Mortal Kombat X Kitana's Mournful Variation

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat X Kitana's Mournful Variation

Post by Gambid »

The official description for Kitana's third variation in Mortal Kombat X (Mournful) has just been released:
Mortal Kombat X Kitana Mournful Variation
Mournful is a very special variation as it honors Jade, a fan favorite character that won't return in Mortal Kombat X

Netherrealm Studios has also provided us with an image that shows all three variations:
Mortal Kombat X Kitana Variations
Visit our Mortal Kombat X section for all available Mortal Kombat X information. Want to talk about Mortal Kombat X, take a look at our Mortal Kombat X forum.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.
Last edited by Gambid on Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Update 01

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Re: Mortal Kombat X Kitana's Mournful Variation

Post by Roy Arkon »

I really like Jade, too bad that she won't make it to MKX and probably will never return :(

At least the die hard fans of her have her full moveset in Kitana's Mournful Variation.
No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

What a stupid nonsense. Making JADE'S moves to kitana and not including Jade herself.
I am starting to think this will be the worst Mortal Kombat ever because of many missing fan favorite characters and new not so good ones. Too much futuristic look of characters I don't like how Kitana looks here she looks awful, I am starting to think soon we will see robots instead of characters a full science fiction game.

Nonsense.

MK9 was the last good game to me although MK Armageddon is the best one for me.
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Don't be so dramatic guys, we have only seen half of the characters and there are at least 5 DLCs from which we only know about Goro.

I don't think that we have seen the last of any Mortal Kombat character, except for Hsu Hao may be.

We will still see Jade in the comics as it is revealed how she exactly died.

Who knows, we might even get a Jade Kitana skin.

As for the next games, I am sure that we will see her again.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

Nobody really ever dies in Mortal Kombat.
Who knows we may even see Blaze.

As for Jade skin I am sure if not official then my dear friends from the modding community will take care to make a nice mod for Kitana. See how many characters were brought back via modding using the move sets of original characters with replaced skins and textures.

MKX still has a lot of characters to be revealed, and I understand the devs myself on other side it's hard to make an introduction of too many new characters while replacing some not so popular but on other side fan favorite characters or just old ones that doesn't fit anymore to the story. You take a huge risk of either having a support toward your new idea and new story or getting many people disappointed.

The only solution is to make characters a DLC one.

The only critic I have is it's not a good idea to announce a DLC before the game is released as this make people think of you as Money oriented company, only interested of selling (which is good after all you need to earn for your work) but on the other side it makes many people pissed off just because they want a full game for the money spend and not some half-ready product which will take double it's price to become whole and full game with the dlc. Am I not right...

Graphic wise however the game is astonishing, wish it was fully 3D being able to walk and side-step around like in MK vs DC U.

Who knows the next game maybe full 3d and a compilation like MKA/MKT.
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

Lord Dragu wrote:Nobody really ever dies in Mortal Kombat.

As for Jade skin I am sure if not official then my dear friends from the modding community will take care to make a nice mod for Kitana. See how many characters were brought back via modding using the move sets of original characters with replaced skins and textures.

MKX still has a lot of characters to be revealed, and I understand the devs myself on other side it's hard to make an introduction of too many new characters while replacing some not so popular but on other side fan favorite characters or just old ones that doesn't fit anymore to the story. You take a huge risk of either having a support toward your new idea and new story or getting many people disappointed.

The only critic I have is it's not a good idea to announce a DLC before the game is released as this make people think of you as Money oriented company, only interested of selling (which is good after all you need to earn for your work) but on the other side it makes many people pissed off just because they want a full game for the money spend and not some half-ready product which will take double it's price to become whole and full game with the dlc. Am I not right...

Graphic wise however the game is astonishing, wish it was fully 3D being able to walk and side-step around like in MK vs DC U.

First of all, MK will probably never come back to be full 3D as MK has proved that it the best gameplay it can have is only 2D or 2.5D. As fun as the 3D games were, the 2D style games were the ones who truly shined.

As for the DLC, that doesn't make NRS to look greedy at all. In fact it's actually a good thing because NRS give their fans an announcment in advance, unlike some other companies that acually make first-day-DLC (DLC that comes out on the same day that the of the game's release). And also, some people don't want to buy all of the DLC, so if someone doesn't wanna buy a certain they don't have too, unlike the recent Capcom games which includes every bunch of new characters and everyone have to re-buy the whole game just in order not to stay behind.

Speaking of characters, I agree that you can't take too many classic characters from a fighting game, bur]t to call a game "the worst ever" because of one or two missing classic characters is wrong. Wanna see a game in which there were so many fan favorites missing and it was indeed a bad thing? It's called Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike. I admit that the gameplay was awesome, but the roster of that game was god-awful, only 4 classis characters where in it, and that is an example of a game in which the roster hurt it, and it would not be successful if it wasn't for the parry system in it.

MKX at least keeps way more than just 4 classic characters (Scorpion, Reptile, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Ermac, Goro, etc) and both Kung Lao and Kitana are coming back despite being killed in MK9, so like Gambid said, Jade might come back in the future. And on top of that, that's not the final roster of the game yet, we might see at least 3 more playable classics in MKX (my money is on Rain, Mileena and Reiko at the top 3). And for the record, Soul Calibur 5 did the same thing as it was a next-gen chapter in the series that took some fan-favorites but kept a lot of them or at least younger versions of them. So yeah, MKX is awesome, it's 3rd Strike that should be pissed about, if anything.

As for Jade, she was killed in MK9, I think that the story of MKX will show how Kung Lao and Kitana managed to come back to life while Jade and the rest of the fallen characters will still be dead from MK9. I mean, what was the point of killing them in MK9, only to come back in the comics period and then getting killed again before the events of the game itself? That won't make any sense at all, unless they manage to give us a really, really good explanation for that. And maybe Kitana will get a Jade-like skin, that would be cool.
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

Roy Arkon wrote:
Lord Dragu wrote:Nobody really ever dies in Mortal Kombat.

First of all, MK will probably never come back to be full 3D as MK has proved that it the best gameplay it can have is only 2D or 2.5D. As fun as the 3D games were, the 2D style games were the ones who truly shined.

As for the DLC, that doesn't make NRS to look greedy at all. In fact it's actually a good thing because NRS give their fans an announcment in advance, unlike some other companies that acually make first-day-DLC (DLC that comes out on the same day that the of the game's release). And also, some people don't want to buy all of the DLC, so if someone doesn't wanna buy a certain they don't have too, unlike the recent Capcom games which includes every bunch of new characters and everyone have to re-buy the whole game just in order not to stay behind.

Speaking of characters, I agree that you can't take too many classic characters from a fighting game, bur]t to call a game "the worst ever" because of one or two missing classic characters is wrong. Wanna see a game in which there were so many fan favorites missing and it was indeed a bad thing? It's called Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike. I admit that the gameplay was awesome, but the roster of that game was god-awful, only 4 classis characters where in it, and that is an example of a game in which the roster hurt it, and it would not be successful if it wasn't for the parry system in it.

MKX at least keeps way more than just 4 classic characters (Scorpion, Reptile, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Ermac, Goro, etc) and both Kung Lao and Kitana are coming back despite being killed in MK9, so like Gambid said, Jade might come back in the future. And on top of that, that's not the final roster of the game yet, we might see at least 3 more playable classics in MKX (my money is on Rain, Mileena and Reiko at the top 3). And for the record, Soul Calibur 5 did the same thing as it was a next-gen chapter in the series that took some fan-favorites but kept a lot of them or at least younger versions of them. So yeah, MKX is awesome, it's 3rd Strike that should be pissed about, if anything.

As for Jade, she was killed in MK9, I think that the story of MKX will show how Kung Lao and Kitana managed to come back to life while Jade and the rest of the fallen characters will still be dead from MK9. I mean, what was the point of killing them in MK9, only to come back in the comics period and then getting killed again before the events of the game itself? That won't make any sense at all, unless they manage to give us a really, really good explanation for that. And maybe Kitana will get a Jade-like skin, that would be cool.
I don't like the 2D engines of MK.
Not being able to sidestep around when a projectiles is thrown toward your character is a dumb stupid nonsense.
We live in a world of technology gone are the memory limitations from the Arcade times. If you love so much 2D buy an Arcade version.

Now enough with the off-topic chatter.
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

That's not stupid at all. In fact projectiles in 3D fighters in general are pretty useless for the most part. Yes there are some people who like to span them in 2D games, but that doesn't make the core element of projectiles any less credible. You just need to know how to avoid those from a spammer and a pro player.

I see that you like 3D games more, and that's fine, and MK4-MK VS. DC where very good games in their own aspects, especially MK4 which could've still being used as a great competitive game. Hell, I would put MK Deception as one of my top 5 games from MK ever because of how much content it had and how much fun it was. But that doesn't make the 2 games any worse or just "arcade-only" games. 2D games that have tried to go to 3D have proved to be not as good as their prequals, such as MK ans SF (competitivly wise of course). The 2D MK games were just better overall for everyone, not just for casuals.

Return to “News Articles”