Interview With MK: Deception' Development Team

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Interview With MK: Deception' Development Team

Post by Gambid »

Today HomeLAN updated with one new interview with MK: Deception's development team. There is a little new information about some of the new characters and the story:
HomeLAN - How does the storyline of MK Deception follow up on the events in Deadly Alliance?

John Vogel, Storyline & Animation - In Deadly Alliance there was a back story about an ancient Dragon King of Outworld and his “undefeatable” army. In MK Deception we’ve built upon that myth. The Dragon King has somehow returned from the dead and the characters of MK Deception must deal with him in classic MK style (by joining him or opposing him). Our opening FMV sequence will start right at the climax of the Deadly Alliance storyline and follow through to create the beginning of the new storyline. The fans will find out what really happened to the heroes and villains of the last game. I feel the storyline for Deadly Alliance deviates quite a bit from previous MK conclusions in that there is an ending with a clear “winner,” but a new threat presents itself almost immediately as we go into MK Deception. (There is no “...and we all went home to wait for the next dilemma” situation.) Deadly Alliance and Deception act very much like a two-part story, even though that was not the plan initially.

HomeLAN - While you are bringing back old favorites from past Mortal Kombat games, there will be some new characters. What can you tell us about MK Deception’s new fighters?

Steve Beran, Character Designer - We have a lot of new characters in MK Deception. Kira is a leather clad beauty and the newest member of Kano’s infamous Black Dragon gang. Hotaru is a guardian of Order. His current mission is to restore order to Outworld. Dairu is a deadly mercenary. Ashrah is a demon hunter bent on purifying herself of evil.
Click here to read the full interview.

Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
scorpion15152004
Grand Master

Re: Interview With MK: Deception' Development Team

Post by scorpion15152004 »

Thanks Gambid!

Return to “News Articles”