Message From Gambid

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Message From Gambid

Post by Gambid »

As the founder of MKSecrets I thought a lot whether I should make a statement about the whole unused sprites situation and the conflict between MKSecrets represented by ded and several people from the MUGEN Community. Fact is, I cannot stand idly by when someone attacks MKSecrets and the Mortal Kombat community and not having the courage to leave the posts online when things got ugly. The whole situation is unpleasant for me and I am sure that something like this is the last thing you want to read on our Facebook page or our front page for that matter, for which I apologize to all of you. MKSecrets is about information, about secrets, about all things Mortal Kombat, but most of all it is about quality and our work on the site, the History and the Haziness Series has proved that. Proper credit for the sprites was given to the person who ripped them. The reaction of several people from the MUGEN board came as a complete shock to me. They started attacking the site, its fans and basically every MK Fan who does not care about MUGEN and this is something ded and I as well will not tolerate. However the reaction of both sides was in one way or another completely childish. There is one last thing I want to say to all the people from both sides. It is clear that both communities are completely dysfunctional and closed to the rest of the world and even have inside problems. Actually one of the reasons I usually stay aside. Now, if any one has a problem with the way the sprites were used or things that they deserve a credit for whatever reason, feel free to send me an E-Mail. Just make sure you really deserve it.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Gsomeer
Warrior

Re: Message From Gambid

Post by Gsomeer »

Usually, I don't involve in any situation like this, and maybe I don't understand the whole point of this conflict, but also I don't understand one thing: yes, he ripped sprites, it's a good thing, but those ones are not his property, what copyrights are they talking about? Ded has put the nickname of the guy, who ripped them in his post, but:
Stupid background
its silly to paste ripped sprites on a background and present them that way when they could be easily animated.
They shouldn't have care about background, I think.
And the whole situation around those sprites is just like "someone took away a found candy from a little kid".
Sorry, if I wrote or understood something wrong.
roboronald10
Master
PSN: KlassicGODZILLA9

Post by roboronald10 »

lol they're just sprites. MUGEN doesn't even have rights to make those often horribly make MK games in the first place. MKSecrets are just showing them off, but they don't take credit while MUGEN are using characters that belong to Netherrealms Studios, not them. I'm on MKSecrets' side since I don't play MUGEN and I think they're just acting dumb
Darkness-Lord
Apprentice

Post by Darkness-Lord »

Hy all MK Secrets it has ben a long time since i have ben online, not to the point i think that the mk mugen comunity is tring to steal thoes sprites mk secrets is just showing a picture with some un used sprites now the mugen is using sprite rips from the games if i am correct the mugen comunity DOES NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO COMPLAIN because they are the one who stole sprites from each other and most of all some of them does not even credit the creators of the game and that my friends it is ILLEGAL
what is the big problem here??? the fact that mk secrets posted a picture with unused sprites or mugen using thoes sprites without the permision of the creators??? all this for what? even i playd some mk mugen games but to compare them with the original games it is somehing else but since the persons mencant in the other posts or topics if i remember one of them is know for tring to make a mk games with sprites from other mk mugen creators (some of you may know about who i am taking about) now for my last thing to say is that i am on MKSecrets's side because it is about the game info guide secrets and most of all it is about mk univers that is made by the fans.

Take Care all i will keep in touch
Let Mortal Kombat Begin
Gambid
Elder God
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

All I did was trying to apologize to our visitors and Facebook Subscribers for the entire situation. I was hoping that that would be the end of it, but apparently I was wrong. There are people who just won't let go. However, I said everything I wanted and I don't thing that MKSecrets did something wrong with the sprites or with the given credit. That is enough for me.

Thanks to all of you who believe in the freedom of information sharing and the calm and non egotistic way of enjoying Mortal Kombat.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Lord Dragu
Master

Post by Lord Dragu »

Ripping sprites.
War for just a sprites.
This is stupid. Whole story is stupid.
There is nothing wrong about sharing stuff.
What of Midway for having their sprites used in MUGEN?
What of Dan Forden's Music used in Mugen Again?
No no, Stupid situation from people who have nothing to do except to blame for content that is not their own.
DaTeHaCKs now stands against sites like GameFaqs where their staff doesn't respect their members opinion, delete threads without a warning, delete posts without a warning, doesn't respect people's opinions and directly infract user accounts just making a complain or trying to contact Administrators. The Moderator Staff of GameFaqs/GameSpot is a bunch of ass losers who deserve no such status. Playing with a moderator/admin status like a gun is a way to show how big cowards they are.
LazyBastardGuy

Post by LazyBastardGuy »

MKSecrets represents a collaborative effort to compile MK information by many people, manned by a select few who run and oversee the site from behind the scenes. That they simply did what they have always done, compiled more information into their databases and told us about it, does not represent in any way an attempt to deprive anyone of their integrity. I fail to see what is so insulting about this. Someone believed that the person who extracted the data deserves more credit than they have gotten - all they did was find the stuff in the ROM! It is illogical to assume they deserve more than a shoutout for a discovery that would have happened sooner or later. The ones who TRULY deserve credit are the MK development team, but they have always received that kind of recognition and all we are doing is finding out more about what they have done - or haven't done.

I personally do not like MUGEN very much, they come up with some good ideas that are worth seeing but the gameplay they create just sort of sucks. Just IMO. And to see the members of that community getting riled up over something this trivial is ridiculous. The way I see it, someone expected more credit than they deserved for it and went the wrong way about getting it. Not only that, but it wasn't even the person who found the data to begin with.

I'm totally on MKSecrets' side here. I've seen this before - anytime someone takes offense to something and gets all defensive about it, they often resort to personal insults toward people who were not even insulting THEM in any way. Their use of colorful language just deprives their case of credibility even further, because they can't resort to real evidence but rather their own spiteful hatred. I don't see why they do it.

Return to “News Articles”