Injustice: Gods Among Us Story and Comic Book Prequel News

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Injustice: Gods Among Us Story and Comic Book Prequel News

Post by Gambid »

DC Comics has released the first digital chapter of the Injustice: Gods Among Us prequel comic book. Written by Tom Taylor and illustrated by Jheremy Raapack the first three digital chapters will be released in print on January 30th. Below you can see the cover of the first digital chapter:
Don't really want to spoil this for you, so I will try not to let anything slip through the words. If you are however worried, just skip this paragraph. The first digital chapter is simply amazing, well written and skillfully illustrated. The 20 digital pages (1 digital page takes about half printed page) take you from present day Gotham to the recent past (5 years to be exact) where Superman receives the happiest news of his life. The happy moments that dominate this first chapter are however only a preparation of what happens on the last few pages. I recommend this first chapter even for the non comic book fans.

The first chapter is available for purchase on website such as ComiXology for $0.99.

In an interview for IGN comic book writer Tom Taylor explained how amazed he was by the story of the game:
To tell you the truth, when the script arrived, I rolled my eyes, gritted my teeth and prepared to read through what I assumed would be a standard script to a fighting game; some ham-fisted dialogue, followed by some flaky reason to want to take out the opponents ribs one at a time.
Image Image
And then I started reading it… and I read the entire thing in one sitting… and then I grinned. This really is the most ambitious script I’ve ever seen from a fighting game, and the NetherRealm guys have pulled it off. So, the challenge is not ‘how do I make this interesting?’ but how do I complement what these guys have done? How do I too find that perfect balance between emotional, epic storytelling and sudden, irreparable spine removal?
He goes however beyond that and shares some story details, explaining how ambitious the whole story is:
Taylor: Glad to hear you liked it. I’ve actually been pouring my heart and soul into this one. Superman has been my absolute hero for as long as I can remember and, for reasons that will become obvious, this has been a very hard one to write from that point of view.

Yes, it has been freeing. Probably the most freeing thing I’ve ever worked on in licensed comics. There has been nothing off the table with this series. Everything you read will be how I wrote it.
Image Image
If you’ve read the first chapter, you know what happens on the last page. And everyone will have a chance to download the first ten-page chapter on January 15. I wrote that fully expecting a conversation would be coming with my editors but no one batted an eyelid.

Wait until page 9 of Chapter 3 (the second-to-last page of the first print comic), then it will become clear just how far we’re going. Nothing and no one is safe or sacred in our series.
Click here to read the entire interview.

And last but not least, DC Comics has released the cover art of the forth print issue of the prequel comic book. The issue will be released on Apr 24 2013.
Click here to learn more about the upcoming comic book series based on Injustice: Gods Among Us.

For all available information, please visit our Injustice: Gods Among Us section.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster

Return to “News Articles”