Mortal Kombat Rebirth

tonshaad1230
Apprentice

Mortal Kombat Rebirth

Post by tonshaad1230 »

Hey, hey people.
Been thinking about how Armageddon can end and what the next generation could be like. So in my spare time, I've been making up my own MK8 storyline. My vision of the next generation.
I won't give away the cast roster yet, but I will say it consists of 15 returning characters, 10 new characters, and 5 hidden characters.
Important note: I'm ignoring what we've seen so far with Armageddon's endings and the intro.

So with that...I'll start with the main plot:

Part I
"The Legend of Nyx"

"Legend speaks of an ancient sorcerer.
"His name was Nyx. They say he was the greatest sorcerer that had ever lived. That his power rivaled even the gods themselves. They say the only thing that matched his great power was his cruelty. It's said the atrocities Nyx committed put that of even Shao Kahn to shame. To this day no one knows from where he came from nor why. Whether for revenge or power or just to satisfy his own hatred...no one knows why he devoted himself to darkness.
"Nyx used his great power to create a living weapon that would serve as his engine of destruction. Into this creature, he poured his cruelty and need to bring pain and suffering. A creature created only for death and destruction. He named this weapon Thanatos. Nyx traveled the realms with the Thanatos...leaving only death and suffering in his wake.
"Nyx's reign of terror did not end until he came across a realm that's name has long been forgotten. Here he would finally meet his end. But before he succumbed to death, Nyx transferred all his power...all his knowledge of sorcery...into his personal sword, the Death Dealer, and locked it away in a temple guarded by the Thanatos itself.
"Fearing what could happen should his power be discovered or the Thanatos be awakened, the temple was buried deep underground and all records of its whereabouts hidden. The power of Nyx and his Thanatos has since remained hidden and passed into legend...all but forgotten.
"Until now..."

-the words of Havik

Part II
"Aftermath"

"It had gone too far.
"The rules of Mortal Kombat had been completely disregarded. Portals between realms were breached. Armies were emerging everywhere...each with it's own ambition for domination. The gates between the living realms and the afterlife were broken. The realms were teetering on the brink of oblivion. War was everywhere.
"Armageddon was upon us.
"Amidst the chaos and destruction, the Elemental Blaze emerged to act as judge, jury, and executioner. His judgment was swift and cruel. All...whether good or evil....were deemed a threat and needed to be exterminated for the good of Reality. His fire would lay waste to all...and the Elder Gods would allow it to happen.
"Many fell. Much was lost and laid to ruin. But thanks to the efforts of a few, Blaze's rampage was stopped before his fire could consume everything and everyone. But the damage had been done and the Elder Gods made their final decision. Some were shown mercy. Some were not. In the end, the Elder Gods sought to ensure the realms would never again come so close to destruction.
"In the passing years since, the realms have existed in relative peace. All that is left now is the survivors to pick up the pieces and try to rebuild. All we can hope for now is that the chaos never again gets as bad. That another Armageddon will never have to happen.
"But I fear the battles shall soon start again..."

-the words of Fujin

Part III
"The New Tournament"

"Let the word spread!
"After countless centuries buried and hidden, the power of the legendary sorcerer Nyx has at last been discovered. Locked away in his temple, guarded by his great weapon the Thanatos, the source of Nyx's vast power is available for the taking. But only one can prove worthy to wield the power of the greatest sorcerer that ever lived. Only one can be worthy to wield the Death Dealer sword and harness Nyx's power.
"So an open invitation is out...to the greatest warriors of all the realms to compete for the right to possess Nyx's power. The one warrior who emerges above all others...the one warrior who can best the sword's guardian, the Thanatos...shall be free to take hold of his power and do with it whatever they wish! Untold power can be yours, if you can prove yourself as the greatest warrior in all the realms!
"Let Mortal Kombat begin!"

-the words of Scarack

Comments:
I figured since this is meant to be the beginning of a new era in Mortal Kombat, it'd be good to start things off with a tournament and build off from there. It's been a while since the game focused on an actual tournament, so I thought it'd be good to bring that back for the beginning.
Some may remember Nyx and the Thanatos from an earlier storyline I made up. I decided to bring them back, but without the extra realms and such...keeping it simple. While the plot appears somewhat simplistic, I have some twists and turns ready.
"Rebirth" takes place about 20 years or so after "Armageddon"....around there, I don't want to commit to an exact number. The realms exist in a post-apocalyptic state. Earth is in shambles, Outworld's a mess and so on. Further details of what happened during Armageddon and after will be revealed through the bios...which I'll be posting shortly.

" Is that your best?" - MK3 Shao Kahn Taunt MK3 1995 Arcade.
tonshaad1230
Apprentice

Re: Mortal Kombat Rebirth

Post by tonshaad1230 »

Hello? People there?
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Looks like I missed it :(
Will try to take a look at it tomorrow.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
tonshaad1230
Apprentice

Post by tonshaad1230 »

UPDATE:

Now the first of the bios. I'll start things off with a pair of familiar faces:

Scorpion
Origin- Earth
Alignment- Neutral
"Much of my life as been devoted to my family and my honor. I only joined the Shirai Ryu in order to provide my wife and son with the comfortable life they deserved. And even though as a Shirai Ryu ninja I was little more than a glorified mercenary, I struggled to hold onto some semblance of my honor. But I would eventually lose my family...and later my honor in trying to avenge them.
"I avenged my own death...giving up any trace of honor that remained in me. I would then devote myself to avenging the death of my family. Despite my small attempts to regain my honor, I was so consumed in my quest for vengeance, I became something that I am not proud of. A monster. I suppose that is why I agreed to become the Champion of the Elder Gods.
"I fought in Armageddon and I helped prevent the oblivion of Reality. I even helped end the evil of Noob Saibot...an evil I helped create. I suppose I could've been allowed to ascend to the Heavens to join my family as reward...but I didn't even bother to ask. I do not wish my family to see what I have allowed myself to become. I avenged my family's death with the destruction of Quan Chi. Now I wish to regain my honor and become something like the man I was. For this...I remain Champion of the Elder Gods.
"In the years since Armageddon, the realms have enjoyed relative peace. As the enforcer of the Elder Gods, I am only to be summoned when a threat to all the realms emerges. And it seems a new threat is at hand. The one called Scarack has begun his own tournament for the power of the legendary sorcerer Nyx. I shall not allow this power to fall into the wrong hands and pose a threat to Reality itself. However...I sense another danger, somewhere in the shadows. Hidden...but familiar."

Mileena
Origin- Outworld
Alignment- Neutral
"For as long as I can remember, my life has been consumed with an undying hatred towards my 'sister.' For centuries, I deluded myself into believing if I proved my superiority over her, my father would accept me. Looking back, I realize how foolish I was. During Armageddon, I would find myself drawn into the battle between my sister and my father. Although part of me wished to believe his lies once again, I put aside my hatred for Kitana and helped bring about Shao Kahn's destruction.
"After the battle, I finally realized there was no purpose in hating Kitana. That perhaps she did not deserve my contempt after all. We went our separate ways...she to Edenia while I remained in Outworld...and I've not seen her since. I chose to remain here, in my home realm, and forge a new path for myself. To finally make a life of my own...without Kitana.
"No longer bound to Kitana or Shao Kahn, I feel a kind of freedom I've never known in my entire life. I feel as though a tremendous weight had been lifted from my shoulders. At last my destiny is mine for the choosing and mine alone. In the years since Armageddon, I chose to remain hidden in the shadows. Trying to come to terms with who...and what...I am. I see many paths open before me...yet I am uncertain of which to take.
"One thing is certain though...the Tarkatan in me still thirsts for battle. And it seems this thirst will soon be indulged...however to my surprise, the offer came to me first. The man who calls himself Scarack came to me personally, offering an invitation to participate in this tournament he's holding. More than invited...he insisted I participate. I'm no fool...his strong insistence I fight has left me suspicious of his intentions. But I've never been one to shy away from battle, so I accept his invitation and enter his tournament. I'll soon find out what he wants of me.
"And maybe perhaps...through this tournament...I may also find the purpose I seek."

Comments:
Scorpion- God forbid Scorpion is not in an MK game. First thing I did was give him a new goal rather than revenge. Have him acknowledge that his quest for revenge consumed him and have him regret what he became. With his prior grudges taken care of, Scorpion can now focus on his duty as Champion of the Elder Gods which will get him further involved with the main plot.

Mileena- Started off with how I think Mileena's story should end in Armageddon. With Kitana and Shao Kahn out of her life, Mileena can now forge her path in life and find a real purpose. In the time since Armagedon, she's mellowed....slightly....but is still at her core the same psycho woman we know and love. I have some twists in store for Mileena.

Next bios coming soon.
Thoughts?

Return to “Fiction”