The History of Mortal Kombat - The History of Tremor Special

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

The History of Mortal Kombat - The History of Tremor Special

Post by Gambid »

A funny thing happened several days ago. As I was preparing the preview video for the 4th Mortal Kombat X DLC character Tremor I discovered there are a few additional things that I would love to share with all of you about him, since he is probably one of the lesser known characters of the franchise.

One thing let to another and several hours later what started as a short preview video ended up being a special episode of The History of Mortal Kombat series. So here is The History of Tremor:
There are also several questions regarding the production of The History of Mortal Kombat that I would like to address in this update:

What is a Special and how is it different from the other episodes?
During the development of the main stream episodes (currently episode 1-9) we noticed there are things that the format does not allow us to do. Telling the entire history of one character in a single episode is one of those things. It just doesn't fit into the concept of the series. Thus the Specials were created to fill the gap. These episodes are not part of the chronology of the main series and each of them focuses on a single subject, in this case that subject is Tremor. They are also self contained, stand alone and not connected between one another. If you look closer you will also notice differences in length, voice over, production quality etc. Even though they are not part of the main stream episodes they are still part of the series itself.

Where is Episode 10?
This is probably the most asked question on daily basis. We are aware of the fact that there hasn't been a new episode of The History of Mortal Kombat in a while. The main reason is that the time we have for the MKSecrets project is currently completely invested in covering Mortal Kombat X. This absolutely does not mean that the series has been cancelled, no, I like to thing of this as a creative break. Also evident by the release of this Special.

Why a Special instead of Episode 10?
So why release this special instead of working on Episode 10. As I mentioned above the Tremor Special wasn't something I personally planned, it sort of happened. The time needed to complete the Special is in no way comparable with the time we require to produce a new main series episode. We don't want to disappoint you with a half backed episode. So you will have to be patient.
The History Of Mortal Kombat The History Of Tremor Special
What comes next for the series?
Hard to tell. It is a hobby/free time project. So it is extremely unrealistic to expect some sort of commitment. There will be more Specials for sure, as I have some really amazing ideas for topics I want to cover outside the boundaries of the main stream series. You will love those, I am certain. Episode 10 is also on my personal pipeline. Put in other words, The History of Mortal Kombat is far from over.

We would love to hear some feedback from you guys.

Just like any other episode, The History of Tremor Special is also available for download from our The History of Mortal Kombat page. On that page you can also watch and download all previous episodes and specials.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: The History of Mortal Kombat - The History of Tremor Spe

Post by Roy Arkon »

Great vid, looking for more episods for the main stream. Also are you guys gonna make more character specific vids just like this? I think it will be great to see the history of each character or at least the more popular ones, even though we have an encycloppedia coming soon.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Apart from the main stream episodes, there are currently plans for only two other specials. What will come after that, I don't really know.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
urbanman2004
Mortal
XBox Live: urbanman2004

Post by urbanman2004 »

I can dig this

Return to “News Articles”