Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Patch Notes - 05/13/2021

Roy Arkon
God
Side: Darkness
PSN: RoyArkon46

Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Patch Notes - 05/13/2021

Post by Roy Arkon »

A new patch has just been released for Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate on both PlayStation and Xbox. This patch is yet another small one, but it is entirely based around character balance. The PC, Stadia and Switch versions should receive the patch soon, and there's no download required for the patch on any of the platforms. Here are the notes:

Character Specific Adjustments
  • Sheeva - Now has 950 health (down from 1000)
  • Sheeva - Slightly narrowed the hit region for Dragon Drop & it now has a set delay time when delayed & 30 more recovery frames on miss or when hit hitting armor
  • Joker - Now has 950 health (down from 1000)
  • Cetrion - Now has 950 health (down from 1000)
  • Cetrion - Slightly reduced the damage when blocked & flawless blocked of Deadly Winds & Deadly Winds Amplified
  • Fujin - Adjusted the victim regions of Knee Buckler (Down + Front Kick)
  • RoboCop - Now has 1100 health (up from 1050)
  • RoboCop - Don't Move Creep (Front Punch, Back Punch, Front Punch) now has 2 more active frames & 5 less recovery frames on block
  • Rambo - First Blood (Towards + Front Punch, Back Punch) has 3 less recovery frames on block
  • Rambo - Diddy-Bopping (Away + Back Punch, Back Punch, Back Kick) has more pushback on block & 5 more blockstun frames
  • Shao Kahn - You Will Never Win (Towards + Front Kick, Back Kick) now has 3 less recovery frames & can now be 2in1 cancelled when flawless blocked
  • Shao Kahn - Hammer Lunge now has less pushback on block & 10 less recovery frames on block & miss
  • Shao Kahn - Hammer Lunge Amplify now has more pushback on block, 5 more blockstun frames & 15 less recovery frames on miss
  • Shao Kahn - Ground Shatter has 4 less rec frames & more pushback on block
  • Shao Kahn - Ground Shatter Amplify now has more pushback on block, 10 more blockstun frames, & is now a mid block
Did you like this update? Then follow us on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Discord.

No matter the form, Reptile is always awesome
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Re: Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate Patch Notes - 05/13/2021

Post by Gambid »

They finally did something about the Sheeva situation. Let's see if it helps.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

I'm not sure if it's called "help" because it has been discovered by several people that the Stomp is not necessary broken, but rather a knowledge checker, as you could already counter it by every character in the roster. Not to say of course that Sheeva doesn't have other tools besides Stomp, which can still be useful in some situations.
Gambid
Elder God
Side: Light
XBox Live: ArmoredGambid

Post by Gambid »

Still, the stomp is extremely difficult to counter and casual players have more or less no chance against it, depending on the character they are using. The dash is, I believe the only character overarching counter. I might be wrong though.
I Rule This World!

By the unholy darkness that consumes me, I will have the Earthrealm.

Mortal Kombat Secrets Founder and Webmaster
Roy Arkon
God

Post by Roy Arkon »

No, every character had at least one way to deal with the Stomp. Yes for some it might have been easier than others, but there never was a "no chance" situation against it for anyone. Also, that's exactly what I meant by "knowledge checker", that it shows how much you are good at the game and how much knowledge you have, so of course that for casual players who don't have the knowledge it would've been impossible, but if you put the practice it would show that you made progress in the game.

Nonetheless, the Stomp has been nerfed, but Sheeva will be fine.

Return to “News Articles”