Best Fighting Game Of E3

Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Best Fighting Game Of E3

Post by Gambid »

Three different websites, GameSpot, IGN, 1UP awarded Mortal Kombat: Deception for E3 Best Fighting game. We want to congratulate the development team for the great work.

GameSpot Award
Fighting games are experiencing what might be considered a renaissance these days, with the advent of online play. Many of us at GameSpot were hardcore into the genre at one time, but as the nation's arcades dwindled, competition became harder to come by, and our interest naturally dwindled. But this looks like the perfect opportunity to dive right back in, and we absolutely can't wait. There were other promising fighting games at E3, but Mortal Kombat: Deception had us most excited.
IGN Award
After 2002's surprisingly sound 3D rendition of Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, Midway has taken its time to dig deeper into the MK chest of goodies. Mortal Kombat: Deception adds to the combo carnage by bringing expected new characters and moves, but it's upped the ante with brutally punishing environmental traps, and it's rounded out the fighter with solid, likeable side games giving players secondary and tertiary reasons to goof around. The fighting itself is still skill-based, combo-laden and tighter than ever, and the wealth of moves and character rivalries brings new life to the aging series. Mortal Kombat may be an old series, but the new engine and tireless work on Midway's part to hone it have shown us the spine-ripping beast of a brawler still has all the right moves.
Image Image
1UP Award
Mortal Kombat: Deception (Xbox, PS2)
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection had us pretty excited, but Mortal Kombat is, well, new.

Nominees
Guilty Gear Isuka
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
King of Fighters Maximum Impact
Guilty Gear X2 Reload
Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
vax
Mortal

Re: Best Fighting Game Of E3

Post by vax »

ye.we are on the list
what a good feeling isnt it?
MiNeOuT
God

Post by MiNeOuT »

Thats what I expected. :D
Agent Smith
Mortal

Post by Agent Smith »

obviuosly it's going to to win,i mean come on since deadly alliance came out most of the other fighting games can't stand up to mortal kombat. Tao Feng was the only game that i can see was close to mortal kombat only because that double crosser John Tobais went to microsoft. When i saw dead or alive extreme i was like"this is going to be the best online fighting game game of the year" but then when i saw mortal kombat deception i was like"there goes dead or alive". If microsoft was smart they would release dead or alive faster than MK:Deception so they sell more copies now.
Edenian Night
Mortal

Post by Edenian Night »

Im am SOOOO proud of MIDWAY and Mortal Kombat!!!!!!!!!!! This is GREAT! Im a HUGE mk fan and these news are getting other games ON CHECK! MK LIVES ON and keeps getting better. I cant wait to see wat the people at fightergeneration.com have to say. They talk so much crap about MOrtal KOmbat and that gets on my nerves!!!!!! )have ya been there) Well, congrats to MIDWAY and this is GREAT news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im sure every TRUE mk fan is happy for these news!!!!
MiNeOuT
God

Post by MiNeOuT »

Agent Smith wrote: obviuosly it's going to to win,i mean come on since deadly alliance came out most of the other fighting games can't stand up to mortal kombat. Tao Feng was the only game that i can see was close to mortal kombat only because that double crosser John Tobais went to microsoft. When i saw dead or alive extreme i was like"this is going to be the best online fighting game game of the year" but then when i saw mortal kombat deception i was like"there goes dead or alive". If microsoft was smart they would release dead or alive faster than MK:Deception so they sell more copies now.
Dead or Alive is not online yet.
the Undead
God

Post by the Undead »

this is good news im looking foreward to it just as much as them

Post by Guest »

MiNeOuT wrote:
Dead or Alive is not online yet. [/quote]
Dead or Alive Extreme is online.

Return to “News Articles”