Megan Fox Expresses Interest In Portraying Kitana

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Megan Fox Expresses Interest In Portraying Kitana

Post by Roy Arkon »

In a recent interview, star of the TMNT movies Megan Fox was asked which villain she would like to play. She struggles to find an answer and then she grasps onto Mortal Kombat's Kitana.

Speaking of portraying MK characters in movies, what's the state of a new MK film that is supposedly in the works for some time now? Well, apparently James Wan (Fast and Furious 7) is calling it simply "Mortal Kombat" and..." The previous word on the project is that it is a complete reboot and won't include any of the events of the previous films. In fact, it is being called a departure from the mythology. The film is being written by David Callaham and Oren Uziel."
Megan Fox on Mortal Kombat and Kitana
Go to 2:35 in the video to hear Megan Fox talking about Mortal Kombat
Credit for Test Your Might for the info.

Visit our Mortal Kombat X section for all available Mortal Kombat X information. Want to talk about Mortal Kombat X, take a look at our Mortal Kombat X forum.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.
Attachments
kitana-megan-fox-183906.jpg

No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
EpicJason9000
Mortal

Re: Megan Fox Expresses Interest In Portraying Kitana

Post by EpicJason9000 »

no, just.....no.

I don't like Megan Fox, and I don't think she's a good actress. there are so many better actresses that I can see playing the role of Kitana. hell, I can easily give you a decent cast list for actors & actresses I think could do justice to a MK movie. Megan Fox is a hack actress who has been in nothing but bad films, and the only reason why she keeps getting work is because she has a nice ass, that's it. after 10 years of being an actress, she still can't act. if her bad track record says anything about her acting talents, I wouldn't allow her anywhere near a script like this. case in point: Transformers 2007, Transformers Revenge Of The Fallen, Jonah Hex, TMNT 2012, TMNT Out Of The Shadows, and Jennifer's Body.

at this point, a 3rd MK movie is just too little too late. they tried to get it off the ground during the 2000's with little to no success. and just like Alien 5, it's not a sequel/reboot/remake/reimagining/regurgitation that I want to see anymore. I can accept Tron 3, I can accept a reboot to The Black Hole, I can accept a few comic book movies every now & then, but a new MK movie after 20 years of waiting since MK Annihilation, and I've lost all interest in it a long time ago. even if it did get made, what happens if it sucked? that would be 20 years of waiting, just to be disappointed yet again. just sit down and enjoy the 1st MK movie instead. we really don't need another film. I do think we need the original films to be given a special edition treatment, but we don't need to see a brand new MK film anymore.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

I do think that a new MK movie is not 100% necessary because we already have the story mode for the recent games which are already movie-like. But on the same time, there are people that would like a new movie. I would like to go see it as well, it would still be fun.
EpicJason9000
Mortal

Post by EpicJason9000 »

I can't agree with that because I think that's being way too optimistic. it's been 20 years since MK Annihilation, so there is absolutely no way that a new movie could possibly be any better than the 1995 film. I know some people may not agree with me on this, but I think Mortal Kombat should of ended in the late 90's. I know people want to see more games and more movies, but there is a limit to how much we should accept. the cold hard truth is that this franchise cannot go on for much longer (since I see the introduction of DLC's & guest characters as a clear sign of the developers running out of ideas, which even they said it will be harder to come up with new ideas in later games), and it wont last forever.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

I think the real truth is that you're just connected way too much to the past. There is a way that MK movies can be good today just like the first one. The "cold hard truth" is that people enjoy MK, and they want to get more. People want a new MK movie, fans want a Shaolin Monks sequel or at least a remastered version of the first one, fans want characters from the 3D era such as Havik to return, and fans want MKX to receive KP3.

The truth is that MK is stronger than ever, they successed in sales and they successed in e-sports. There is no way that the franchise will die anytime soon. They aren't running out of ideas, they're just evolving with the time which is what every company should do. Almost every big franchise is using DLC and/or guest characters, and NRS are doing it right unlike other companies.

You don't like what's happening with the franchise right now? Too bad, that's not going to change anytime soon. Ask the 5 million people who bought MKX at launch, then look at the awful shape that Street Fighter is at the moment thanks to SF5, then go and look at what Activition has decided to do with Call of Duty Infinite Warfare and the remastered version of Modern Warfare because THEY are the ones who run out of ideas, and then come back and tell me that MK is the series that is on the verge of death.
EpicJason9000
Mortal

Post by EpicJason9000 »

@Roy Arkon

dude, you need to just stop talking to me. you are taking this way too far and you need to just stop responding to my comments. when you start saying some really ignorant things like "you're just connected way too much to the past" or that "you have high standards", that's when it goes too far and that's when the conversation is officially over. I don't hear your opinions anymore, I just heard a biased point of view who refuses to see it from a different perspective. look, you are more than welcome to open your opinions to me, but don't you start pulling this "I know you" kind of reaction to me. you don't know me, you've never met me, and I will not tolerate that kind of response from anyone. if you want to debate, then debate. but if you want me to take your opinions seriously, then don't use comments like that to me. I have every right to voice my concern, and I do feel like the franchise is loosing it's steam. I have every right to not like the new games, but you can't force me to agree with you nor can you force me to like these new games because you said so.

I think your opinions are wrong, and you think my opinions are wrong. you think what you say is the truth, I think it's just a bunch of bull***. and obviously, you feel the same way. no one here is seeing eye to eye on this topic, or any of the previous topics we discussed for that matter. clearly, no one is going to win this argument and no one is going to agree on this topic at all. this is nothing new, and frankly I'm too tired & worn out to even care.

and you know what? I do think that the old MK games are better & vastly superior. I do think they were far more creative with the restrictive limitations that they had. and I do think that the MK series is running out of ideas and that pointless DLC is wrong. that's my opinion and it's perfectly fine. if you don't like it, fine. be that way. but I'm not going to change my opinions just because you don't agree with it and you don't like what I have to say. that's why it's called an opinion. my opinion, not yours. and I don't have to agree with you or the majority of the group. but in either case, I'm done talking to you and I'm done with this conversation or any other conversation for that matter. I've got far too many things to worry about and I've got my own creative ideas to focus on.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

That's really rude out of you telling me I'm just another internet opinion basher by me saying that "you're connected to much to the past" or that "I think you're standards for toys and figures are way too high", yet you are the one who's saying that "the cold hard truth is that MK is on the verge of death" while ignoring the success of MK and while other games have did way worse things and now they're gone or when other big franchises did way worse stuff and they are the ones that on the brink of death. Yeah, I'm not respecting your opinions, yeah right.

Look, it's one thing to prefer the old games over the new ones, but to bash the franchise and deny the factual success that the series has right now it's just dead wrong. I bring you facts regarding MK ant it's success against other big franchises like Street Fighter and Call of Duty, or other games that did way worse stuff in terms of DLC like Asura's Wrath, Destiny and Evolve, as well as companies that used micro-transactions the wrong way like Halo 5, while NRS and WB did all of those things the right way, and all you come up with is that "DLC is a sign for lack of ideas" even though no one has ever said that nor it's not what DLC is about for any company that's using DLC, as well as "someone in NRS said that it's harder for them to come up with new ideas" while it's no indicator that they can't come up with new ideas what's so ever or that MK is dying.

I'm not trying to bash your opinions because what I'm saying regarding MK to you aren't my personal opinions, I'm basing my comments on actual facts that happened in recent years for both MK and other games, while the "NRS developer or developers said that it's harder for them to come up new ideas" is the only thing that's close enough to factual statement to base your argument on and even that is too un-proportional to say.

If I would say something like "you can't prefer the old games over the new ones" then that's where I would bash your opinion, but I never did that, didn't I? But you're saying that MK is on the verge of death and make those outlandish comments like "MK is dying", or that "there is no way a new movie can be as good as the first one", and the worst of them all, that you know that "people want more games and movies, but there is a limit for how much we should except". I'm sorry but it's you are the one who's bashing other people's opinions for saying that. And yes, you are indeed connected to much to the past if you say that.

You want to stop this argument? Fine by me, but I will leave you with this: You can prefer any era of MK you want, but MK is the strongest fighting game franchise right now and one of the strongest overall, and both developers and fans know that MK isn't going anywhere and nobody can deny that.
EpicJason9000
Mortal

Post by EpicJason9000 »

"MK is the strongest fighting game franchise right now and one of the strongest overall, and both developers and fans know that MK isn't going anywhere and nobody can deny that."

that's your opinion, not fact. and yes, I can deny that. but that's beyond the point.

you may think that way, but I don't see that as fact. you're not an expert, nor do you speak on the behalf of the entire fan base. your just one man with your own opinion which I don't agree with whatsoever. I see your responses as someone else's personal opinion and that's it. but I don't see your statements as providing facts. also, maybe next time you should read my comments before you respond because I never once said that the MK series is on the verge of death. I said that it can't last forever and they're running out of ideas. I only suggested that fans accept that the franchise should end, you're the one who misinterpreted what I said for what seems like the 2nd time now. not once did I ever say that the series is dying. once again, you took my comments out of context and taking things too far. like I said on a separate stream, just stop commenting back to me. you don't need to respond to every single thing I say. not just on this topic, but any topic for that matter. I don't agree with you, I don't see your comments as quote un quote fact, and I will not respond to you any longer.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

You asked me more than once to stop responding back to you and adding that you got a lot of other stuff to do then being in any conversation, I make my last comment to you while ending it by accepting your request to stop, yet you come back to me again, telling me that I "don't have to respond to every single one of your comments" (and indeed there are comments and threads on which I've never talked to you) and asking me again to stop responding to you? Why? Because my whole comment wasn't made in the "let's agree to disagree" one line style? And you saying you're not gonna respond back to me again? That's what you said last time.

You need to understand that not every statement is an opinion, but it can also be a fact, and it can also quoting someone else' opinions or other factual points to build your stance in an argument. If I'm basing my comments around actual game sales, in-game content, increment of the game's place on e-sports, and business practices that happened in the past, and showing you all the positives in those points that prove the continuation of the series, guest what? I'm not stating my personal opinions, because these points are factual points, that's what makes them facts. And all of those facts show that MK isn't going anywhere. Why should NRS and WB stop if there is no sign of the series dying in sales, e-sports, business practices and in-game content/functionality while other games such as Street Fighter and Call of Duty actually did those stuff they are the ones who can actually end at the moment? Because there is a bunch of DLC? If the game itself already has a lot of content even without DLC, they can make enough DLC to make the game even bigger, and that's no sign of lack of ideas because a lot of companies do that, both good ones and bad ones.

And yes, you did say that MK is on the verge of death:

"The cold hard truth is that this franchise cannot go on for much longer".

And yes, you said after that line that it is because that you in particular see the DLC as a sign for lack of ideas and that one or few NRS developers said that it's harder for them to find new ideas, but aside from the fact that those points are questionable in their credibility (as we don't know who in NRS said that or if it's actually true, and of course DLC is not about quantity of ideas and that's very well known), if you're saying something like "the cold hard truth", guess what? You do mean that, and also, you're trying to turn your opinions into facts by saying that right before your opinions and credibility-questionable points. So who's taking things out of context? I know it's not me.

Even if your whole statement was just a "suggestion" that the series should end and fans should "accept it", who are you to suggest that to anyone? Why ruining the fun that others have with the series, let alone basing that on questionable points? Because you prefer the classic games over the new ones? Unless there is a true, factual and clear view regarding the end of a series that nobody can ignore (and MK doesn't fall into this category at all at the moment as all of the statistics, historical facts and results show otherwise) , I would never say something like that to any fan of any series, and that's out of respect for that series and it's fans.

You prefer the old MK games? Fine, I respect your preferences and opinions. But what I don't respect is outlandish comments like that which disrespect the evolution of the series and it's fans and ignoring the factual statistics and actions that prove that.

I'm not going to continue with this argument, there is no point in doing that, and it doesn't matter what you do or what you write to me next.

Return to “News Articles”