Video: The Science Behind Sub-Zero's Spine-Ripping Fatality

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Video: The Science Behind Sub-Zero's Spine-Ripping Fatality

Post by Gambid »

GameInformer has tried to explain the science behind Sub-Zero's Spine-Ripping Fatality and created a video in the process.
Science Behind Sub Zeros Spine Ripping Fatality
Host Jake Roper and the team at Vsauce3 took it upon themselves to learn just how much force is necessary to pull off the infamous final move. Turns out you need one million newtons of force (the equivalent of 10 high speed car crashes) to break the spine free of its numerous connections to muscle ligaments and other bones. To give you an idea, an average human will probably break their femur if hit with 4,000 newtons of force. That didn’t stop them from trying it on a gel dummy filled with blood, though.

So, is it possible to perform the Fatality, find out in this video:
Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Video: The Science Behind Sub-Zero's Spine-Ripping Fatal

Post by Roy Arkon »

Nice one, but even if you can't do Sub-Zero's Fatality in real life, it doesn't matter. Mortal Kombat makes it look credible, and as long as it does look legit in that universe, should we really care if it can be done in ours? I don't think so.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Don't think that anyone really cares. I find the approach of the video interesting.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Post by Roy Arkon »

Yeah maybe you're right.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

Tekken are better and more real than MK in any way.
All the styles in Tekken have RL moves and not some stupid fantasy inspired Fatalities to teach kids violence. Not that in Tekken we have full reality but the fighting styles themselves not the special moves are real life MA styles. MK is a hybrid of fantasy moves and some few styles.

About the fatality itself it's a very old one and Is one of my favorites.
Especially in MKSM when you play as the BOSS NPC version of Sub Zero it's like a normal special move and you can instakill any enemy with it.
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.

Return to “News Articles”