Kenshi And Shinnok Playable in MKX, Kombat Pack Info

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Kenshi And Shinnok Playable in MKX, Kombat Pack Info

Post by Roy Arkon »

Gambid wrote:People should also consider the following thing.

Netherrealm Studios is the developer of Mortal Kombat. All business decisions are taken by Warner Bros and by other people, not the developers. It's not their job, their job is to make the product, not sell it.

So, all this negativity towards Ed Boon or Netherrealm Studios in general is meaningless. They might be providing input on some level, but it is not their job.
Agreed, I also didn't really considered that until now.

Speaking of which their are rumors that MKX is gonna be region-lock, some people are already convinced it's true, others say it's just gonna be for the PS3, or both the PS3 and PS4. But the tweet that gave that "info" from Shaun from NRS has been deleted, which might indicate that this is just false info or even just a prank by someone. But in case this is real, since it's probably WB's desicion, there is benefit and/or logical reason behind this (and again, just in case it is real)?

No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

Roy Arkon wrote:
Gambid wrote:Lets all just calm down. There is really no need for drama here.

Let me clear a few things I think got lost in translation here. Lord Dragu isn't working for any gaming company. What he is saying is that he used to hack the content of the standard edition of games to activate content that the company is selling as DLC but is actually on the disk.

Announcing the DLC before the game is released is OK. You don't really think that the developer should wait until the game is release to start making plans about DLC, do you? DLC requires infrastructure and preparation. DLC content is in development during the development of the game but does not need to be finished with the game. This means, traces of it, might even be on the game's disk as the developers need to test it and probably forgot to remove it.

The whole DLC topic is a complicated one, but it's main goal is to prolong the life span of the game and thus the money it generates. Why do you guys think the mobile version of Injustice: Gods Among Us is still supported and Mortal Kombat 9 not any more. Because it still generates money for Warner Bros. Once everyone has bought Mortal Kombat 9 or the console version of Injustice, it's a dead product which is no longer profitable to support. No one eats air after all.

Thus said, Goro is currently the only DLC character that is going to be finished by the time the game comes out. Please note, by the time, the game comes out, not by the time it enters disc production. The game is most probably already finished, or should be shortly.
Thanks for clearing things up, I admit I've probably gone a bit too far. It's just pains me to see that people complain about NRS' business desicions while there are companies that clearly do actual bad ones. I'm not saying that NRS are perfect by any means, but people are complain about them for decisions whoch make sense without taking other companies into an account.

So Dragu, I'm sorry for the misunderstanding and I hope we can move on. :)
This was all just nonsense nothing else. I am against the dlc idea at all . You make a full game or you do not. I would support only DLC which people request of. Companies should allow people to vote which characters or any other content they want as dlc. This would have been much cooler. Then I would be glad to pay for that.

Cheers.
Hope this game will be good.
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Post by Roy Arkon »

I can see were are you coming from regarding DLC, but not every company uses DLC to steal money from players.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome

Return to “News Articles”