Injustice: Gods Among Us Revealed

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Injustice: Gods Among Us Revealed

Post by Gambid »

Netherrealm Studios announced its next fighting game Injustice: Gods Among Us. The game uses a modified version of the Mortal Kombat 9 engine and features 2D gameplay with characters such as Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Flash:
From the press release:

WARNER BROS. INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT ANNOUNCES

Injustice: Gods Among Us

New Fighting Game Franchise from the Makers of Award-Winning Mortal Kombat Franchise Revealed

BURBANK, Calif. – May 31, 2012 – What if our greatest heroes became our greatest threat? Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment today announced Injustice: Gods Among Us, an all-new game in development by award-winning NetherRealm Studios, creators of the definitive fighting game franchise Mortal Kombat. The game is scheduled for release in 2013 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and the Wii U™ system from Nintendo.

Injustice: Gods Among Us debuts as a bold new fighting game franchise that introduces a deep, original story featuring a large cast of favorite DC Comics icons such as Batman, Harley Quinn, Solomon Grundy, Superman, The Flash, Wonder Woman and many others. Set in a world where the lines between good and evil are blurred, players will experience heroes and villains engaging in epic battles on a massive scale.

Image Image Image Image

“With Injustice: Gods Among Us, we are creating an all-new franchise with incredible battles set in the DC Comics Universe,” said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “NetherRealm Studios is the extremely talented team behind the latest Mortal Kombat hit and it is developing a game unlike any other in the fighting genre.”

“We can’t wait to reveal Injustice: Gods Among Us because it will give our fans and gamers an epic experience as they battle like gods as their favorite DC Comics villains and heroes,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “Our team is excited to make a fighting game that is filled with fast-paced action, incredible story-telling and iconic DC Comics characters.”

Image Image Image Image
For much more information and images visit our Injustice: Gods Among Us section.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
minisubzero628
Mortal
PSN: onitenla

Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us Revealed

Post by minisubzero628 »

Wow! I must say this game looks amazing. Its nice that Warner Bros lets Netherrealm studios work on other video games. I was shocked to see that they even help out the Batman arkham City game.
Gambid
Elder God
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Unfortunately a game like this will definitely postpone the development of the next Mortal Kombat game. I personally struggled with whether we should cover a non Mortal Kombat game or not. But in the end I feel that this game stinks of Mortal Kombat and I suspect that most of the MK fans will definitely follow it.

I am also really optimistic for a Mortal Kombat cameos like Scorpion and Sub-Zero and why not Finishing Moves.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Juxtapose13
Apprentice
PSN: Juxtapose1313
XBox Live: Juxtapose13

Post by Juxtapose13 »

Gambid wrote:
I am also really optimistic for a Mortal Kombat cameos like Scorpion and Sub-Zero and why not Finishing Moves.
I fully expect some Mortal Kombat guest characters to appear.
--
Juxtapose13

"Outstanding. Now all we need is a deck of cards." Corporal Hicks, Aliens.
Gsomeer
Warrior

Post by Gsomeer »

They made MKvsDC;
They made MK9;
They are gonna realease a DC fighting game.
Good.
roboronald10
Master
PSN: KlassicGODZILLA9

Post by roboronald10 »

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I need to get me a freaking PS3 NOW! And considering this to be a new franchise, I'm gonna just barf rainbows all over it XD
minisubzero628
Mortal
PSN: onitenla

Post by minisubzero628 »

When I get this game I plan to watch out for not only cameos but for secrets that may reveal information about the mk movie or the next game. since the game looks a lot like mk, i don't mind getting it. as wel,l I like DC Comics and I want to see where there going to take this story line. On a side note i wish for a mk vs marvel comics game.
Juxtapose13
Apprentice

Post by Juxtapose13 »

roboronald10 wrote:HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I need to get me a freaking PS3 NOW! And considering this to be a new franchise, I'm gonna just barf rainbows all over it XD
Do you have an Xbox 360 now though, as the game is coming out for both platforms.
--
Juxtapose13

roboronald10
Master
PSN: KlassicGODZILLA9

Post by roboronald10 »

Juxtapose13 wrote:
roboronald10 wrote:HOLY FUCKING SHIT! I need to get me a freaking PS3 NOW! And considering this to be a new franchise, I'm gonna just barf rainbows all over it XD
Do you have an Xbox 360 now though, as the game is coming out for both platforms.
Sadly, I don't a PS3 nor an Xbox 360. Coming from a low class family, I expect one within the next few months...possibly.
Gsomeer
Warrior

Post by Gsomeer »

roboronald10 wrote:Sadly, I don't a PS3 nor an Xbox 360. Coming from a low class family, I expect one within the next few months...possibly.
Try to find job, if you can't afford a console for right now, these 3 month are summer time and this time is the best for it. Or try to hoard money.
Juxtapose13
Apprentice

Post by Juxtapose13 »

roboronald10 wrote:
Juxtapose13 wrote:
Sadly, I don't a PS3 nor an Xbox 360. Coming from a low class family, I expect one within the next few months...possibly.
Ah, okay, I understand. I hope you're able to get one soon! Between the two, since you'll be a new consumer, I do recommend a PlayStation 3 over an Xbox 360.
--
Juxtapose13

raphaeltmnt
Mortal

Post by raphaeltmnt »

This game looks like it'll be decent, I'll use Batman and hope to see some form of Green Lantern.
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

If there is only MK character in this one...
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.

Return to “News Articles”