Insert Coin: Inside Midway's '90s Revolution Documentary

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Insert Coin: Inside Midway's '90s Revolution Documentary

Post by Gambid »

Insert Coin: Inside Midway's '90s Revolution is a documentary project started by former Midway employee Joshua Tsui with the goal to revisit the history of Midway Games back then. The project is currently on KickStarter looking for crowd funding. The goal is to reach $75000 and there are only 48 hours left. Take a look at the official trailer:
Mirtal Kombat fans should be able to recognize Joshua Tsui from Sub-Zero's ending in Mortal Kombat II. Mortal Kombat 4 Liu Kang was also modeled after him.
The focus of the project is to cover untold and unseen details from the production not only of Mortal Kombat but also of other Midway titles from that era, the including NARC, Smash TV, etc...
Insert Coin Midways History Kickstarter Campaign
Interviews with many members of the development teams with behind the scenes information are also planned. These include among others interviews with Mortal Kombat co-creator John Tobias, Mortal Kombat 3 Sonya Blade actress Kerri Hoskins Bradshaw, and original Nightwolf actor Sal Divita.
Part of the unseen footage has been revealed in order to inspire the fans to support the project. The footage is from the unfinished and unreleased version of Mortal Kombat: Special Forces that includes Sonya as playable character alongside Jax.
This version of the game is very different from what was released on the marked, due to John Tobias and other key members of the team leaving Midway during the development of the title. We told the story of Mortal Kombat: Special Forces in Episode 7 of The History of Mortal Kombat:
Interested? Then take a look at the official KickStarter page of the Insert Coin: Inside Midway's '90s Revolution documentary and support it. There are cool things that you will get depending on the amount of money you decide to give. Here you can also see the progress of the project. Don't forget there is very little time left and not much money to raise, so hurry up.

We already made our contribution and wish the project success and can't wait to see the final result.

Update: August 16th 2015
The money has been raised. Congratulations to Joshua Tsui and the entire project.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Insert Coin: Inside Midway's '90s Revolution Documentary

Post by Roy Arkon »

Yes! They got all of the 75K they needed! Now we can have the documentary!

I really like this idea, seeing all of those guys and footage from the old MK games (as well as for me, WWF Wrestlemania the arcade game) is a huge thing. I already saw The Undertaker (my favorite wrestler ever) in the trailer so it this alone makes it worth for me, and with the coverage for MK it is really exciting for me to see.

Can't wait for that.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: Insert Coin: Inside Midway's '90s Revolution Documentary

Post by Gambid »

Yep, they did. It's a really exciting project.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “News Articles”