of Outworld's inhabitants are dead because of you, and We've collected their souls to make us stronger. It's over for you. We are Ermac.

Lokke completely transformed and it is revealed that he was actually Ermac.

Rain: You don't scare me. I will kill you.

Back at the castle, King Jerrod's*men were killed by Shao Kahn.*Jerrod*sent a series of sword attacks in Kahn's direction. However, Kahn easily block*Jerrod's*attacks with his armbands. Shao Kahn sent a violent punch into*Jerrod's*face, knocking*Jerrod*down.

Shao Kahn: Isn't this unfortunate. The King of Edenia lost to the Outworld Emperor.

Shao Kahn drew out his hammer and raised it in the air.

Shao Kahn: Where is your queen? I need*to claim her so that our realms can merge.

Jerrod: Too bad for you...she's not even here.

Shao Kahn lowered his hammer in confusion and anger.

Shao Kahn: WHAT?!! WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE'S NOT HERE?!!

Jerrod: Heh...I sent her away from the castle, she should be near the exit to this realm.

Sindel and Her guards stood near the third border and saw Ermac preparing to battle rain.

Sindel: Watch my daughter. I'm going to end this.
That's all for this chapter. 3 more chapters left.
(Next-Chapter 9: Sindel)
kadell
Mortal

Post by kadell »

Chapter 9: Sindel

Sindel stood on the top of the border with her hands on her waist. She bore a purple and black, sleeveless spandex suit. Her hair flowed long and white as snow as it stopped near her ankles. It had a large, black stripe the appears in the middle. Sindel hopped off the border and dropped to the ground. She had made a slight grin as she looked at Ermac. Rain looked at her in relief. He believed that with her help, Ermac won't stand a chance against them both.

Sindel: Rain, that applies to you too. I can't risk anyone getting their souls absorbed in him. He is already too powerful.

Rain: But my lady, I can help you greatly. If he can die by being killed enough times, then we can kill him millions of times over.

Sindel: I tell you what. If I die, you and everyone here can attack him. He will die one way or another.

Rain was disappointed with her response, but he knew she had a plan that would save Edenia, even without the Elder Lords' help.

Rain: Alright.

Ermac: I possess enough souls to create an Army. Do you really believe you can win?

Sindel: You will lose. No more words. FIGHT!!!

Ermac enters his offensive position as Sindel runs in his direction. She hops in the air and uses a leg drop attack on Ermac. He blocks her attack, but her leg was used to move his arms away from his abdomen. She lands her other foot on the ground for a split second and sends a knee charge into his abdomen. As his body goes through the air, she executes a quick flip dash a few yards in front of his flying body. She stops his movement by using one hand to touch the top of his head. She gets a quick grip around his head and slams it into the ground. His dismantled face begins to regenerate through his energies. Sindel stomps her foot through his back causing him to get killed. As she pulls her foot out, he begins to regenerate. He uses his telekinesis to force Sindel away from him. Sindel lands on her feet and hops into a defensive position. Ermac rises up from the ground with parts of his mask torn and a large hole in the front and back of his upper attire.

Ermac: I let you attack me as a warm-up. Now it's time to get serious.

Ermac used his telekinesis to levitate Sindel into the air. As she rises, he begins to smile. However, his smile disappears as she used her hair to attack him. He had no idea that her hair could stretch that far away. She wraps her hair around Ermac to subdue him. She then spikes her hair all around Ermac causing a death trap to kill Ermac. His energies attempt to reform around him, but her hair intervenes. He uses his telekinesis to create a soul shield that forced her hair away from his body as he regenerates.

Rain: She's doing better than I though.

Ermac sends a violent force push towards Sindel, sending her back a few feet. She hops back into action and points her right hand towards Ermac.

Sindel: Die!

Sindel sends a violent, purple energy ball towards Ermac. As he is struck by the blast, a huge explosion occurs. When the smoke cleared, Ermac's body was missing. Sindel put her hands on her waist as some smoke appears from her right hand. She makes a quick grin, but her smile disappears as Ermac regenerates himself behind her. He pull out his sword and attacks Sindel with a forward slash. The attack fails as Sindel dodges it. Ermac begins to attack her with a series of sword slashes, but she continues and dodge them and she manages to retaliate each slash with a fatal, physical blow to Ermac's body. Sindel uses a fatal kick to Ermac's head which causes him to move back a little. Because of the many souls Ermac had absorbed, he was able to regenerate a lot faster than before. Ermac decides to use one last sword slash against Sindel. However, she dodges the attack and let's out a loud scream that causes Ermac to cover his ears because of how loud her screams damaged his ears. Sindel uses that opportunity to send another purple blast at Ermac. Ermac's body explodes as Sindel leans over. She is exhausted from the heated battle. She believes that her last attack finally killed Ermac as she walks to her guards.

Rain: I can't believe you actually defeated him. I probably would have got in the way.

Sindel: You could have defeated him yourself actually. Maybe I should have used your help. It would have made it easier. Now if you all don't mind, let me get my baby so that I may depart to---

Sindel stops talking as her eyes instantly grew large. Everyone around her was in shock. A sword had appeared, penetrating her through her back. Blood had ran down her lip as she fell down to her knees. Ermac's body had reappeared behind Rain and his men. He used his powers to absorb Sindel's soul. As her soul enters his body, a large circle had surrounded the realm of Edenia. Purple lightning had struck at the edges of the realm. One large Lighting strike appeared somewhere near their position, but it made no damage to the Area.

Rain: What is this?

Raskal: Something's not right.

Reiko: Someone has disobeyed my orders. Your queen is dead.

Raskal: Are you serious? Who killed her?

Tesla had appeared where Raskal was.

Tesla: It was Outworld's champion, Ermac.

Reiko: Hey, if you're here, then where's Shao Kahn?

Telsa: Lets go to where Ermac is.

As the purple lighting continues to strike around Edenia, the Elder Lords' voices can be heard.

Elder Lords: Because our former Elder Lord Sindel has been killed by Ermac, The rules of Mortal Kombat have changed.

Ermac: Former Elder Lord? I though---

Elder Lords: When Edenia was created, Sindel became it's protector. However, She fell in love with the one known as King Logan Jerrod. She quit her duties behind the scenes and married him. Thus, she was no longer an Elder Lord and Argus took her position. If it were not for Jerrod being the King of Edenia, Shao Kahn wouldn't be allowed to merge with this realm. However, the death of Sindel has caused a Tabuu. Now Outworld must win 10 consecutive tournaments in a 13 year period in order to merge with another realm. Each Tournament must be a year apart. This means you cannot lose 4 consecutive tournaments. If you do not meet the requirements, you will have to wait 500 years before you attempt to merge with that realm again. That is all.

The lightning and large circle fades away as the Elder Lords' voices disappear. Everyone becomes relieved as the storm had calmed down.

Rain: So, what should we do to him?.

???: I'LL TELL YOU WHAT TO DO WITH HIM!!!

Everyone looked to the right and saw Shao Kahn walking up with a bloody hammer, indicating that he had killed King Jerrod.

Shao Kahn: BECAUSE OF YOU, I MUST NOW WIN 10 CONSECTIVE MATCHES INSTEAD OF ONE!

Ermac: Understand Shao Kahn, I have power beyond anything you've ever encountered. No one can defeat me. Not Sindel, Not the Elder Lords, and certainly Not YOU!

Shao Kahn: THEN YOU WILL PAY WITH YOUR LIFE! Denizens of Edenia and Outworld, I give you but one task. ATTACK ERMAC WITH EVERYTHING YOU'VE GOT!!!
That's all for this Chapter. I hope you all enjoyed it. The next chapter will revert back to the battle between the Shirai Ryu and Brotherhood of Shadow.
(Next-Chapter 10: Brotherhood of Shadow)
kadell
Mortal

Post by kadell »

Chapter 10: Brotherhood of Shadow

Quan Chi was revealed to have been working with Ashrah the entire time. For years, she has been searching for the map to the temple of elements. She formed the Shirai Ryu to ensure that she safely finds the map. Now that Quan Chi has the map, the Shirai Ryu is no longer needed. 

Quan Chi: You are both fools to come here and challenge me. How do you plan to win?

Scorpion: First we kill you. Then, we kill Ashrah.

Quan Chi: Ha ha ha. Is that who you call her. Well then, how about I tell you who this woman really is. The one you knew as Ashrah has been sent on a personal mission to an unknown realm. I needed a replacement for her. So, she and her sister used a spell to switch places. The woman standing infront of you is her sister, Tesla.

Shelia was confused. She knew that the woman had some features that were different from Ashrah. She had a ponytail and her clothing showed 20% more skin than Ashrah's clothing.

Shelia: So, which of you was the real leader? Which of you killed my father?

Tesla: My sister was your leader. And it seems she trained you all well. However, although Ermac killed your grandfather, neither he nor Ashrah were involved in your father's death. It was I.

Shelia was full of sadness and anger as she finally stood face to face with her father's killer. She tightly clenched her fist and prepared to attack Tesla. Scorpion stopped her.

Scorpion: Don't. They only want you to fall into their trap. I don't know who they are, or what they want. But if I Frost doesn't end her fight with those assassins...

Frost uses a few defensive skills against Sareena's attacks, but she is knocked down after getting kicked in her right arm by Kia.

Scorpion: Their won't be a clan left to save.

Frost slowly rises back up while staggering a bit.

Sareena: You could've stayed where you were Kia. She wasn't even close to landing hit.

Kia: Yeah, but I still wanted to join the action.

Frost: Why do you three always stick together in a fight instead of fighting alone like everyone else?

Jakaata: What good would it do you to know?

Frost: I'd think someone as strict as Ashrah wouldn't allow her warriors to stick with each other everywhere they go.

Sareena: There are 3 errors in your statement. Firstly, Ashrah is not strict, especially with the Shirai Ryu. That's why your sister decided to join them instead of the Lin Kuei. Secondly, Ashrah has no command over us. In fact, she is actually below our ranks. Lastly, We aren't always around each other. We have split missions every now and then.

Kia: Also, we all believe in working together as a team instead of fighting individually like your clan. Fighting alone doesn't make you stronger.

Frost disapproved and ran up to Kia. Kia pulled out her signature boomerang and threw it in Frost's direction. Frost used an ice slide to dodge the boomerang and she knocked Kia off her feet. Jakaata summons her katana and sends an electric blast at Frost, forcing her to the ground. Kia rose back up and dusted herself off.

Kia: Lucky shot, I'll give you that. But now I see what will cause you to get more serious. It's not your sister, it's your pride in always being right. If we prove you wrong, you will always try to make it right.

Frost creates 3 ice pillars from the floor to push the assassins in the air. As the assassins come down from the air, Frost transforms the 3 pillars into sharp spikes. All 3 assassins fell on the spikes, killing them.

Sareena: Ah...you...

Jakaata: How could...how...

Kia: You 2...really...

All 3 of them could no longer breathe. Frost felt relieved. She decided to run towards the direction where Scorpion and Shelia went. Meanwhile, Quan Chi's warriors begin to attack Scorpion and Shelia. Scorpion quickly pulls out his 2 swords to defend himself from the attacks of the warriors. Shelia used her hand-to-hand combat skills to fight off the warriors. She used a fatal kick on one of the soldiers' temple, killing him. As more and more soldiers attempt to kill the 2, a voice was heard.

???: Enough!

All of the soldiers stopped fighting as the look in Quan Chi's direction. Quan Chi and Tesla looked back only to see a gray man with a red helmet and a long blue robe. He had no pupils in his eyes, and he looked old.

Quan Chi: Bow before your leader. Bow before Lord Shinnok.

All of the warriors bowed down to Shinnok. The warrior that was killed by Shelia was resurrected and he also bowed to Shinnok. Shelia looked confused, but saw him as a threat. Scorpion prepared himself as he stood in front of Shinnok. Shinnok smiled deviously.

Shinnok: I have finally escaped the Netherealm, and it's all thanks to you, the Shirai Ryu, and the Lin Kuei. For this, I shall spar your clans under one last condition: Work for me.

Scorpion: I decline.

Scorpion dashes towards Shinnok with both of his blades in his hands, ready to attack Shinnok. All of the warriors from the Brotherhood of Shadow were too late to defend Shinnok. Scorpion jumps in the air and swings one of his swords against Shinnok. However, Shinnok uses some sort of sorcery that creates an invisible shield in front of him.

Shinnok: Too late Scorpion.

???: I decline as well.

Frost appears from a nearby bush and attacks Shinnok from behind. His back was still undefended, so Frost's sneak attack knocked him down. Shinnok rises up in anger.

Quan Chi: How dare you strike the Lord Shinnok. You will perish for that.

???: Not if we decline as well.

Everyone looked toward a nearby hill and saw that the voice was actually Sector from the Lin Kuei. Along with him were many veteran members of the Lin Kuei including Cyrax, Hydro, and Subzero.

Tesla: Rival Clans fighting together to defeat the bigger enemy. How convenient, seeing that the Lin Kuei Temple is our next destination.

Sector: You won't win against our combined might. Attack!

All of the Lin Kuei veterans rushed down the hill in Quan Chi's direction. Quan Chi began to panic, as did Shinnok. Tesla, however, was not afraid. She stood her ground, facing the warriors' direction. Quan Chi disagreed with Tesla's faith in defeating the warriors. He sent his army to defend him, Shinnok, and Tesla.

Quan Chi: Don't let them anywhere near us.

The entire Brotherhood army came rushing to their aid. Scorpion and Shelia are the only 2 active surviving members of the Shirai Ryu. The other members were killed. Cyrax runs near the front lines. He activates one of his bombs and tosses it in the Brotherhood's direction. The bomb detonates near one of the warriors' head and takes out around 4 warriors. The two sides finally clash with the Lin Kuei gaining the upper hand. Hydro used his sword attacks slash through many of his foes. However, he gets attacked by one of the higher ranked soldiers. Helpless against the soldier and his many comrades, Hydro is killed in action. Sector uses his flame thrower to roast many of the members and uses his missiles the take out many other warriors at a time. Quan Chi attempts to attack Scorpion with a green, flaming skull. However, Frost stops Quan Chi and uses a Quick kick into Quan Chi's head, knocking him down. Scorpion and Shelia attacks Shinnok. Each attack is blocked by Shinnok's skeletal soldiers, killing the Skeletons. Scorpion unleashes his spear on Shinnok and pulls him in his direction. However, he spots Subzero and notices a difference in him. As Scorpion comes seconds close to killing Shinnok with his sword, Subzero begins to release a powerful ice blast on the battlefield. Scorpion finally realizes what happened, but it was too late.

Scorpion: NOOB SAIBOT!!!

Subzero was actually Noob in his little brother's costume. He unleashes a large icy blast that freezes the entire area over. 2 mins later, Frost walks from behind one of the frozen brotherhood members. She looks around to find survivors.

Frost: Shelia! Scorpion! Anyone!

Frost saw that her sister was frozen be the icy blast. Scorpion, however, walked from behind the frozen Shinnok. As he sees the frozen statue of Shelia, he looks to the ground in shame.

Scorpion: I sorry, Frost. She was a gre...

Frost: No time to mourn her death. The Lin Kuei have betrayed us all. They only wanted to finish the last of the Shirai Ryu off. We'll take care of them later. Let's just hurry up and kill Shinnok while he is Frozen. I'll kill Quan Ch...

Frost is cut off as she is about to be attacked by 3 warriors. 

3 Voices: HERE WE GOOOOOOOO!!!

For a split second, she recognizes the 3 warriors. They were Sareena, Jataaka, and Kia. Sareena stabs Frost in her shoulders with a pair of scythes, Jataaka stabs Frost in her back with a katana, and Kia ruptures Frost's liver with her boomerang. Blood runs out of Frosts face mask as it falls off of her face.

Frost: How...*gasp* I killed all of you. *gasp*

Sareena: We aren't your everyday enemies. We are beings who have been killed on Earth and sent to the Netherealm, or in human terms "Hell." Quan Chi has found a way to resurrect us and everyone who is sent to the Netherealm. Now, we can never die, we can only go to the Netherealm. Now, you will join us there and forever serve as a servant for Quan Chi.

As Frost begins to die, she momentarily looks at the ring she gave to the frozen Shelia and notices that it only cracks. She realizes that what Sareena said was true. She will become a servant Quan Chi in the Netherealm. Scorpion looks onto the 3 assassins in anger.

Scorpion: Quan Chi uses the souls of the dead to keep his entire army alive.

Jataaka: Wrong! We don't live the same way your ex-leader does. We live by Quan Chi's sorcery. The specifics are unknown, but you can see the results.

Kia: Look around you Scorpion. It's over.

As Scorpion looks around, he sees the entire fully resurrected Brotherhood army along with Quan Chi and Shinnok. He was outnumbered 1000s to 1. Although he knew all hope was lost, he picked up his swords and prepared to fight them all.

Quan Chi: We have toyed with the ninja long enough. Now, GO!!!

Scorpion gets ambushed by all or the Brotherhood's warriors. He attacks them all fending himself from all of the members. Scorpion has battled them for an hour. His fate afterwards, is history. Word has it that Quan Chi and the Brotherhood of Shadow returned to the Netherealm. Shinnok, however, was last seen in battle against Raiden and Fujin. Scorpion will always be a part of history, or at least in Noob Saibot's eyes.
That's all for this chapter. We are now at the last chapter, Prepare for the last chapter in just seconds. Any questions you ask now will be answered after the final chapter.
(Upcoming-Final Chapter: Shao Kahn)
kadell
Mortal

Post by kadell »

Final Chapter: Shao Kahn

No one in the realms is immortal, except God. Not the One Being, not Lucifer, not the Elder Lords...

Shao Kahn: ...AND NOT YOU!!!

Shao Kahn was furious with Ermac. Kahn put over 1000 years of his life into keeping Ermac alive. He stored many souls into Ermac and many more into himself. Souls of strong warriors resided inside Ermac while the souls of the weaker vessels resided in Shao Kahn. Kahn had no further use for Ermac. He was ready to cut all ties with him.

Shao Kahn: ATTACK!

All of the warriors of Edenia and Outworld joined forces to face Ermac. Ermac was in the center of everyone in Edenia. Dozens of Lancers threw spears at Ermac all at the same time. Ermac used his large telekinesis shield to defend himself from the spears. Everyone else began to use their weapons and their might to destroy Ermac's telekinesis shield. However, their attempts were futile as it did little more than touch the shield and tire them out.

Ermac: Weak. You can't defeat me with such physical attacks.

Shao Kahn: Don't let him bring you down. This shield is defending him by depleting souls. Keep attacking that shield.

As everyone continued to attack Ermac's shield, Rain jumped into action and simultaneously attacked the large shield with his swords. Reiko jumped into the air and slammed the shield with an Edenian war hammer that originally belonged to King Jerrod. The attack slightly lowered Ermac's shield, but it still didn't even crack the shield. Tesla and Raskal appeared at the scene.

Tesla: Even the might of King Jerrod's hammer had little effect on his shield?

Raskal: Don't worry, I'm sure it'll be destroyed somehow.

Tesla: I know what has to be done. Stall him.

Tesla creates a large fire ball in her hands and sends it towards Ermac's shield. The impact was so strong, it barely lowered the barrier even more. The barrier still didn't even crack. Raskal draws down a large lightning strike to attack the shield, still having the same effect. Everyone continues to attack the shield, but aren't able to destroy it.

Tesla: (Where are you Ashrah.)

Ermac: I will never die.

Shao Kahn: Keep attacking.

Everyone's attacks were not strong enough to destroy Ermac's shield. Shao Kahn summoned his Hammer and attempted to destroy the shield, but he was unable to destroy it as well. Tesla stops attacking the shield and looks at her feet as they began to glow red. Tesla cracked a smile and began to raise her hand.

Tesla: Everyone stop attacking!

Everyone did as Tesla said and stood away from Ermac's soul shield. As she stood still, a red, mid-sized circle appeared under her feet. The circle began to rise up around her and her clothes began change form, as did her hair. Her eyes changed from green to red. Her clothes showed less skin and her hair was much longer. Her clothes were much grayer than usual. Everyone was astonished by her transformation, but they didn't know that it was actually Ashrah.

Ashrah: Guess who!

Ermac was surprised to see that Ashrah had returned. She finally found Ermac, the one who sent her back to the Netherealm after his fight against Onaga. She activated her spell of dispelling dark magic. Ermac's shield began to rotate violently. The many souls within Ermac began to get corrupted by Ashrah's spell. As the shield begins to dim down, Ermac holds his head with both of his hands in frustration and pain.

Ermac: Shao Kahn's...sorcery. It...kept me in...charge. I...control this body.

Ermac's souls prepare themselves for battle inside Ermac's mind. They stare at him in anger, ready to kill him once and for all.

Ermac: You fools. You can't kill me. You'll die if you do.

King Jarrod: You killed us when you stole our souls. You've been so blind all this time aiming for complete power, and yet you never earned your rewards the Shao Kahn promised you.

Ermac: Kahn made a promise to me years ago. He said he'd give me a Clan and my own village in Outworld. Those promises will be fulfilled.

King Jarrod: How can you be so sure? What about the reward he promised Ashrah? It was never fulfilled. Same with many of his servants.

Female Zaterrian Councilor: Face it son. Shao Kahn is the most untrustworthy man in all existance. I have never seen him fulfill a promise.

Ermac began to think about the words expressed from the souls. Finally, he came up with a solution.

Ermac: You're wrong. Shao Kahn's promises always come true. He promised Ashrah a reward, I sent her to the Netherealm along with Onaga, and now she wants revenge. Shao Kahn's reward for her is that she will get to kill me. 

Jarrod looked at Ermac in shame.

Ermac: He promised that he wouldn't forcefully merge realms illegally once he became Ruler of Outworld. Reptile's census was incorrect, so that was your faults.

The entire Zaterrian Council looked at each other in shame.

Ermac: Whether it was God or his choice, his promises were fulfilled. Someday, I will get what he has promised me.

King Jarrod: He's an enemy of ours now. How will we stop him and the entire army of Edenia and Outworld combined?

Ermac: What do you mean of ours? You all wanted me dead a few minutes ago.

Lin Kuei Soul: You are right, Kahn is the real threat, and killing you would only kill us too.

Outworld Assassin: We need to work together and kill Kahn. We'll settle our disputes afterwards.

Ermac: Then it's settled. We will work together and save all of the Realms.

King Jarrod: So, who will take over the body?

Ermac: We've been doing this for 1000 years.

Edenian Soldier: Actually, this is my first day.

Ermac: *Sigh* Those who know how it works, help me with this. Those who don't, just watch and learn.

Back on the battlefield, Ermac's frustration ended. He was able to control himself with ease once more. The corruption caused Ermac to lose over 2000 souls. It wasn't much, but it was enough to cause his power to decrease. Ashrah was surprised at his power to influence the souls composed into him.

Ashrah: How you did it, I don't know. Truthfully, I really don't care. I just want you dead.

Ashrah creates a small sphere of light in the palm of her hands and throws it in Ermac's direction. Ermac simply creates a telekinesis shield to stop the attack. However, the force of the impact caused Ermac to stumble a bit. Rain runs toward Ermac with both of his katana's and simultaneously attacks Ermac. Ermac is able to dodge some of the attacks, but he is still cut a few times. Rain stabs Ermac through his heart killing him.

Ermac: Watch it, you could have killed King Jarrod.

Rain: I would have kill more than just him.

Rain uses his water abilities to create several large water spears inside Ermac's heart, killing Ermac several times.

Ermac: Agh! You idiot.

Ermac uses his telekinesis to force Rain away. As his energies heal him, Shang Tsung steals away many of Ermac's souls. Ermac notices his large loss of souls and levitates Shang Tsung into the air. Baraka hops in front of Ermac with his blades popping out of his arms. Ermac uses his telekinesis to force him away. As Ermac begins to gather the weapons of the dead soldiers with his telekinesis, Sheeva appears over Ermac. As he looks into the air, Sheeva falls on top of him with bone crushing force. Ermac begins to raise his head, but Sheeva steps directly on his head, killing him. Ermac sends an energy blast at Sheeva, knocking her off of him.

Shao Kahn: Reptile.

Reptile: I know.

Reptile runs toward Ermac, who slowly picks himself up. Reptile spits acid on his claws and begins to attack Ermac. Before Reptile could land the first blow, Ermac pulled out his old sword and stabbed the palm of Reptile's hand. Reptile was surprised that Ermac was able to pierce his incredibly hard skin.

Ermac: As you can see, I have improved. I've upgraded my sword with even harder steel. It's not as easy to use as before, but it pierced you. Now you will suffer from your own acid.

Reptile quickly pulls his hand away from Ermac's sword. He holds his hand in pain as his own acid burned the inside of his hand. Ermac then levitates Reptile in the air and forces him back several feet away.

Shao Kahn: I'll attack him some more. Ashrah, create a spell worthy of his defeat.

Ashrah: I have one in mind. I just need him to become incapacitated first.

Shao Kahn: Alright. Rain!

Rain runs toward Ermac and attacks him twice with his Katanas. Shao throws a Soul Arrow towards Ermac. As it pierces through Ermac, now stumbling a bit because of the force, Reptile runs toward him and uses a 2 footed slide kick to trip Ermac, causing him to fall to the ground. Reiko hops into the air and dives his right foot into Ermac's stomach, rupturing his insides and temporarily shutting down Ermac's body. Shao Kahn walks toward Ermac with his war hammer at hand. Ermac attempts to speak, but Shao Kahn smashes his head like a watermelon.

Shao Kahn: You've brought me far Ermac. Sadly, your time is up.

Ashrah creates ring of fire around Ermac's body. Ermac slowly rises himself up as he begins to feel heavy.

Ermac: What did you do?

Ashrah began to slowly raise her hands up. Ermac's body was slowly turning into stone from his back heel to his front forehead. Ermac begins to slowly walk towards Ashrah as his body begins to grow heavier and heavier.

Ermac: You wretched witch! When we escape this prison, we will butcher you with our power! We're gonna come back with a million more souls! We will be unstoppable! We will be...

Shao Kahn: Ermac!

Ermac is completely turned into stone. Shao Kahn looks at Ermac thinking about their past events. Rain walks up to Shao Kahn.

Rain: So whats next? You've just lost you champion and many of your warriors are dead.

Shao Kahn: We will reform my army. Although, this spell has ruined my plans for taking Earthrealm. I have 3 of the relics needed, and this realm holds the 4th relic. One is in Earthrealm and the last one is in the Netherealm. I can't take over the Netherealm until I can takeover Earthrealm. All of this information is damaging my train of thought. I need to rest.

Rain: If you would allow me to, I can make all war plans for you. That way, you only need to know what's next on the agenda.

Shao Kahn: It would help, I guess. Since you think you can really make good strategies, who do you think my champion should be?

Rain: I'd enjoy being your new champion, but I'm not going to place myself in the same shoes as Ermac.

Rain looked at Baraka and Sheeva.

Rain: Sheeva is powerful and she comes from the very rare Shokan race. The problem is that she's barren and her race will be extinct and have no chance of survival if their last female Shokan dies. Baraka is also a good choice because of his vicious combat skills, but the tarkatans need him to Lead their army so just increase his reward size.

Rain looks at Reiko.

Rain: I want to take Reiko's spot, but he should keep it. I haven't seen him doing a lot of fighting.

Rain looks at Ashrah, still believing her to be Tesla.

Rain: Although Tesla was able to defeat Ermac once and for all, she is young. She could be my assistant though, if she wants.

Ashrah: I'll make sure that happens. I'm looking forward to working with you.

Rain: Only one man was able to actually defeat us all.

Rain looked toward Reptile. Shao Kahn smiled.

Shao Kahn: The  it's settled, Reptile will be my new champion. We will be heading to Earth in 1 month. Shang Tsung and Reptile will be their while I get this army together. I also need to get the new census for Outworld so remind me to send the message around Outworld. And someone please, remember to count that drunk idiot Bo Rai Cho. I won't tolerate simple mathematical errors, you all are suppose to be a realm of Mathematicians. We will rule the world soon. Everyone DISMISSED!!!

Back in Ermac's statue body, he and his souls gather around wondering what's next.

King Jarrod: It seems you've regained control again, but why did you decide to let us become many again?

Ermac: There's nothing else left to do now. If you all want to kill me be my guess.

King Jarrod: Why would we kill you? This is the first time I've seen unity in my life. Lokke, have we ever had a day where our country wasn't arguing with each other?

Lokke: You should have seen what happened with Ermac and Rain sir.

Ermac: But we're going to die from loss of oxygen in a few years anyway, so why not?

King Jarrod: Have you already given up on your plan?

Ermac: Whether they return to save us or not, it should work. I promise, we will be free from this prison dead or alive. And Shao Kahn and Ashrah will die.

Ermac looked away from his souls. All 953,428 souls are seen ready to escape the statue with Ermac one way or another. In the living forest of Outworld, a group of Shamans are shown dragging Ermac's statue into the living forest as the other Shamans sit around a campfire.
That was the final chapter. Thank you all for reading. Depending on fan-feedback I might make another season or turn this into a comic book. Their will be an expansion story coming soon, so look out for that in the future.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Great job man, loved reading all of it.
I Rule This World!

Return to “Fiction”