Mortal Kombat 9 Sells Over Three Million Units Worldwide

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Mortal Kombat 9 Sells Over Three Million Units Worldwide

Post by Gambid »

Warner Bros. announced today that Mortal Kombat 9 (2011) has sold over 3 000 000 units worldwide. From the press release:
MORTAL KOMBAT SELLS OVER THREE MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE

Latest Release from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment is the Most Successful Console Game for the Iconic Franchise

Burbank, Calif. – September 15, 2011 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announces Mortal Kombat, the latest iteration of the legendary fighting franchise, has sold over three million units worldwide, making it the highest-selling fighting game this year.

Mortal Kombat, developed by NetherRealm Studios, led by Mortal Kombat creator and creative director Ed Boon, launched on PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft in April 2011. In addition to the full game available at retail, downloadable content (DLC) has been released for the game offering four warriors, including the return of fan favorites Skarlet, Kenshi and Rain and an all-new competitor in the coliseum - legendary dream stalker Freddy Krueger - who now features two vicious bladed gloves. Each DLC character comes with his or her own move set, arcade ladder story ending, and two deadly fatalities.

“We are very pleased with the success of Mortal Kombat, as it surpassed our expectations in becoming the #1 fighting game in North America released so far this year,” said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “NetherRealm Studios delivered a high quality game which has exceeded our sales goals. We'd like to thank our entire team and all of our partners for their innovative campaigns and tremendous support of Mortal Kombat, as the game sales continue to grow."

“All of us at NetherRealm Studios are very excited that players have embraced Mortal Kombat. The game was a labor of love for us and we could not be more pleased with its performance,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “Fan reaction to this latest installment has made all of our hard work worth it.”

Mortal Kombat is a triumphant return to the game’s original mature presentation offering over-the-top fatalities and cringe-worthy X-ray moves. Going back to a 2D fighting plane, this latest iteration in the franchise introduces a number of new game-play features including Tag Team, Challenge Tower, and a deep story mode. Players can choose from an extensive lineup of the game’s iconic warriors and challenge their friends in traditional 1 vs. 1 matches, or take on several players in the new online King of the Hill mode.

The legendary fighting game is now available in North America for $59.99 on the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360.
Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
sub-zero9
Master

Re: Mortal Kombat 9 Sells Over Three Million Units Worldwide

Post by sub-zero9 »

Very nice...pretty impressive considering it didn't get released in Australia...

VENGEANCE WILL BE MINE!
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

The game might in fact appear there one day. I hear it looks really good for them to get a 18+ rating for ganes.
I Rule This World!

mk master 365
Grand Master
Side: Darkness
PSN: w2gMk

Post by mk master 365 »

looks like its prices arnt going to go down any time soon....
▄██████████████▄▐█▄▄▄▄█▌
██████▌▄▌▄▐▐▌███▌▀▀██▀▀
████▄█▌▄▌▄▐▐▌▀███▄▄█▌
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀
Gambid
Elder God

Post by Gambid »

Probably not. Although most retailers have it for less than $50.
I Rule This World!

Return to “News Articles”