MKX Kombat Pack 2 Gameplay Trailer, The Pit Returns and More

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: MKX Kombat Pack 2 Gameplay Trailer, The Pit Returns and

Post by Roy Arkon »

First of all, if I have something to say I can say it. That doesn't limit other people to say their opinion on the subject. It makes you look like you just don't wanna keep with the discussion because you don't want to hear stuff you might not like to hear.

As for the topic, yes WB are the ones who makes the final shots when it comes to DLC, release dates, ports, systems for the games etc. NRS are the ones who make the decisions regarding the game itself like the gameplay, graphics, story mode, other modes, and the launch character roster for some degree. NRS are just the developers that work for WB, who the publisher of NRS games, WB are the ones who pays NRS money to make the game and therefore, WB they are the one who control the overall direction of the game. Even the stuff that NRS will more likely control, like the character roster, can be debated by WB as if WB wants, lets say, telling NRS to put a certain character as a DLC because they know that people would love to pay for that character. NRS might ask WB to include certain stuff in the game and debate with WB on stuff in the game, but WB are the ones who call the final shots.

There are companies who only work as publisher who pay development companies to work for the game. while others work as both publishers and developers. Capcom are the ones who work as both, and even then there are times that they work with other developers like Dimps, who develop Street Fighter 5 along with Capcom while Capcom also publish the game. On the other hand, EA are the publishers for Star Wars Battlefront, but DICE are the developers, that's why EA are the one who call shots regarding the game even if they didn't touch the game's development. And also, back in the Midway are the ones who were the sole publishers and developers of the some games, like MK3, UMK3 and MK:DA. And even then, there were the developers of the games, led by Ed Boon and John Tobias (and only by Boon since 2000) but they all took orders from their bosses at Midway, and case can be said for Capcom in some cases as well.

So if you see that MKX, even if it's just for now, would not come to PC, that was WB's decision. NRS might only inform the people, but they aren't the publisher of MKX, or either MK9 or Injustice, WB are.

No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

Roy Arkon wrote:First of all, if I have something to say I can say it. That doesn't limit other people to say their opinion on the subject. It makes you look like you just don't wanna keep with the discussion because you don't want to hear stuff you might not like to hear.

As for the topic, yes WB are the ones who makes the final shots when it comes to DLC, release dates, ports, systems for the games etc. NRS are the ones who make the decisions regarding the game itself like the gameplay, graphics, story mode, other modes, and the launch character roster for some degree. NRS are just the developers that work for WB, who the publisher of NRS games, WB are the ones who pays NRS money to make the game and therefore, WB they are the one who control the overall direction of the game. Even the stuff that NRS will more likely control, like the character roster, can be debated by WB as if WB wants, lets say, telling NRS to put a certain character as a DLC because they know that people would love to pay for that character. NRS might ask WB to include certain stuff in the game and debate with WB on stuff in the game, but WB are the ones who call the final shots.

There are companies who only work as publisher who pay development companies to work for the game. while others work as both publishers and developers. Capcom are the ones who work as both, and even then there are times that they work with other developers like Dimps, who develop Street Fighter 5 along with Capcom while Capcom also publish the game. On the other hand, EA are the publishers for Star Wars Battlefront, but DICE are the developers, that's why EA are the one who call shots regarding the game even if they didn't touch the game's development. And also, back in the Midway are the ones who were the sole publishers and developers of the some games, like MK3, UMK3 and MK:DA. And even then, there were the developers of the games, led by Ed Boon and John Tobias (and only by Boon since 2000) but they all took orders from their bosses at Midway, and case can be said for Capcom in some cases as well.

So if you see that MKX, even if it's just for now, would not come to PC, that was WB's decision. NRS might only inform the people, but they aren't the publisher of MKX, or either MK9 or Injustice, WB are.
Think what you want. No one has confirmed WB make all the decisions. As long as WB representative doesn't come and speak about any decisions / dlc stuff I will never believe WB are responsible for DLC made exclusive to consoles. I don't know why you so hard defend NRS and all that crappy stuff that happens from them. But anyway. Like I said there are hard fans who will never change their opinion or ever want to believe even when proof is shown toward them.
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

That's not an opinion, it is a fact. NRS get their money from WB to make their games, how NRS are the ones who make the decisions if they can't make the games unless some publisher put the money for them? If they don't have the money they can't get their resources to make the games, and if a publisher is the one who give them the money, he is the one who controls the flow of their business practices. All the decisions that NRS do are just for the game itself, but the final shots for the business decisions and even some of the in-game decisions, come from the publisher, because without the publisher's money, the game can't be created at all, unless it's an indie dev company, and if NRS would've been an indie company, their games wouldn't had that much of a good of presentation on commercial hype as they got, let alone in-game stuff such as graphics and story modes.

Just because Tyler Landsdown is the one who shows on camera, that doesn't make NRS the decision makers. That's not only true for Mortal Kombat, but for any game that has a publisher. It's not about who makes it to the camera the most, it's about who give the workers their paychecks. And if that is the reason why you think Ed Boon and NRS are responsible for any decisions in the game, I'm afraid that need to get a reality check. Not trying to be jerk here, but that's how the video game business works.

And if you really wanna go there, I remember that WB are the ones who announced that the PS3/360 versions of the games of MKX had been cancelled. They didn't show on camera to announce that, yet it wasn't NRS. So if all you want is someone from WB to announce such stuff, well there you go, even though that once again, it's not about who shows on camera the most, it's about who pays the workers. I mean, by that logic, that means that Triple H and Stephanie McMahon are the ones who control everything in WWE, because they are the ones who appear on camera more then Vince McMahon in recent years (and for the record, all the 3 of them have executive roles both in the story and out of the story in WWE), but Vince hasn't retired and we all know that Vince is in charge of WWE, because he is the one who actually pays their workers their money. That's how business work in general. It's about the money, not the camera time.

WB are also the ones who publish other games such as the Batman Arkham games, the Lego games, Dying Light, the Witcher 3 and Shadow of Mordor. All those developers of those games can't make their games unless WB give them the money, and it's the same for the recent Mortal Kombat games.
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

Roy Arkon wrote:That's not an opinion, it is a fact. NRS get their money from WB to make their games, how NRS are the ones who make the decisions if they can't make the games unless some publisher put the money for them? If they don't have the money they can't get their resources to make the games, and if a publisher is the one who give them the money, he is the one who controls the flow of their business practices. All the decisions that NRS do are just for the game itself, but the final shots for the business decisions and even some of the in-game decisions, come from the publisher, because without the publisher's money, the game can't be created at all, unless it's an indie dev company, and if NRS would've been an indie company, their games wouldn't had that much of a good of presentation on commercial hype as they got, let alone in-game stuff such as graphics and story modes.

Just because Tyler Landsdown is the one who shows on camera, that doesn't make NRS the decision makers. That's not only true for Mortal Kombat, but for any game that has a publisher. It's not about who makes it to the camera the most, it's about who give the workers their paychecks. And if that is the reason why you think Ed Boon and NRS are responsible for any decisions in the game, I'm afraid that need to get a reality check. Not trying to be jerk here, but that's how the video game business works.

And if you really wanna go there, I remember that WB are the ones who announced that the PS3/360 versions of the games of MKX had been cancelled. They didn't show on camera to announce that, yet it wasn't NRS. So if all you want is someone from WB to announce such stuff, well there you go, even though that once again, it's not about who shows on camera the most, it's about who pays the workers. I mean, by that logic, that means that Triple H and Stephanie McMahon are the ones who control everything in WWE, because they are the ones who appear on camera more then Vince McMahon in recent years (and for the record, all the 3 of them have executive roles both in the story and out of the story in WWE), but Vince hasn't retired and we all know that Vince is in charge of WWE, because he is the one who actually pays their workers their money. That's how business work in general. It's about the money, not the camera time.

WB are also the ones who publish other games such as the Batman Arkham games, the Lego games, Dying Light, the Witcher 3 and Shadow of Mordor. All those developers of those games can't make their games unless WB give them the money, and it's the same for the recent Mortal Kombat games.
Anyway . This is by far the worst MK release since MK Special Forces. Broken PC port, Missing DLC content now for PC version ( NRS says : FUCK YOU PC lamers) not that it matters to me but as a PC Onwer and not expensive consoles owner I feel stabbed.

Next time PC players will think twice before buying NRS/HVS WB games.
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

NRS aren't the ones who said "F you" to the PC players, it's WB, if anything. And MKX is not a bad release. It was for the PC, but that was just one port, and PS4 and XB1 ports of the game were great. MK Special Forces, mind you, was only for the PlayStation 1. That's not a fair comparison.

I do hope that WB or NRS on behalf of WB would give us at least an explanation on why they stop the support for the PC. There is a new Kombat Kast coming this Sunday, I hope that NRS would give as the explanation why the PC support was stopped.

As for PC in the future, I wouldn't be surprised if WB would not want to publish their games to PC at all. It is clear that WB prefer the consoles over PC, and if they want to make games only for consoles, maybe because they don't to deal with potential piracy or because the investment takes too much from them, that's fine by me. But if you already want to make a port and you did release it to the public on a certain, you can't stop the support for it, unless there is a really, really good explanation. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if MK11 or Injustice 2 wouldn't make it to PC, but only for consoles and mobile devices.
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

Roy Arkon wrote:NRS aren't the ones who said "F you" to the PC players, it's WB, if anything. And MKX is not a bad release. It was for the PC, but that was just one port, and PS4 and XB1 ports of the game were great. MK Special Forces, mind you, was only for the PlayStation 1. That's not a fair comparison.

I do hope that WB or NRS on behalf of WB would give us at least an explanation on why they stop the support for the PC. There is a new Kombat Kast coming this Sunday, I hope that NRS would give as the explanation why the PC support was stopped.

As for PC in the future, I wouldn't be surprised if WB would not want to publish their games to PC at all. It is clear that WB prefer the consoles over PC, and if they want to make games only for consoles, maybe because they don't to deal with potential piracy or because the investment takes too much from them, that's fine by me. But if you already want to make a port and you did release it to the public on a certain, you can't stop the support for it, unless there is a really, really good explanation. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if MK11 or Injustice 2 wouldn't make it to PC, but only for consoles and mobile devices.
Either if they make MK 11 for PC or Injustice I seriously doubt most people will even buy them especially after seeing how bad WB/NRS and HVS treat the PC gamers. Glad to see that you also are not happy about the sudden decision not to bring PC owners the new KP.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Maybe it was one of the reasons or maybe even the main reason why WB decided not to call another studio to port KP2 on the PC, because the sales of the PC port weren't good. Anyway I'm waiting for the Kombat Kast, hopefully we would get an explanation.
VerminatorX
Mortal

Post by VerminatorX »

https://www.change.org/p/netherrealm-st ... x-a-chance Help PC MKX community by signing this petition. Let WB/NRS hear us.
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

VerminatorX wrote:https://www.change.org/p/netherrealm-st ... x-a-chance Help PC MKX community by signing this petition. Let WB/NRS hear us.
Why would we bow and beg those who condemned their PC game owners? If they say no DLC for PC sure. Next time WE say NO PAY for their games !
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

It's a long shot but it won't hurt to try. I for one will not sign it until I at least hear an explanation. Also, like I said, it could be that WB decided to stop the PC support just because the sales for the PC weren't good, so if you decide not to purchase their games on PC, even if the ports will be good, you can potentially cut yourselves even deeper.

I'm still gonna by the games as long as it comes to consoles, because at least the console version is made by NRS, not another studio that WB decided to pool off for whatever reason, and even though I do not support WB for doing those stuff (even though that I do appreciate WB's pot bonuses for the MKX tournaments, which is most welcomed) I do support NRS for their amazing games that they do.

Return to “News Articles”