Shawn Kittlesen About The Past & Future of The MKX Comics

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Shawn Kittlesen About The Past & Future of The MKX Comics

Post by Gambid »

After the release of the last digital chapter of the Mortal Kombat X comics, Shawn Kittlesen, the writer published a what can be described as an open letter to all fans sharing his thought on his comic book debut:

Special thanks to the MK fans who bought every chapter and kept my debut comics series near the top of the digital bestseller list for our entire 36 week run. You’re no doubt also responsible for the extra print runs we got on issue #1 (3rd printing) and our first collected edition (2nd printing).
Mortal Kombat X Comic Book Digital Issue 36 Cover

This book is a love letter to MK past and present. It belongs to MK fans, even if we didn’t always tell the story exactly the way you had it in mind. ;)

That’s why I appreciate every kind word, constructive criticism, and honest question that I get about the book on social media.

About the future of the series, Shawn is writing the following:

And now that we’re at Chapter 36, the most frequent question that I’m getting is, “Will there be a Season 2?”

Honest question. Honest answer: I don’t know yet. As soon as I know more about the future of the series and I’m not bound by an NDA, I’ll tell you!

Shawn Kittelsen did a great job with the Mortal Kombat X comic books so far. We all hope that a second season will be announced soon.

Click here if you want to read the original article.

Visit our Mortal Kombat X section for all available Mortal Kombat X information. Want to talk about Mortal Kombat X, take a look at our Mortal Kombat X forum.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Shawn Kittlesen About The Past & Future of The MKX Comic

Post by Roy Arkon »

Thanks for the article, I would be very happy if they make a season 2, conbsideringvthe cliffhanger, although they can explain the Kenshi/Goro thing when MK11 comes out.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Yep, they might. But I personally think that the comics sold pretty good, so there is no reason to stop them.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Post by Roy Arkon »

Gambid wrote:Yep, they might. But I personally think that the comics sold pretty good, so there is no reason to stop them.
Yep, they will probably release a season 2.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome

Return to “News Articles”