MK Recap 4: MK9 (2011) Future of Online Play and PC Sale

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

MK Recap 4: MK9 (2011) Future of Online Play and PC Sale

Post by Gambid »

The past few months have been really quiet for the fans of Mortal Kombat 9 (2011) and there is almost nothing new even now. There are however one good and one sort of bad thing worth mentioning in this news recap:

Mortal Kombat 9 (2011) Komplete Edition PC Sale
Amazon.com is currently having the PC version of Mortal Kombat 9 (2011): Komplete Edition on sale for only $5. Hurry up before the sale is over.

After you get the game, be sure to check our Mortal Kombat 9 (2011) PC Modding Forum where you can find a lot of cool mods, skins and DLC characters.
The Future of the Mortal Kombat 9 (2011) Online Play

GameSpy recently announced that it will be shutting down its online servers on May 31st 2014. The servers are currently used by thousands of games with supported online play, including Mortal Kombat 9 (2011). After the announcement, it became clear that NetherRealm Studios eventually have to decide the fate of the Online features of its most recent Mortal Kombat installment. While things do look good for the PC, PlayStation 3 and the XBox 360 players, this is not really the case for the PSVita fans. Here is the official statement from the Facebook page of the series:

We are currently in the process of migrating Mortal Kombat (for PS3, Xbox 360 and PC) from Gamespy’s servers and expect things to go smoothly. During the transition, players may experience an interruption of online play and matchmaking and we ask for your patience during this time. Players will not experience interruptions to offline play throughout this process.

After May 31, Mortal Kombat for PS Vita will only support ad-hoc multiplayer.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “News Articles”