Mortal Kombat X Premium Editions, Gold Scorpion & Making of

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Mortal Kombat X Premium Editions, Gold Scorpion & Making

Post by Roy Arkon »

superfamoso wrote:ok, I'll wait untill they release them as DLC (what a kind way of steal money, in my days special content and skins were unlocked by playing, not buying them as DLCs)
That's not stealing money at all, these guys working hard on that content in order to make the game fresh, and it's even more crucial when they add some guest characters because they need to buy the license for them. Also, there are enough content already in games nowadays and creating more content isn't necessarily a thief. In fact NRS do the DLC better then some other companies (Capcom anyone?), because they do let you unlock some content through the game itself and when they release DLC, they give it with a reasonable price and not on the disc itself. Besides, if they create more content post-release and they do it right, buying that DLC shows that you support the product to the fullest, which is good if you really like the product.

No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
superfamoso
Warrior

Post by superfamoso »

Roy Arkon wrote:
superfamoso wrote:ok, I'll wait untill they release them as DLC (what a kind way of steal money, in my days special content and skins were unlocked by playing, not buying them as DLCs)
That's not stealing money at all, these guys working hard on that content in order to make the game fresh, and it's even more crucial when they add some guest characters because they need to buy the license for them. Also, there are enough content already in games nowadays and creating more content isn't necessarily a thief. In fact NRS do the DLC better then some other companies (Capcom anyone?), because they do let you unlock some content through the game itself and when they release DLC, they give it with a reasonable price and not on the disc itself. Besides, if they create more content post-release and they do it right, buying that DLC shows that you support the product to the fullest, which is good if you really like the product.
well, you are right that they produce good material, that is a way of supporting them... but I live in a country where every external money it's more expensive than ours, so I think every thing over 20 dollars is really expensive, as if I have yo buy something at $10, I have to pay it at $(pesos)80, plus the taxes that the goverment puts to every thing bought on internet, and they don't allow anybody to buy dollars, so the price rises because we onley can buy it in the black market. in conclussion, a thing which costs 10 dollars, we have to pay it at 160 pesos, or something like that. I'm from Argentina.

Well, I also want to say sorry for not thinking of the effort they put before.
Last edited by superfamoso on Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Scorpion
Lost Soul
Bent on Revenge

Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

I see where you're coming from, but they can't please everyone and take into consideration any finencinal issus from every single country. I think that maybe you should wait until they release the Komplete Edition type of the game, but then again, we don't know for sure if they are gonna do it again. In any case I can see where you're coming from.
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

It is always difficult. Countries have different standards and when things go through the black market it gets really complicated I guess.

However it does seem more of an issue caused by the country itself than by the developer of the game. That the prise might be too high, no argument there. For example if you compare PC, PS3/XBox 360 and XBox One/PS4 prises.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Gambid wrote:It is always difficult. Countries have different standards and when things go through the black market it gets really complicated I guess.

However it does seem more of an issue caused by the country itself than by the developer of the game. That the prise might be too high, no argument there. For example if you compare PC, PS3/XBox 360 and XBox One/PS4 prises.
Agree, in my country of Isreal, you nned to pay like minimal price of 400 Shekels (about 80$) just for one console game. That's why I prefer to order either from worldwide online stors or from PSN. I wanted to buy Injustice: Uitlmate Edition for PS3 and an Israelian online store offered it for like 430 Shekels (about 83$) and so I went to PSN and I've ordered the game for just 257 Shekels (about 52$). That's a huge difference.
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Yep, it is.

But actually if you have a powerfull PC, you can get the games from Steam. They are cheeper there.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Gambid wrote:Yep, it is.

But actually if you have a powerfull PC, you can get the games from Steam. They are cheeper there.
I prefre play games on PS3 and PS4 (that I will have soon) and keeping my PC for other stuff (no offense to the PC players). As far as fighting games go, I guess I would play Street Fighter on my PC if I do decide to get SF5 when it comes out, as the overall SF control scheme is much easier on keyboard then Dualshock (although I'm comparing it to Dualshock 3, I don't know about the Dualshock 4 yet), unlike the MK games which you can get into with everything due to the control scheme of MK in general. That's al teast from my experiance with fighting games over the years.

Return to “News Articles”