Kneel Before Zod: 4th DLC Character + The Flaming C

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Kneel Before Zod: 4th DLC Character + The Flaming C

Post by Gambid »

Netherrealm Studios has announced that General Zod will be joining Injustice: Gods Among Us in July as the fourth and last DLC character that is part of the current Season Pass:
It was also just announced that General Zod will be banned from this years EVO Tournament, unlike the other three DLC characters.

Take a look at the latest Conan O'Brien Clueless Gamer episode where he reviews Injustice: Gods Among Us, showing Zod for the first time. Watch until the end to see The Flaming C making its way into the game as a Superman skin. No official announcement was made as of yet about the character:
Conan and Bruce Timm created The Flaming C, a character based on Conan's appearance and jokingly referred to it as DC Comics' next superhero. The character has a comical appearance due to wearing things not associated with superheroes, such as a steaming ovenmit, a jai alai glove, ski goggles, a Star of David belt buckle, socks with garters, fishnet stockings and loafers. Faux videos have been made where the character appears on the show Young Justice. The character also had a dedicated segment at the 2011 San Diego Comic-Con International.

Four more DLC characters will at later stage for Injustice: Gods Among Us.

For all available information, please visit our Injustice: Gods Among Us section.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
roboronald10
Master
PSN: KlassicGODZILLA9

Re: Kneel Before Zod: 4th DLC Character + The Flaming C

Post by roboronald10 »

Supposedly, there's a new leak for the next 4 DLC characters, who are going to be Martian Manhunter, Red Hood, Power Girl, and Sub-Zero.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ts8lrIg72w
It's all speculation for now though. I hope that Sub-Zero isn't in the game though. I didn't like Scorpion's addition into the game. Injustice should have just stayed a comic book game with no MK characters in the mix. And, maybe better character choices to make the cast more diverse.
Lobo was in own guy, he's ok. Batgirl is pretty much Batman. General Zod is just an evil Superman. It just seems redundant. We need more variety :D. We already have Killer Frost, so why Sub-Zero?
Red Hood could come off as a Joker clone, but it's unlikely. Power Girl could come off as a Wonder Woman clone as well. That's just me.
I would like to Martian Manhunter, Beast Boy, Starfire, and some big character like Swamp Thing or Gorilla Grodd. Or perhaps another woman like Zatanna or Big Barda.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Yes, there are rumors flying around and part of it is probably true.
I Rule This World!

roboronald10
Master

Post by roboronald10 »

From what I have heard, the guy who leaked this information about Power Girl, Red Hood, Martian Manhunter, and Sub-Zero was the same person who leaked the first 4 DLC back when Lobo was first revealed. Who knows, he could be right or wrong, time will tell. Shoot, I was wrong about Fujin being the 4th possible DLC character in Mortal Kombat (2011) hahaha.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

The Fujin rumors were based on code and audio files present in MK9. So is the rumor about the next four DLC characters.

The problem is, Netherrealm Studios cannot foresee what character the fans would demand. With the first wave they focused on pre-release wishes from the fans. But in cases something in the desire of the fans shifts, they may still make an adjustment.

I personally think that Martian Manhunter and Sub-Zero are 100% going to be in there.
I Rule This World!

Noob Saibot
Warrior

Post by Noob Saibot »

I was disappointed when Fujin did not appear in the game. He is one of the kool post UMK3 characters.

Zod is not really convincing for me. May be once I play with him I will change my mind. Currently he looks just like a cheap advertisement for Man of Steel.
We share blood, but we are not brothers.
roboronald10
Master

Post by roboronald10 »

"Wanna know what we should put on General Zod? Catwoman's goggles!"
"Perfect!"
C'mon NRS lol.
It would be interesting if NRS released a poll of around of the most popular DC heroes and villains and the top 4 who get the most votes, one of which had to be a female, would be "confirmed" as the next DLC, but by now, the next 4 DLC characters choices made by NRS are already set in stone. Like you said, ANYTHING could happen.
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Development of a new DLC character does not happen over night, that is why they can't really do what you are suggesting.

But, as we all can see, they are listening.
I Rule This World!

roboronald10
Master

Post by roboronald10 »

I see. Can't rush things. Also, why is Zod banned? Is he overpowered or?
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

He was banned from EVO because there is simply not enough time to fully evaluate the character. He simply arrives too late. If the game is part of the tournament next year, he will be legal then.
I Rule This World!

Return to “News Articles”