Mortal Kombat: Fates Beginning Fan Film

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat: Fates Beginning Fan Film

Post by Gambid »

With the rise of technology enthusiastic fans started creating fan movies based on beloved franchises. Mortal Kombat is not an exception. The latest Mortal Kombat fan film is called Mortal Kombat: Fates Beginning. The film is based on the first Mortal Kombat arcade game and movie and won best Mortal Kombat film at the Urban Action Showcase film festival at the AMC Theater in Times Square, New York on November 7th, 2015. Take a look:
Mortal Kombat: Fates Beginning has Mortal Kombat legend Daniel Pesina in the role of Shang Tsung. Daniel Pesina portrayed Johnny Cage, Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Reptile in the first two arcade games.
The rest of the cast include Damien Colletti as Kano, Victoria Simone as Kitana, Basil Masters as Johnny Cage, Johnny Alicea as Scorpion, Richard Lounello as Raiden, Irina Gorovaia as Sonya Blade, Immanuel Chang as Lui Kang, Lance Bilodeau as Reptile, Robert Bilodeau as Sub-Zero, and Raw Leiba as Goro.

Written and directed by Chris Barcia. Cinematography by Mathew Wijatyk. Animation by Scarlett Menendez.

Take a look at some images from the film:
Mortal Kombat Fates Beginning Cast Mortal Kombat Fates Beginning Daniel Pesina Mortal Kombat Fates Beginning Johnny Cage Mortal Kombat Fates Beginning Kano Mortal Kombat Fates Beginning Kitana And Kano Mortal Kombat Fates Beginning Kitana Mortal Kombat Fates Beginning Poster Mortal Kombat Fates Beginning Raiden Mortal Kombat Fates Beginning Scorpion Fatality Mortal Kombat Fates Beginning Sonya Blade Vs Kano Mortal Kombat Fates Beginning Sonya Blade
Congratulations to the entire cast and crew for the job well done. We can't wait to see what all of you guys are going to do next.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Mortal Kombat: Fates Beginning Fan Film

Post by Roy Arkon »

Good movie in general. The fight scenes were really short and rushed, but I guess that's what you have to go with in a 20 minute film that tries to push a story of a 101 minute film into like a fifth of it's time frame, for what it was it was good. Pesina did a decent job as Shang, but of course he's not an actor, but a really good martial artist, yes. The overall acting was good, some did better, or even way better then others (like Lance Bilodeau as Reptile and Victoria Simoneto as Kitana, they both did a really good job), but a everyone was good enough on the acting part. I did like how the story went, loved to see Reptile and Scorpion win (my two top all times favorites), and I did like the animation sequences of the film, they were done well. Overall it was a good film.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome

Return to “News Articles”