Brian Tee talks Liu Kang and Mortal Kombat: Legacy Season 2

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Brian Tee talks Liu Kang and Mortal Kombat: Legacy Season 2

Post by Gambid »

Nerd Reactor recently published in interview with Brian Tee, the actor who portrays Liu Kang in the second season of Mortal Kombat: Legacy.

During the interview, it is revealed that Liu Kang will appear in episode 1 and will be present in at least half of the episodes. In addition the beginning of May is pointed as a possible launch date for the series with the finally being aligned with this years' San Diego Comic Con (July 17 - July 21). Keep in mind that this information is not officially confirmed by the studio:
Jonathan: I believe early May is what they said. There’s no official date yet. It’s when they feel comfortable about blasting them out. I’m pretty sure they want to time the release of the finale to the start of Comic-Con.
Brian Tee also revealed that he will be attending Comic-Con to promote the show, meaning a Mortal Kombat: Legacy panel is very possible.
Liu Kang is described by Brian Tee as the anti-hero of the series:
When the offer came in, I was like, “No,” but they were like, “No, read it. Read it!” I got a great buddy of mine who’s playing Scorpion in the first series and in the second series. [Ian Anthony Dale] gave me a call and he goes, “No, dude. Read it.” So I read it, and it blew my mind. It’s pretty much the Liu Kang saga where he’s the anti-hero of the series. And you see why he’s so angry and frustrated with Kung Lao and why he’s riding the lines between different worlds and realms, whether it’s Outworld or Earthrealm, no one really knows for sure where he wants to go. There’s just so much pain and agony and hatred towards all the elements, that he just wants to lash out upon others in a sense too.
Click here to read the entire interview and find out a lot of interesting information.

Take a look at all available Mortal Kombat: Legacy information, including the latest cast and crew announcements in our Mortal Kombat: Legacy.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Noob Saibot
Warrior

Re: Brian Tee talks Liu Kang and Mortal Kombat: Legacy Seaso

Post by Noob Saibot »

The interview was very interesting. So if they start next week they will have 11 episodes until Comic Con. So we probably only have 9 or may be 10 episodes if what the guys say is correct. That kind of makes me said as I was hoping for more.
We share blood, but we are not brothers.

Return to “News Articles”