Mortal Kombat: Legacy Season 2 TV Spot

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat: Legacy Season 2 TV Spot

Post by Gambid »

Machinima has become the first YouTube Network to actually run a traditional TV ad campaign. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Network has purchased an ad slot on AMC's "The Talking Dead" on Easter Sunday to promote the second season of Mortal Kombat: Legacy with the following 60 seconds TV Spot:
Video no longer available!
"We wanted to promote it in a way that would break through the fog of familiarity," said Machinima executive vp of marketing Kevin Doohan. "Connecting to a television event like The Walking Dead season finale, a show that our fans are deeply passionate about, will introduce millions more viewers to Machinima."

Some advertising for the show is a great thing considering the fact, that there is almost no new information about the series that is supposed to start airing in the very near future. Even though filming has concluded several weeks ago, neither a launch date, nor a number of episodes have been officially announced yet.

Take a look at all available Mortal Kombat: Legacy information, including the latest cast and crew announcements in our Mortal Kombat: Legacy.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Noob Saibot
Warrior

Re: Mortal Kombat: Legacy Season 2 TV Spot

Post by Noob Saibot »

Finally some Mortal Kombat Legacy news. Event though there are only 1 or 2 very short new scenes in the Tv Spot, I am happy that things are moving forward. Some official announcement would be great.
We share blood, but we are not brothers.
Todday
Mortal
PSN: Todday919

Post by Todday »

Hopefully the way this is going it could be a continues advertisement for Mortal Kombat because with all the attention from media this could really fund for more Web shows of Legacy (Not to mention the movie that I look forward to seeing).

P.S. I haven't been on here in a while, but why are we advertising InJustice on here lol.... :lol:
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

The whole Legacy project is for me tasting the water. Trying to see whether there is interest in the franchise for projects other than video games. And the second season was made, I think because of the success of the first. Machinima must have been happy with the ad revenue from the first season to order a second one.

Don't really want to get into the whole Injustice thing in this topic. But to answer your question, my initial observation was, that the Mortal Kombat community and fan base is following the game. I personally struggled with the decision at first. Besides things are really slow on the Mortal Kombat front right now. It probably annoys a part of the community, but I think that another, hopefully bigger part enjoys the fact that we are covering Injustice.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Noob Saibot
Warrior

Post by Noob Saibot »

If season 2 turns out right, I would be more than happy to see season 3, as long as it does not further postpone the development of the movie. The media and news updates should have been poring our way at this point. Really don't understand why Machinima and Warner are keeping us in the dark.

One reason might be, that the second season is far from finished and ready for release. But then, why release the trailer so early. Something doesn't quite add up. Another possibility is that the people in charge of press relations and advertising are just lame.
We share blood, but we are not brothers.
Gsomeer
Warrior

Post by Gsomeer »

So far, this is the only news about Mortal Kombat that I've seen in about 2 months. I wonder why, is this really Injustice takes all attention, or just there is nothing to inform about?
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

There are news.

Mortal Kombat Armageddon Enhanced mod is released by me.
MKSM Enhanced Mod is WIP.

I also want to see a good MK movie.
But I think no movie can match MK1 movie no other movie.
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.

Return to “News Articles”