Mortal Kombat Wireless News

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat Wireless News

Post by Gambid »

In a press release THQ Wireless has announced that it has obtained the license to several Midway's classic arcade games, including the original Mortal Kombat. Below is a part of the press release:
THQ Wirelessä Inc., a subsidiary of THQâ Inc. (NASDAQ: THQI), today announced that it has obtained a license from MidwayÒ to bring seven of the best Midway arcade titles to mobile devices. All games and content are expected to be available through leading carriers worldwide.

From Mortal Kombat’s signature moves, to the flying action of Joust, to the outer space warfare of Defender, THQ Wireless is bringing Midway’s classic arcade hits to mobile users across the globe.

"Midway’s timeless arcade classics remain as fun and addictive as they were nearly 10 to 20 years ago - these hits will never go out of style," said Tim Walsh, president of THQ Wireless. "It’s a testimony to technological advances that gameplay experiences that once stood six feet tall can now fit into gamer’s pockets."

"Midway is excited to see THQ bring these classics to mobile phones," said Steve Booth, vice president of licensing at Midway. "THQ has committed to develop content and graphics that have the same look, feel and sounds of the original arcade games; you can carry an entire arcade everywhere you go."
The complete text of the press release you can read here. Expect more news very soon.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “News Articles”