MK2 And MK3/UMK3 Free Play Mode Has Been Discovered

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

MK2 And MK3/UMK3 Free Play Mode Has Been Discovered

Post by Roy Arkon »

If you used to play the old Mortal Kombat games at the arcades back in the day, you probably happened to have the issue of not having any cash to spend to play.

After the EJB menu codes have been discovered, here's another secret for you. It turns out that for Mortal Kombat II, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (and probably Mortal Kombat 3 Vanilla) arcade cabinets, there is a way to activate "Free Play" mode.

This mode allows you to play those games without the need to insert coins into the machine. According to the video below, this method won't work for Mortal Kombat 1, but there is a possibility for it to work for Mortal Kombat 4, although the EJB menu for Mortal Kombat 4, if there is such, needs to be discovered first.

How to do this? Take a look at this video from "Your MK Arcade Source":
Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Mikeius4ever
Mortal

Re: MK2 and MK3/UMK3 Free Play mode has been discovered

Post by Mikeius4ever »

Awesome!
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

Great News for oldschool veterans like me Roy. Although We tend to use Mame such new discoveries are always welcome. I expect more to be found.
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Lord Dragu wrote:Great News for oldschool veterans like me Roy. Although We tend to use Mame such new discoveries are always welcome. I expect more to be found.
Yes, it is still awesome to see those discoveries after 20+ years for those games, who knows what is still hidden for us. When it comes to secrets, MK is the best video game series ever, no doubt.
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

Roy Arkon wrote:
Lord Dragu wrote:Great News for oldschool veterans like me Roy. Although We tend to use Mame such new discoveries are always welcome. I expect more to be found.
Yes, it is still awesome to see those discoveries after 20+ years for those games, who knows what are is still hidden for us. When it comes to secrets, MK is the best video game series ever, no doubt.
Hmmm :)
I remember when the hidden sprites for Tsung Fatality , Goro Death Animation from MK1 were found and Mugen Makers used some of them for their projects. Cool as usual. Classic is classic.
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

I saw those sprites and animations too, really cool stuff.

Return to “News Articles”