MKX Comics Chapter #8 Available, #9 Info + Writer Interview

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

MKX Comics Chapter #8 Available, #9 Info + Writer Interview

Post by Gambid »

In chapter 8 of the Mortal Kombat X comics a battle with an unexpected outcome is approaching as Goro and Rain are preparing to face Kotal Kahn:
Mortal Kombat X Comic Book Digital Issue 08 Cover
In an act of desperation, Kotal Kahn resorts to dangerous blood magic to take down the insurgents. But will it be enough to finish Outworld's champion?

Now lets take a look at several preview pages from the chapter:
Mortal Kombat X Comic Book Digital Chapter 08 Preview 01 Mortal Kombat X Comic Book Digital Chapter 08 Preview 02 Mortal Kombat X Comic Book Digital Chapter 08 Preview 03
In addition to this a description about the upcoming chapter nine and a cover art is now available:
Mortal Kombat X Comic Book Digital Issue 09 Cover
Sonya's back--and she wants her daughter! Meanwhile, Kano recounts his last encounter with Sub-Zero.

Fellow Mortal Kombat fansite Kamidogu has interview Mortal Kombat X comic book writer Shawn Kittelsen:

Kamidogu: When did initial planning for the Mortal Kombat X comic series begin? How did you score the gig?

Shawn: I pitched the book back in April 2014, and landed the gig in May. Outlining the first year of the series took us into the summer, but by August I was working on scripts. So it’s been a journey!

Scoring the gig was a combination of luck and hard work. I’d worked with NetherRealm Studios on the story for Injustice: Gods Among Us a few years ago when I was a creative executive at DC Entertainment, and that was an incredible experience. When it came time to recruit a writer for the MKX series, I was lucky enough to land on their list, but as a relatively unknown writer, I knew I had to prove myself. Writing the pitch was an intense process. I poured everything I had into it. And luckily, it paid off!

Click here to read the entire interview.

Visit our Mortal Kombat X section for all available Mortal Kombat X information. Want to talk about Mortal Kombat X, take a look at our Mortal Kombat X forum.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: MKX Comics Chapter #8 Available, #9 Info + Writer Interv

Post by Roy Arkon »

The story's going really good and I really liked this issue, except the fact that Rain is killed. I wanted to see him in MKX and now he's dead. I know that in his core, he was just a joke character, but he turned out to be an awesome character and one of my personal favorites. And even in MK9 he came as a DLC character and wasn't really a part of the story (and why? Just because he wasn't featured on any of the arcade versions of MK1-UMK3? Nonsense). Other then that, the story is awesome, the conflicts between the characters are great and the so are the fights. I'm not sure what's gonna happen with Goro now that he's arms have been ripped (although he is a DLC character, so maybe he won't be a part of the story mode).

As for the interview, great read, thanks for that.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

When we last saw Rain in the comics, he was still alive. Shawn Kittelsen actually tweeted that Rain is still alive. So, lets not jump to conclusions yet.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Post by Roy Arkon »

Gambid wrote:When we last saw Rain in the comics, he was still alive. Shawn Kittelsen actually tweeted that Rain is still alive. So, lets not jump to conclusions yet.
I hope you're right, I really wanna see Rain in the game.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome

Return to “News Articles”